Has Paddy Ryder improved at all the past 2 years?

Remove this Banner Ad

I am going to be the first to say that i was a ******** around 6 hours ago. It is good to see that Ryder showed brilliant signs that he has what it takes to be an excellent ruckman. Well done Paddy, you certainly deserved the medal.

I blame this thread! I think with some support paddy can step up to the no.1 ruck position this year and be really damaging. The 13 tackles is what really impressed me today.

Correct. As much as hilly is a champion workhorse, maybe this is a blessing for paddy can now play his preferred position. The kid needs to add a few kgs to that frame tho. Has a great leap, but gets beaten by strength.

The heart of this bloke today was incredible, and it's that that I've been craving. Absolutely worked his socks off, and the way he celebrated his goal in the last was lovely to watch.

The Ryder era awaits if he can carry on from that.

He was good-solid as a CHB but we can see that for him to ever push into that elite/champion category, it is as a ruckman. A ruckman who can play all over the ground of course, but with the primary duty of ruck.

And how friggen modest is the boy. Hearing his Interview after the game, it was as if he played a ok sorta game in a 100+ point win. The kid needs to loosen up and say " Shit yeah, I had a great game"

Well I think he definitely found that intensity he has been lacking now if he can reproduce that for the next 20 weeks I think we can safely say he has improved a hell of alot. However let me remind you all of a past ANZAC medallist cough* Jason Laycock cough* sometimes the big games bring out the best in some average players cough* Mark McGough cough*

Well I think he definitely found that intensity he has been lacking now if he can reproduce that for the next 20 weeks I think we can safely say he has improved a hell of alot. However let me remind you all of a past ANZAC medallist cough* Jason Laycock cough* sometimes the big games bring out the best in some average players cough* Mark McGough cough*
Laycock wasnt a ANZAC medallist :p
and McGough just wasnt good enough
I'm quite sure it was raining in 2002 aswell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His second efforts were amazing. It was like we had an extra midfielder around the stoppages.

He can do that but sometimes is prone to just watching. Maybe the extra responsibility triggered that thing in his mind that says I need to compete at every single opportunity.

Hopefully has another good game next week against ruckless Brissie and that sets up his season and confidence.

His second efforts were amazing. It was like we had an extra midfielder around the stoppages.

He can do that but sometimes is prone to just watching. Maybe the extra responsibility triggered that thing in his mind that says I need to compete at every single opportunity.

Hopefully has another good game next week against ruckless Brissie and that sets up his season and confidence.

This was exactly my beef with how he had been playing before yesterday, he would put in half assed chases or throw an arm out and pretend he was trying to tackle and the biggest problem was we all knew that he had it in him to do those things as he proved yesterday!

Personally, I'd put him up for trade at years end, if a club bites and offers a first round pick, I'd take it! ;)

Doesn't have the intensity for AFL football. Might be skilled etc. and probably trains well and looks $1m but as soon as he steps over the line he's as timid as a kitten.

He can't defend, can't ruck, can't take a contested mark, can take the odd spectacular grab... that is all.

Self-pwnage! :eek::thumbsu::D

Think your right :eek: he was runner-up to Lovett maybe sometime around the Hird vs umpires debacle which may well have cost him that ANZAC medal as well as 3 Brownlow votes vs. West coast.

Lovett + Laycock game was 2005.
Hird's accurate analysis of the game was 2004.

Hmm i think the answer to the question is yes.....

Its funny how things happen when people jump the gun. LOL

WHo else can we right off this week. so they kick 6, have 30 disposals and take 10 contested marks???

Wasn't there a negative Dyson thread last week too?

Maybe we should put Lucas in the gun this week.....

I did say earlier in this thread that Paddy can do it all.

All he needed was to improve his mongrel/intensity.

The boy didn't let me down. :thumbsu:

When hille went down i made put my money on paddy to win the anza day medal. that 20 bucks got me another 6 pack to celebrate the night out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Has Paddy Ryder improved at all the past 2 years?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back