OZBomb

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2005
Hobart, Tasmania
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
West Ham United
Brett Ratten stated in an SEN interview recently that whoever stamped their case out of Mark Austin and Adam Hartlett would decide where Jarrad Waite would play in the long term. Waite is named at CHF and Hartlett has been dropped, so does this signal the end of Hartlett or will he get atleast another year?

He will get one more year, needs to prove he can get his body right so he can string a few games together.

He will get one more year, needs to prove he can get his body right so he can string a few games together.

ive seen enough of him...
id rather play austin/setanta back and then move waite into the forward line! this at least gives us a target up forward. waite is much more productive than a dud (hartlett) RACKING UP 3 possessions and 1 mark and no goals per game.

i wouldnt be too unhappy to see the end of hartlett.

in afl footy when you get your chance you have to take it and hartlett has not taken his chance. austin has!

Hasn't Hartlett had 2 years plus already? I think that he missed the boat terribly and will be delisted at years end.

He was drafted, given a few chances but his body couldn't hold up. He's going to remembered for smacking a Bitchmind player and nothing else.

Bye Adam.

He'll be retained for another year, but I'm surprised to see him dropped after one game.

That indicates we're shooting for finals instead of in simple "player development" mode. I guess a final or two is accelerated development for those kids who can hold their place in the side.

I think Carlton already know what they are going to do with him next year. The indication i'm getting (from the way he's been handled) is that he will be delisted at the end of the year, i don't think you keep dropping someone that you think has potential after one game, that doesn't make sense to me, especially when we are poorly stocked in that position. If they were still undecided or leaning towards keeping him for next year, i think he would be playing this week and next no matter what his form is like. This would indicate they have confidence in him or they want to see what he can do at AFL level.

If they think he has another year left or has potential i'm shocked he isn't playing. If he doesn't play at least two more games this year that proves he can play AFL then i see no basis on why he should stay on our list. He hasn't proven anything, he keeps getting injured and he can't get a game even when our KF stocks are low, he'll just be a wasted position on our list.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

in a forward line consisting of the likes of ony fev and fisher (been horrible in front of goals this year) as the tall forwards, highly doubt that hartlett will be delisted JUST YET. still only 21? and very young for a kkp!

i think a player in a bit more troubvle is jake edwards, dont really see a position for him when wiggins and russell are in the team playing the EXACT same role.

saying that, i dont think either will be delisted at years end :p

Harts should have played the next two weeks regardless, and we should have fed him the pill loads......get him to kick a couple of bags.........an audition for October.;)

Simply just doesn't look up to it. Injuries haven't helped him, but he has shown very little when fit. Maybe 1 more year? I wouldnt be concerned if we ditched him.

He was recruited as a FB so play him down back and play Waite up forward.

If they can continually perservere with Russell anything is possible with Hartlett????

I'm not so sure that he was recruited as a FB. IIRC, he was recruited as a CHF who could play back if need be. I'm still undecided what we should do with Hartlett. There are players ahead of him that have to be delisted, but the club may look to trade him, although i'm not to sure what they would get for him.

I think he was dropped mainly because we still have a chance to make the 8. On the basis we need to keep winning we have gone for team balance. The Crows are not a BIG side but do have a lot of smaller quick running players. They have one of the toughest backlines in the competion and therefore we need as many running players as we can fit in to bounce out of their forward line quickly so they can't get players back in time. We will force them to keep running all day and run them off thier feet. Armfield fits that role of a quick attacking HBF who also attacks the ball "full on"ike Browne does.

Harts missing out this week looked like a horses for courses thing to me.

They didn't replace him with a like player, so i would think he's still in the mix for some more games in our forward line before the end of this season.

The guy is still young for a CHF, and he's had terrible luck with injuries. I don't know how many of the people bagging him here were at the Round 1 match against the Tigers, but i thought he looked pretty good in that game.

I think it could seriously be as simple as him having a game where he snags 3 or 4 goals and then believing in himself from there on.

It's not like we've got an abundance of options for CHF, and as much as it can be said that Waite can play there, his kicking for goal is too inconsistent for mine for him to be a permanent option.

I suspect we'll try to get a KP forward in the upcoming draft, and hang onto Harts until that pick develops, so that we'll have a choice between the two of them at that time.

I'm not so sure that he was recruited as a FB. IIRC, he was recruited as a CHF who could play back if need be. I'm still undecided what we should do with Hartlett. There are players ahead of him that have to be delisted, but the club may look to trade him, although i'm not to sure what they would get for him.

Who would possibly give up draft picks in a trade for Adam Hartlett? There wouldn't be anyone remotely interested in him at this point and I wouldn't blame them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hartlett - Is He Done?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back