Coach Has Ken Hinkley Been Found Out?

Remove this Banner Ad

The Protection Racket from certain sections of the media is just wild, yet completely transparent.

The 3 biggest cheerleaders and apologists:
Kane Cornes - Hinkley gifted him 300 games, brother's employment relies on Hinkley remaining
Caro - Koch promised her complete access since 2013, direct line to Ken, gets fed info from the club
Whately - The Big nosed Geek busted his first nut underneath the doona looking up at his Handbagger era Ken Poster. Is just a fanboi who also has Ken on his silly little show.

It is wild these people think it is such an afront to sack a bloke who hasn't made a Grand Final in 12 years.
Adelaide has had 5 coaches since Hinkley started, Essendon 6, Carlton 5, Gold Coast 4, yet somehow this perrenial loser is unsackable and the Port supporters are just ungrateful, unruly recalitrants. As I said, it's ****ing wild!
Ken was dogshit in every grand final he played in for Geelong so the geek fandom doesn’t even make sense from that perspective. The protectionism is utterly bizarre.

The Protection Racket from certain sections of the media is just wild, yet completely transparent.

The 3 biggest cheerleaders and apologists:
Kane Cornes - Hinkley gifted him 300 games, brother's employment relies on Hinkley remaining
Caro - Koch promised her complete access since 2013, direct line to Ken, gets fed info from the club
Whately - The Big nosed Geek busted his first nut underneath the doona looking up at his Handbagger era Ken Poster. Is just a fanboi who also has Ken on his silly little show.

It is wild these people think it is such an afront to sack a bloke who hasn't made a Grand Final in 12 years.
Adelaide has had 5 coaches since Hinkley started, Essendon 6, Carlton 5, Gold Coast 4, yet somehow this perrenial loser is unsackable and the Port supporters are just ungrateful, unruly recalitrants. As I said, it's ****ing wild!

Yes because those clubs (aside from one good Crows year) have been trash.

Tredreas spin about the radio stuff was shocking, whilst he wasn’t wrong on his Ken call last year, there’s no way I’d want this guy on my football club board. He’s not a team player

If the "team" is a bunch of self serving cucks in a protection racket who don't actually GAF about achieving anything as long as they keep their jobs.. why would you want to be a part of it?

Tredreas spin about the radio stuff was shocking, whilst he wasn’t wrong on his Ken call last year, there’s no way I’d want this guy on my football club board. He’s not a team player
Good. The 'team' are a bunch of corrupt suits hellbent on covering their own arses and lowering expectations rather than the ruthless pursuit of success. Tredrea not being a part of that 'team' is exactly why we voted for him.

images

the title of this tread is legendary :tearsofjoy:
Choke a cola.

Yes because those clubs (aside from one good Crows year) have been trash.
what hes saying when you look deep enough is all those clubs appointments,changes were AFL manufactured,endorsed and influenced by the corporation,fact.

Uhmm 'Houston we have a problem' comes to mind in regards to the corporation is what hes relaying :think:

The AFL has been dictating who n for how long coaches their footy team,PA,for far too long and thats beyond wrong,thats dictatorship
and we all know what happens when theres a dictator in our midst dont we ? 2020-2021 ..Sh**show anyone ?

The argument of “it’s not the coach, it’s the list” only works with coaches who are relatively new to the job.

You’re telling me a coach in his twelfth year hasn’t had any say in how the list is shaped?
This excuse astounds me because Dixon and others specifically came to Port under Hinkley's direction. Coaches admit they direct list managers and scouts to go after specific players.

Mediocre list with a soft draw. He has enough quality on the list to beat the garbage sides, but won't threaten the contenders.
Just like us in the 2010s and Port under Hinkley. They'll crap their dacks and fall short when it really matters.
He's taking them on a merry dance to nowhere, I've seen the movie before.
Lol Brad Scott will likely become 2nd in the no grand finals coached record, just behind Hinkley, this year. Funny how that record by that Fitzroy coach is being broken twice in the same season.

Not saying he hasn't.

But I'm yet to see that discussion from Port fans.

