Society/Culture Has cancel culture gone too far?

Remove this Banner Ad

You seem to be quite the stereotype yourself.
Well thank you for the stereotypical response ;)

There's good and bad on both sides but deep down inside each of us we adhere to one or the other, just be warned if you choose the right you better be one of the lucky ones in life or you're just going to be played and used.

Well thank you for the stereotypical response ;)

There's good and bad on both sides but deep down inside each of us we adhere to one or the other, just be warned if you choose the right you better be one of the lucky ones in life or you're just going to be played and used.

Yes you know what's going on deep inside everyone. Very special.

What "excuses" do you claim that Cleese had made?

Let's just try and remember Python, Faulty and Wanda as fondly as they deserve and pretend he died in the 90's.

I haven't listened to a lot of his talk on this topic , but his main point seems to be that any discussion contrary to the "right" opinion is shut down. Which seems to be pretty much on the money.

I agree that his best days are behind him , and going to one of his shows would be like listening to Grandpa Simpson ramble on.

Thought this guy was pretty funny though.

Its kind of sad that there are people out there actively searching for reasons to be offended.

I haven't listened to a lot of his talk on this topic , but his main point seems to be that any discussion contrary to the "right" opinion is shut down. Which seems to be pretty much on the money.

I agree that his best days are behind him , and going to one of his shows would be like listening to Grandpa Simpson ramble on.

Thought this guy was pretty funny though.

Its kind of sad that there are people out there actively searching for reasons to be offended.

He hasn't been cancelled. Probably just needs to find his niche.

Pretending he's been cancelled has emerged as it's own genre. Lets see how it goes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He hasn't been cancelled. Probably just needs to find his niche.

Pretending he's been cancelled has emerged as it's own genre. Lets see how it goes.

Its been on the agenda.
I like the attitude, "should WE decide to cancel Jimmy Carr"
Yes these people think they have the power and the right( jesus another one the...authorization )? to cancel people.

Seriously "right" has too many different connotations can't we just call the political sides the KANGS and KODOS's

It would be hilarious if it wasn't so tragic but the very people that ensure you have less are the same people making sure you're all riled up at the side that wants improve your lot because they could never live with paying their actual taxes and contributing to society, it's a beautiful scam and they just happen to be the richest most powerful people that control the bulk of media so it's relatively easy to implement but they still need ignorant followers for it to thrive.

I'm going to leave this pic of Biden here to upset the Jethro's but consider this, of all the high profile players in the world from Musk to Trump to Zuckerberg Murdoch Gates Bezos etc

Why is the man below the only one that's actually paid millions of dollars of his own money in tax? Stop being suckers for far right billionaires ffs

0000000000000Bidenpop.jpg

Last edited:
Its been on the agenda.
I like the attitude, "should WE decide to cancel Jimmy Carr"
Yes these people think they have the power and the right( jesus another one the...authorization )? to cancel people.

Seriously "right" has too many different connotations can't we just call the political sides the KANGS and KODOS's

If people don't consume his content, he hasn't been cancelled.

He's just making shit content. He's not popular, or on the wrong platforms.

It would be hilarious if it wasn't so tragic but the very people that ensure you have less are the same people making sure you're all riled up at the side that wants improve your lot because they could never live with paying their actual taxes and contributing to society, it's a beautiful scam and they just happen to be the richest most powerful people that control the bulk of media so it's relatively easy to implement but they still need ignorant followers for it to thrive.

I'm going to leave this pic of Biden here to upset the Jethro's but consider this, of all the high profile players in the world from Musk to Trump to Zuckerberg Murdoch Gates Bezos etc

Why is the man below the only one that's actually paid millions of dollars of his own money in tax? Stop being suckers for far right billionaires ffs

View attachment 1775302

If any of those potentially running for Pres were to apply for any job in the company i work for, they'd probably be immediately rejected due to old age.
You are NOT on top of your game in your 70s.
Something seriously flawed with their political system.

Thought Obama was ok by the way.

If any of those potentially running for Pres were to apply for any job in the company i work for, they'd probably be immediately rejected due to old age.
You are NOT on top of your game in your 70s.
Something seriously flawed with their political system.

Thought Obama was ok by the way.
Even Obama has to play the system, he broke a lot of hearts sipping that ****ing glass of water.

View attachment 1775302
You're conflated the economic right wing with liberal values - something that the left wing of the political spectrum had the monopoly on. Billionaires and big corporations basically only care about one thing - their bottom lines. And if censorship helps it, then corporate rainbow-washing and cancelling problematic performers/artists is what you get from them.

The real shame is when more grass-roots organisations do the same, such as comedians and writers getting howled down for not meeting their own in-group's lofty moral standards. That's when you get the "hurr hurr, look at those idiot lefties/conservatives eating their own hueh hueh hueh!" and everyone is worse off.

ps: not just America's problem, we'll run out soon too, add a billion plus jobs lost worldwide to AI and robotics over the next decade and governments are going to have to come up with a better strategy than just letting the billionaires skip town with the money.

You're conflated the economic right wing with liberal values - something that the left wing of the political spectrum had the monopoly on. Billionaires and big corporations basically only care about one thing - their bottom lines. And if censorship helps it, then corporate rainbow-washing and cancelling problematic performers/artists is what you get from them.

The real shame is when more grass-roots organisations do the same, such as comedians and writers getting howled down for not meeting their own in-group's lofty moral standards. That's when you get the "hurr hurr, look at those idiot lefties/conservatives eating their own hueh hueh hueh!" and everyone is worse off.
Society decides, and if the majority decide it's hate based then it's quacking like a ****ing duck. The whole conversation sounds like hey let me bully if I want, stop taking away my freedom to bully people less powerful than me.

Society decides, and if the majority decide it's hate based then it's quacking like a ******* duck. The whole conversation sounds like hey let me bully if I want, stop taking away my freedom to bully people less powerful than me.
The majority of society? Yeah, that's not who is deciding 99% of these things.

Society/Culture Has cancel culture gone too far?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back