Player Watch #?: Luke Parker to North - has requested a trade to NM

Remove this Banner Ad

Came back from work, Pick 24 for Luke Parker oh no no no, Pick 44 (if needed Dyl Stephens) for Luke Parker ? Sounds about right 😁

It doesn't really matter to me what the deal ends up being, you're getting a fantastic player and leader. Has always been one of my favourites at the Swans and I'm pretty disappointed that he'll play his 300th in different colours.

I still vividly remember a game when he was still relatively new in the team where he pulled them all in at half time before they went off the field and gave a big rallying speech. And he plays the way he talks - just makes other players want to follow his example.

It doesn't really matter to me what the deal ends up being, you're getting a fantastic player and leader. Has always been one of my favourites at the Swans and I'm pretty disappointed that he'll play his 300th in different colours.

I still vividly remember a game when he was still relatively new in the team where he pulled them all in at half time before they went off the field and gave a big rallying speech. And he plays the way he talks - just makes other players want to follow his example.
Do you think your club is being unreasonable? Requesting a 2nd round pick? Seems laughable.

Do you think your club is being unreasonable? Requesting a 2nd round pick? Seems laughable.
General consensus is that North offered their 4th, Swans requested a 2nd, they'll settle on a 3rd. It's all a bit of a charade when I assume the deal was done before trade week even opened.

General consensus is that North offered their 4th, Swans requested a 2nd, they'll settle on a 3rd. It's all a bit of a charade when I assume the deal was done before trade week even opened.
Yup. Trade week calls for drawn out theatre. We went under, you went over, deal will get done around the mark where it always should have.

They were playing him, though, once he wasn’t injured or suspended. And he played well. Up to and including a Grand Final.
Had a great second half of the season and played well in the GF along with kicking 3 goals. Added that he's contracted, I don't think anyone in their right mind would accept just pick 64. I'm sure the deal will be done given the intentions, but you couldn't honestly expect Sydney to buy that given those circumstances.

Had a great second half of the season and played well in the GF along with kicking 3 goals. Added that he's contracted, I don't think anyone in their right mind would accept just pick 64. I'm sure the deal will be done given the intentions, but you couldn't honestly expect Sydney to buy that given those circumstances.

Do you think they're going to extend him for three years though?

It's less about getting true value and more about doing the right thing by a club champion. Whether or not Luke Parker is on their list or ours next year will have absolutely no bearing on their fortunes. I suspect we just need to find them a few extra points next year (ie - a swap of F3s) and it gets done. No need to waste pick 44, we should be using that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #?: Luke Parker to North - has requested a trade to NM

Remove this Banner Ad

Back