In fact most of the commentary from them seems to be around a firm belief they will bounce straight into the top 4 with a new coach.

Which alludes to the fact they are ignoring some of the key issues.
The only thing I think they have to worry about if Hinkley is ever sacked, who they replace him with. It's clear the board they have don't care and don't research, so they'd just hire another dud.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As a North supporter, this quote from Hinkley gave me Brad Scott PTSD and empathy for Port supporters: “We’re good but we’re not good enough against the best teams in the competition – we’re not going to hide from that”.

WTF? You've been there 12 years and that's where you're at? (Scott parallel is that he approached the Board in his 10th year and said we need to re-build).

As a North supporter, this quote from Hinkley gave me Brad Scott PTSD and empathy for Port supporters: “We’re good but we’re not good enough against the best teams in the competition – we’re not going to hide from that”.

WTF? You've been there 12 years and that's where you're at? (Scott parallel is that he approached the Board in his 10th year and said we need to re-build).
Ask north melbourne fans on their opinion of bad Scotts time at North melbourne coach, there will be mixed views.

From an outside view....

I think Brad Scott was a solid coach at North melbourne when he coached them from 2010 until mid 2019. I could understand why they Kept him for so long. North Melbourne couldnt afford to bottom out in that period. Saying that, despite Norths finances or lack of it, North were a competitive mid table side.

This image of Cuddly Ken portrayed in the media is the biggest load of shite.

Straight from horses mouth of an ex assistant: "Complete campaigner. Always puts down and belittles everyone. Staff, Assistants, Players. Anybody whoever stood up to him or challenged him got put in a cannon and was blasted out".

Look at some of the quality assistants we once had, and look what we have now. Outside of Carr nobody would get a gig elsewhere. Yet guys like Montgomery and Schofield only lasted a year or 2.

He's not very bright, but he's rat cunning. The loyalty stuff peddled is bullshit also. His bags were packed for Gold Coast in 2017 until Koch inexplicably got on his knees and begged him to stay no doubt for extra coin. He is a grifter, a used car salesman, will throw anybody under the bus to save his own arse, a perrenial loser. GTF out of my club.

The Hinkley cult in the media is so weird.
Ask gold coast suns supporter if they would take on what Hinkley delivered for port so far or their current situation.

For a club like power that it could mean the difference between folding and staying in the AFL.

To power fans when times are tough just remember the tarp/2012 days

Ask gold coast suns supporter if they would take on what Hinkley delivered for port so far or their current situation.

For a club like power that it could mean the difference between folding and staying in the AFL.

Dummy Feeling Dumb GIF

Ask north melbourne fans on their opinion of bad Scotts time at North melbourne coach, there will be mixed views.

From an outside view....

I think Brad Scott was a solid coach at North melbourne when he coached them from 2010 until mid 2019. I could understand why they Kept him for so long. North Melbourne couldnt afford to bottom out in that period. Saying that, despite Norths finances or lack of it, North were a competitive mid table side.

Good summary, and you're right about the mixed views. A few of us have taken to saying Brad was a good coach "until he wasn't". I would say the "wasn't" started around 2017-18, especially with list management. But many more North supporters were off him well before that. And he was very poor in 2019 (you might recall round 1 ...)

This excuse astounds me because Dixon and others specifically came to Port under Hinkley's direction. Coaches admit they direct list managers and scouts to go after specific players.

He added Paddy Ryder and Charlie Dixon to a team that lost the 2014 prelim by 3 points, and people still run with the argument that he hasn’t had the cattle.

I remember those days with fondness compared to the never-ending torture of being the ken Hinkley football club

Good summary, and you're right about the mixed views. A few of us have taken to saying Brad was a good coach "until he wasn't". I would say the "wasn't" started around 2017-18, especially with list management. But many more North supporters were off him well before that. And he was very poor in 2019 (you might recall round 1 ...)
I always found him exasperating. When he started we'd get demolished by good sides. Then a couple of years in we'd either beat those sides and lose to shit ones (2014 we'd do shit like lose to Brisbane and Carlton but beat Sydney at the SCG by 7 goals) or bottle countless games from a winning position (2013). I just never felt like we were a true chance of winning the flag, which I guess is why I empathise with Port here. It's exhausting being not good enough year after year and nothing changes.

