Society/Culture Has cancel culture gone too far?

Remove this Banner Ad

Contrast this to what happens when these teams try to hold LGBTQIA inclusive events.
Slow news week,

Sensible people don't protest christian boot licking events coz they don't need to, christian boot licking events are their own bad pr.

Name 1 person that's been cancelled.
Martin Luther King
Harvey Milk
Etc

We currently have book burning gatherings in the US when evangelical Christians burn books that offend them.

Conservatives and religious folk have been 'cancelling' people and ideas for centuries. Those same people today complaining about cancel culture represent one of the most incredible amalgams of hypocrisy and irony in recent memory.

We need this here like we need a hole in the head.
The Australian Christian Lobby has launched a new initiative encouraging their followers to scour their local libraries for books that they think might be suitable for complaints to authorities. Those who are quick to submit suggestions on books to be banned can win prizes.

“Your mission, if you choose to accept it! Is to check the children’s section in your public and school library for any explicit material, photograph the cover and send it to ACL.” the Christian organisation says on its website.

I wonder what the prizes would be?

Someone should report the bible ASAP

“When she carried on her whoring so openly and flaunted her nakedness, I turned in disgust from her, as I had turned in disgust from her sister. Yet she increased her whoring, remembering the days of her youth, when she played the whore in the land of Egypt and lusted after her lovers there, whose members were like those of donkeys, and whose issue was like that of horses. Thus you longed for the lewdness of your youth, when the Egyptians handled your bosom and pressed your young breasts.” (Ezekiel 23:18-21)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just what we need, bunch of skeevy dudes prowling children's section in our libraries.

We really should. If there was an email address, I'd be happy to keep sending them passage after passage.

What's funny is Mad Magazine ran a piece back in the 1980s, about the very issue of book banning. 40 years later and the Christian lobby is still at it.

Damn i want to become a priest now , just so i can recite that passage to a church full of boring conservatives.

Southern Christians tried to cancel the Beatles, i think it boosted sales.

All because of this.....
“Christianity will go,” Lennon said, according to Cleave’s article. “It will vanish and shrink. I needn’t argue about that; I’m right and I will be proved right. We’re more popular than Jesus now; I don’t know which will go first—rock ’n’ roll or Christianity. Jesus was all right but his disciples were thick and ordinary. It’s them twisting it that ruins it for me.” As Cleave noted in the profile, Lennon had been using his time off from Beatles commitments to read about religion.

Southern Christians tried to cancel the Beatles, i think it boosted sales.

All because of this.....
“Christianity will go,” Lennon said, according to Cleave’s article. “It will vanish and shrink. I needn’t argue about that; I’m right and I will be proved right. We’re more popular than Jesus now; I don’t know which will go first—rock ’n’ roll or Christianity. Jesus was all right but his disciples were thick and ordinary. It’s them twisting it that ruins it for me.” As Cleave noted in the profile, Lennon had been using his time off from Beatles commitments to read about religion.

Sadly, it’s rock n roll

The only people that use the term cancel culture are the slack jawed mouth breathers that got played by Murdoch (SKY/FOX/HUN) for redneck hillbilly yokels.

Ole Rupe keeps the great unwashed in a constant state of outrage at those damn lefties and their evil gender agenda and feeds the terrified wingnuts loony conspiracy after loony conspiracy, all the while praying none of those walking knobs with ears ever realize they are paying more tax than him.

and ps: if you target minorities, are racist or sexist, hell I'm gonna throw fascist in as well, then you need to be cancelled, in the old days you'd have been ejected from the tribe and the wolves would have torn you to pieces... sometimes you can't improve on the old ways.

10000000000000000000.png

Last edited:
The only people that use the term cancel culture are the slack jawed mouth breathers that got played by Murdoch (SKY/FOX/HUN) for redneck hillbilly yokels.

Ole Rupe keeps the great unwashed in a constant state of outrage at those damn lefties and their evil gender agenda and feeds the terrified wingnuts loony conspiracy after loony conspiracy, all the while praying none of those walking knobs with ears ever realize they are paying more tax than him.

and ps: if you target minorities, are racist or sexist, hell I'm gonna throw fascist in as well, then you need to be cancelled, in the old days you'd have been ejected from the tribe and the wolves would have torn you to pieces... sometimes you can't improve on the old ways.

View attachment 1774954

Cleese hasn't been funny in decades, he should just accept that, not make excuses.

But let's face it, he's rich, old, male and white, what else is he gonna say?

Here's the basic difference between the left and the right:

Right: Law of the jungle, kill or be killed, it's not cheating, it's an edge, the cream will rise to the top and the rest don't deserve any power, they are merely to be used for the furtherment of the 'real' people. Smacks of Nazism I know but that's pretty much it.

Left: We're all in this together, not everyone is born rich or powerful or can ever have access to those things so they need a helping hand from their brothers and sisters because everyone despite race age sex preference etc is equal, what happens to one of us happens to us all.

Choose your team.

Last edited:
Cleese hasn't been funny in decades, he should just accept that, not make excuses.

But let's face it, he's rich, old, male and white, what else is he gonna say?

Here's the basic difference between the left and the right:

Right: Law of the jungle, kill or be killed, it's not cheating, it's an edge, the cream will rise to the top and the rest don't deserve any power, they are merely to be used for the furtherment of the 'real' people. Smacks of Nazism I know but that's pretty much it.

Left: We're all in this together, not everyone is born rich or powerful or can ever have access to those things so they need a helping hand from their brothers and sisters because everyone despite race age sex preference etc is equal, what happens to one of us happens to us all.

Choose your team.
You seem to be quite the stereotype yourself.

Society/Culture Has cancel culture gone too far?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back