Hasleby to retire at the end of the year..

Remove this Banner Ad

Good luck to you Hase, Hope we can come out firing in the next couple of weeks and send you out with a bang! Been an awesome player and an awesome person for the Fremantle football club. What a champ.

We'll miss you Hase - been a long and bumpy road of a career, though(sadly) spent largely in losing teams, and with more time recovering from injuries than anyone with such talent should have to endure. That said, it is a mark of the man that he kept coming back for more even when he was one of too few Freo greats surrounded by bog-ordinary players, and when the coaches hadn't a clue how to develop a winning team culture.

The sight of Hase tearing up when he won the Glenny a few derbies back, and hearing him dedicate the medal to Pav, will always be one of my fondest Freo memories.

Hopefully the boys give him a win or two before the season is done, and (even more importantly) I hope he is able to mentor Barlow, Timmeh and even Rhys as they make their way back from serious injuries.

That sucks, am so sad to see him go absolute champ.

The mark and goal to win the derby is my favourite Hase moment and as mentioned earlier the tears for Pav's 200th showed the passion the man possessed for the club.

One of the best to ever pull on the jumper.

Just let the dam break and enjoy a good blowout for a couple of years Hase, you deserve it mate.

At this point in time I'd rate Hase the 3rd greatest player in the history of our club, after Pav and Bell.

207 games (4th on our all time list) and 131 goals (7th on our all time list). A brilliant career by any standards.

I'll miss the slow pudgy fella with the lightning fast hands and and the even faster footy brain.

At this point in time I'd rate Hase the 3rd greatest player in the history of our club, after Pav and Bell.

207 games (4th on our all time list) and 131 goals (7th on our all time list). A brilliant career by any standards.

I'll miss the slow pudgy fella with the lightning fast hands and and the even faster footy brain.

These things are subjective of course, but I'd rate him a touch higher than Bell. Bell has the legacy of his captaincy which counts for a bit, but I think Hase was the more complete and decorated player despite having to battle some serious injury in his final years.

Still coming to terms with this. I thought he could still add a lot next year.

I would put him on a par with Bell, behind Pavlich on all time list for Freo.

Sad day for Freo fans. "The Haze" has to be one of the true fan favourites in team history. One of the best players to ever wear the purple.

His influence around the club will probably be missed more than his on-field play next year. With that in mind, wouldn't we move quickly to wrap him up in a coaching/mentoring role for next season? I mean, before the Slime get hold of him. Something that has him working with the young mids re decision-making etc, and that also leaves him free to play for the Sharks on the weekends :D

This just sucks. I love Hase, and was really looking forward to him proving all the doubters wrong re that 1 year contract for this year.

Sadly, it looks like his body just aint up to it anymore. That back injury was a curse, yet he still played great footy for us right to the end.

This is the first Freo retirement that has really made me sad. Very sad. All the previous retirements were at the right time (or too late!) but this just seems years too soon. He's only 29 FFS.

Good onya Hase, you'll always be remembered and remembered well.:thumbsu:

This just sucks. I love Hase, and was really looking forward to him proving all the doubters wrong re that 1 year contract for this year.

Sadly, it looks like his body just aint up to it anymore. That back injury was a curse, yet he still played great footy for us right to the end.

This is the first Freo retirement that has really made me sad. Very sad. All the previous retirements were at the right time (or too late!) but this just seems years too soon. He's only 29 FFS.

Good onya Hase, you'll always be remembered and remembered well.:thumbsu:

Except JLo! :(

But I agree - one more year and I reckon we would have all agreed that his time was up. Next year he could've gone onto the vets list...

But this way he goes out on his own terms. He's still best 22, rather than an in and our fringe player as he may become in 2011.

Still, such a sad, sad shame to see him go. Love ya Hase! :heart:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

^^^ I stand corrected. :eek:

JLo's forced retirement was a tragedy. At 29, JLo should still be playing too. Terrible terrible luck.

Couldn't be guaranteed selection :rolleyes:. Such a cop out. The club doesn't want him to play on.:thumbsdown:

With God knows how many delistings/trades to come this year, and a list that's been smashed with injury over the past two seasons, it's bullshit that we couldn't find a spot on the list for one more season. If guys like Des or Hinkley are on our list next year, I will be ****ing ropeable.

As for the turds who will come in and preach some crap about the club moving forward, play the kids, no room for the past etc etc: There WILL be players on our list next season who provide less on and off the field than Hase, and have absolutely no future whatsoever, so please don't give me that BS about making the right decision.

/rant

Paul Hasleby.
That name heads my list of all time favourite Fremantle Fooball Club players.
I was off-line yesterday and only heard the news this morning.
Thanks Haze. It was an absloute privilege to watch you go about it the way you did.
Every person I know that has met Haze, either as a long-time mate or 5 minute aquaintance will tell you the same thing. Top bloke. You don't get a much higher accolade in the aussie lingo as that, and few deserve the tag as much as Haze.
Top Bloke. Top Player.
Thanks again Paul.:thumbsu:

Would love to see him get a guard of honour after our home-final win

Cooky, Kicket, Macca, Paker (<3), Clive, Bell etc.

He has truly been great and although he wasn't one of our innaugrial players - nor has he played the most games - he is a great of FFC and bled purple his whole career

Remove this Banner Ad

Hasleby to retire at the end of the year..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back