From an outside view....

He was a solid coach until 2016. Then he made the daft decision to get rid of all our experience, with the stupid excuse that he needed to because otherwise he would keep playing them and we would never get to find out about the other guys on the list. Turned out they were bog average and we didn't have the next Boomer/Firrito/Petrie mouldering away in the magoos.
Even so, might have been okay if we had done a proper rebuild, but the next thing you know we're selling the farm for the likes of ****en Polec. To then say half way through 2019, "oops, might have to start the rebuild again", well no wonder he got the arse.

For those who are so impressed by his H&A winning % (which is just a pointless metric to measure his so called success), how can you justify these terrible stats.

This is why we want him gone. He cannot win against the better teams. Meaning he cannot implement a game plan that can win finals.

A winning percentage during the H&A season means absolutely nothing when the whole point is to win the premiership.

He’s shown he cannot implement a game plan across 12 years that is capable of achieving this. So why would we want to continue to not reach the ultimate goal of any football club?

You don’t play to win 60% of games…

Interestingly here, we’ve had a majority of our finals at home. Still can’t win. Prelims at home, still can’t win. Adelaide have been hot trash for the past 7 years, still can’t win. We’ve been top 4, still can’t win. We’ve been top 8, still can’t even win regularly.

Stats show his winning percentage is heavily based on beating the bottom 10 teams and bottom 4. Does anyone want a coach that can only achieve beating the bottom 10 teams? No.

So stop sprouting his winning % because it is actually a trash statistic and does not indicate he is a good coach. It indicates the opposite actually when compared to the full range of data.

IMG_0511.jpeg

North were finals contenders from 2010-16.

9th in 2010

9th in 2011

8th in 2012. Smashed by 90 odd points in an elim final vs west coast in Perth.

10th in 2013.

6th spot in 2014 but won 2 finals vs essendon and cats.

8th in 2015, but won 2 finals vs richmond and Sydney.

8th in 2016 but belted by the crows in Adelaide.

15th in 2017.

9th in 2018. Mind you that was a weird ladder. North finished 9th with 12 wins and 10 losses. Port, Essendon and crows all had 12 wins and 10 losses too.

12th in 2019 ended up with 10 wins and 12 losses. Brad Scott was gone 10 rounds in with a 3 wins and 7 loss record.

Again... 4 finals wins in that period isnt bad.

And yes I remember round 1 of 2019. Jesse Hogan didnt play for freo as he was suspended for getting drunk a few dats before the opening round. Freo won 21.15.141 to Norths 9.5.59. North Melbourne had injuries, especially in the backline that Day. Cam McCarthy (RIP) kicked 5 goals that day too.
He was a solid coach until 2016. Then he made the daft decision to get rid of all our experience, with the stupid excuse that he needed to because otherwise he would keep playing them and we would never get to find out about the other guys on the list. Turned out they were bog average and we didn't have the next Boomer/Firrito/Petrie mouldering away in the magoos.
Even so, might have been okay if we had done a proper rebuild, but the next thing you know we're selling the farm for the likes of ****en Polec. To then say half way through 2019, "oops, might have to start the rebuild again", well no wonder he got the arse.

I do recall North Topping up every year from 2013-16. Getting the likes of Shaun Higgins and Nick Dal Santo.

Again 4 finals wins in a 10 year period spread out isnt bad for some teams. I would like Justin Longmuir to get 3 or 4 finals wins over a 10 or 12 year period. It wont mean a premiership, But I dont mind having a fair share of finals in the squad.

North did have an average list of players. Yet the Ironic thing was North Melbourne won 4 finals with the help of some of those average but hard working players.

Norths 2010-19 Era under Brad Scott sort of reminds me of Ports side under the coaching of Ken Hinkley.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Has Ken Hinkley Been Found Out?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back