Hartlett v. Jack Trengove?

Remove this Banner Ad

I would prefer Hartlett to Trengove - there's just a little too much hype about Trengove ATM and I'm a long way from convinced that he will be as good as some are saying. He does not have as penetrating a kick as Hartlett and is not as quick, although he does make position very well.

I'm not saying this because of relative draft positions, but I prefer Tapscott and Rohan as mid-fielders or certainly being on a par with Trengove.

Hartlett is and will be a better player by a long way.
Hartlett caqn do all the things Trengove can, but has better pace and significantly better disposal.

Hartlett is and will be a better player by a long way.
Hartlett caqn do all the things Trengove can, but has better pace and significantly better disposal.

A number of people have mentioned HH's extra pace. What did he get in the 20m sprint?

Trengove was in the top 2% suggesting that his lack of pace has been a bit of a myth.

I'll go with hartlett, he's going to be a deadset gun.

Haven't seen much trengove :p

Nothing like each other, other than both are very good footballers.

Hartlett has better skills and more tricks than Trengove.

Trengove however is full of heart and work ethic, so I would take him instead.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

trengove for me will be one of the elite players in the competition - he has shown me more in his SANFL season than hartlett did

i would take trengove every day of the week - hartlett is a nice player and has a great kick on him, but trengove has all the makings of an absolute gun

Im not gonna vote cause we have Hamish and we wont get Jack. Hamish went 4 in a stronger draft than Trengove who will go 1 or 2. Jack has done a lot more at SANFL level than H2 did in his draft year. Trengove has the makings of a Cooney, im sure the Dee's wont be too displeased having a future brownlow medalist at pick 2 if that was the case. H2 could be absolutely anything also just needs to get his soft tissue injuries under control.

At the same stage in their careers you would say Trengove was infront. However H2 definately showed during his first season why we picked him at 4 in one of the strongest drafts in recent memory.

Hamish has all the making to be the best midfielder of the 2008 draft, however people that aren't port fans wouldn't be aware of this because he didn't play anywhere near a full first season.

easy to answer combine the 2008 and 2009 draftees and where would hamish go compred to trengove, bet out of every phantom draft hamish would go higher

Cornesy Snr rates Trengove the best young midfielder he has seen since a young Nathan Buckley come on the scene for the Maggies. Haven't seen enough of him myself to compare him to HH but I'm more than happy with what I have seen of HH thanks very much. Wouldn't swap him for anyone - Rich included.

I think people were saying the same about HH last year.

They will never forget you 'til somebody new comes along ;)

Well said Ford, I think Hamish will be a brilliant player and we'll have many years to witness it. Trengove will be brilliant also, that prelim final was outstanding. Still think local talent should stay local but that will open up a whole new can of worms.

As i recall last year, many Port fans were against the idea of drafting H2, i know for a fact i was a big advocate on getting either of Rich or Ziebell with pick 4. Most of the talk however was around Vickery and the need for a new ruckman. H2 rarely came into calculations and in fact wasn't even mooted as a probable pick for us till just before the draft.

Trengove who's carnival was good probably wasn't at the level H2's was the year before, showed a lot more in the SANFL, particually at senior level.

I agree that H2 could very well be the best midfielder from an amazingly strong 2008 draft but i think all things being equal, if we combined the 2008 and 2009 draft pool and considered them all untried 18 year olds, Trengove and Scully would both go top 3.

I love the look of H2, with a full preseason under his belt and a move into the midfield im eagerly anticipating his role next year at our club. Im sure Jack will have a long and successful career at the Dee's.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hartlett v. Jack Trengove?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back