fevolation87

Debutant
Sep 16, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
F1, Football (soccer)
what do you guys reckon. I for one would rather see Sentanta in Centre Half Back as he has a good kick on him, and has the body and speed to match it with CHF. Can be a Quarter-Back like player for us. While Hartlett has the body and footy-brain to take on a full forward. This could also free thornton to player on a smaller player. Thoughts ??

what do you guys reckon. I for one would rather see Sentanta in Centre Half Back as he has a good kick on him, and has the body and speed to match it with CHF. Can be a Quarter-Back like player for us. While Hartlett has the body and footy-brain to take on a full forward. This could also free thornton to player on a smaller player. Thoughts ??

Setanta..............good kick................hmmmm.

Hartlett is a natural forward and is tailor made for CHF when his body is injury free.

Carlo's is suited to either FB or CHB depending on who is the big rampaging forward. Carlo's will always get goals kicked on him, but the rebound he will create will be a real asset. He is also a real team player and is very brave, infact Ratten said only 6 players would be in the leadership group, I think Carlo's should be one. He is evidence of what effort and dedication can create, plus he is a real clubman and team player.

Exactly, hence why I'd like him to be given an extended run at CHF.

Bingo.

I have made a team of how I would like us to line up in round 1, and how I think we will line up in round 1. Harts features in both teams. If we need Waite down back, Harts should start at CHF, and if Waite is forward, Harts should be played off the bench.

He has the talent to make it, but injuries have killed him. I just hope to god that they stay away for the whole year :(

I just hope he stays fit and plays most games this year!

I do like the idea of his massive kick used to kick out, but i think he is better suited up forward.

I've always been sceptical about Hartlett's ability even when he is fully fit but if he is to make it will definitely not be full back. He struggles with lateral movement and when he's been down their before he just looks too slow off the mark. If he is to make it this year he obviously has to stand up in the forward line.

I'm not holding my breath that his body will stay in one piece and allow him to play.

If he did and he stands up at CHF, we won't miss Kennedy as much.

Hartlett is arguably a more punishing kick of the football than Josh.

Fev and Hartlett ripping it from 50 would be great football. :)

not arguably!!! he is a massive kick..and accurate too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still not that coninced on Hartlett, and 2008 will be make or break for him. He's obviously had his injury problems, but hopefully he can get through a full pre-season, and his body holds up so he can have a fair dinkum crack at 2008.
I'm convinced he'd be a good player, but not if he can't make it on the field.

As you say, this is it for Harts. He stands up or goes on to become a very good SANFL player in 2009.

My gut feel is that his hammies are terminal (no, they won't kill him.......just his career). A big guy who moves awkwardley, this young, with recurrent hammies is not a good sign.
Did anyone see pics of him at training the other day?

let the boy go half a year without a year then asses where he is best placed to play.

what ever suits the team balance is where he should play.

Perhaps they could change him and waite from CHF & CHB???

either way i just hope that he can show what we have been waiting for.

Please no more injuries

What a heap of shit, saying Setanta could play a quarter back type role, I can hardly see his foot skills being of a higher enough standard to cut to many sides to ribbons of the half backline.. Temas would happenly concede Setanta 20 possies safe in the knowledge he isn't going to hurt them with his diposal... I like Setanta, he has a red hot go and is improving all the time and may one day be cpable of holding down CHB. But he as sure as there is night and day he will never play a running quarter back role such as Scotland, Gram, Burgoyne, mackie and alike do for their respecctive clubs... You knowledge of the game is obviously very limited....

Still not that coninced on Hartlett, and 2008 will be make or break for him. He's obviously had his injury problems, but hopefully he can get through a full pre-season, and his body holds up so he can have a fair dinkum crack at 2008.

IIRC he injured his 'other' hammy during last year's pre-season training?

Here's to hoping he finally does manage a full pre-season! :thumbsu:

Hartlett at CHF and Waitey on a flank. Would be awesome.

oooooooo-rite!! :thumbsu::thumbsu:

quagmire.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Hartlett in full back

Remove this Banner Ad

Back