Coach Has Ken Hinkley Been Found Out?

Remove this Banner Ad

How is this all Ken's fault?

Serious question.

Boak kicks that goal and this thread doesn't get bumped.

Not that it is Boak's fault, I'm just pointing out that the coach can only do so much.
We've gone from a top 2 team and odds on favourites for a Grand Final spot literally four games of football ago to this. Talent doesn't just evaporate overnight like that. The team is mentally shot and bereft of confidence. It's the coach's job to get the team in the right mental space, and Hinkley couldn't be failing at that any more spectacularly.

We've gone from a top 2 team and odds on favourites for a Grand Final spot literally four games of football ago to this. Talent doesn't just evaporate overnight like that. The team is mentally shot and bereft of confidence. It's the coach's job to get the team in the right mental space, and Hinkley couldn't be failing at that any more spectacularly.

Hawthorn kicked something ridiculous like 12 goals straight, their accuracy is what won them the match.

It happens. Not Ken's fault.

Adelaide won with a kick after the siren from a dubious free.

Not Ken's fault.

A 0-3 start is obviously not a good thing but there's no need to go searching for escape goats right now.

I actually think Port’s best shot at a flag was in 2014.

That team had so many guns coming into their prime. Peak Gray, Wingard, Boak.

Hinkley is a footy purist and has had them playing (generally) good footy for a decade, but his sides have lacked killer instinct and haven’t looked threatening in crunch finals.

Don’t think it’s just on him by any means, but it’s probably time for a change. The Pair have a decent list, can clearly identify talent via the draft and through targeted trades they just need some new ideas. Still way too flaky.

0-3

That's the season gone for Port on the first day of April
0-4 now that will be a talking point. As much as I hate Melbourne it would be funny to see them smash Port Adelaide in a prime time Thursday night AO coming up. Would tune in for Fireman Kane thats for sure. :cool::)

Ken watched his side give up their lead and while Nicks was working the phones he was tapping his pen. Then with the game on the boot of Dawson has the audacity to be smiling before the kick? Shit optics.

What a gift he is to every other club in the league other than his own.

Did you notice he put a headset on with like 5 minutes to go - it was his “oh **** I’ve left cruise control on” moment. He’s a disgrace

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes. Ken is actually a very stable genius coach and it's the entire list (which by the way has been basically completely turned over in his DECADE as coach) which is at fault.
I certainly don’t look at the list being any better then the sides who have made the Grand Finals. Probably a preliminary final type list.
Doesn’t mean Ken is the man for the job though and last week was a disaster

Hawthorn kicked something ridiculous like 12 goals straight, their accuracy is what won them the match.

Not Ken's fault.

A 0-3 start is obviously not a good thing but there's no need to go searching for escape goats right now.

Huh? The query would be why did it come down to a questionable free kick, when Port are in a much further advanced spot on the "premiership clock" than Adelaide.

A possible answer is that Port have passed around on that clock and the writing is on the wall they need to start again.

I'm not sure you can the first 3.97 quarters of footy and just blame the umps lkl

I dont think Kenny was to blame for last nights performance. They have also overachieved the list is not that good at all.
Ken has had 10 years to build a side. If we don't have good players, guess who picks them? Ken loves flakey flankers. We always seem to have an over abundance of them in our squad.

They also have garbage players. You shouldn't forget that.
Yeah their fans seem to take it all out on Hinkley as if the list has all this untapped talent that he can’t harness. The list is decent but not outstanding. They coughed up two home preliminary finals so may have missed the boat.

Last edited:

Not Ken's fault.

Makes sense if he was a 2-3 year coach but he’s had 10 years! So many excuses over that time

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Has Ken Hinkley Been Found Out?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back