has anyone ever won a brownlow in their first year?

Remove this Banner Ad

__aria__

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Jan 18, 2008
Lost
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Daniel Harris
because lets just say ive been watching jack ziebell on youtube and yea i think that u know where i am going with this :thumbsu:

please keep on topic or get out sross

It is on the topic. You are talking about the brownlow medal in his first year for a bloke we had drafted 12 hours before. If we hadn't drafted him you'd be saying it about someone else. I bet if you read nearly every board there would be someone making the same type of comment. It just doesn't happen to 18 year olds. I think we have picked up a potential star. If he plays 10 games in 2009 I'll be rapt.

FWIW I think he'll go back to back.:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Correct DarwinRoo.

Went on to win three Brownlows and three Sandover medals.

A legendary figure in Fitroy's history, tragically killed in a car accident in 1955.

I thought he did but I needed wiki to comfirm.

He is the only player in the history of the VFL/AFL to average a Brownlow vote a game

119 games for 129 votes.

Back to Back

http://home.vicnet.net.au/~basiced3/footy/legends/bunton.html

Hayden Bunton made his league debut at the age of 19. Bunton, a rover, had beautiful balance and has been described by many as the greatest ever. He played 119 games and in his short but successful career with Fitzroy, he won three Brownlow Medals, two of them in his first two seasons. Bunton then crossed over to Subiaco and there he won three Sandover Medals. Bunton later played with Port Adelaide, then surprisingly taking on a bit of umpireing when his playing days were over, then going on to coach North Adelaide.
Games: 119 (1931-37+42)
Captain:1932/Sexton(36,37)
Goals:209
Clubs leading goal kicker: 2 (1936,37)
Best and Fairest: 2 (1934,35)
Brownlow Medals: 3 (1931,32,35)
Coach: 1936

We shouldnt expect too much of the lad but I have it on good authority that he will win this years Syd Barker, the AFLPA MVP and NAB rising star and miss the brownlow by 1 vote, finishing 2nd to Collingwood's Leigh Brown.

Not that our recruiters are putting big wraps on him, publicly they are just hoping he 'makes an AFL player'. But I did overhear Donald McDonald saying that he hopes he will still be around to put him up for trade discussions at next years trade week.

We shouldnt expect too much of the lad but I have it on good authority that he will win this years Syd Barker, the AFLPA MVP and NAB rising star and miss the brownlow by 1 vote, finishing 2nd to Collingwood's Leigh Brown.

Not that our recruiters are putting big wraps on him, publicly they are just hoping he 'makes an AFL player'. But I did overhear Donald McDonald saying that he hopes he will still be around to put him up for trade discussions at next years trade week.

Brilliant...:thumbsu:

Easily the post of this thread or as aria writes it fred.

I thought he did but I needed wiki to comfirm.

He is the only player in the history of the VFL/AFL to average a Brownlow vote a game

119 games for 129 votes.
Which as a percentage is 108.4 percent or 1.08 votes per game, just out of curiousity whats the next highest, because if the next is a long way back we might have another Bradman like statistic on our hands?!

Robert Harvey is on.56 votes per game.
B Skilton .76
M Voss .52
C Judd .71

why are we talking about this, talk about putting pressure on the kid. he is no jesse smith.

Hence aria's expectation that he may actually get on the field, therefore enhancing his chances of picking up some Brownlow votes.

Oh, and you may want to check your sarcasm meter. Seems faulty.

Remove this Banner Ad

has anyone ever won a brownlow in their first year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back