Have you every been out on the town and seen an AFL footballer Sh*t Faced?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup! I was at Isobar in hobart (terrible club but it was my mates 21st) and Gavin Wangerneen was there, my mate Josh (port supporter) and I got a photo with him, really nice guy actually, bought us a beer each :)

Was out with a few mates in either 1996 or 1997 in North Melbourne (name of the place escapes me - it was about the fifth pub that night) and a female friend of a mate had tagged along. We bumped in to quite a few Essendon players at this place (fairly sure it's near the Royal Melbourne hospital), including Mark Mercuri. She decided she'd get some of Mark and gave him a fair old smooch on the dance floor. She came back to us after 10-15 minutes of dancing with Mark. I think she was disappointed it didn't go any further.

Went with a few mates to the Hawthorn to watch the 2003 Rugby World Cup final. About half a dozen Hawks were there, mainly to keep to themselves (rugby not their thing). It was early in the night when I saw them and by the time the rugby finished, I was pretty hammered myself so I don't remember if they were up to anything much.

Great stories, got any more where something almost happened?

Warwick Kapper on Fitzroy Street (the night he got in the paper for something that happened at Eve)

Ted Richards and some Essendon lads I forget also on Fitzroy street.

Luke Ball, Dal Santo, Lenny Hayes, Kozzy and probably some other Saints players that I didn't see/recognise at Seven. They were all great blokes bar Kozzy, who was a complete tit stumbling around everywhere off his nut - the guy's a monster!

Andrew Walker and some other Carlton player that was delisted a few years ago (Johnson I think?), Davey, Motlop, Buddy and Lewis at Starbar.

Adrian DeLuca - who is a great bloke, it has to be said - at Pogue Mahones, Witnall was getting a cab outfront.

Murph at Room just after he was drafted.

A few mates were in the city around 2006 and saw Richo having a *** outside a bar blind drunk. A few fans came up to him - he was really nice.....until they asked for an autograph. He blew smoke in their face, gave them the bird, and told them to "**** off".

Top bloke.

A few mates were in the city around 2006 and saw Richo having a *** outside a bar blind drunk. A few fans came up to him - he was really nice.....until they asked for an autograph. He blew smoke in their face, gave them the bird, and told them to "**** off".

Top bloke.

LOL, who wants to sign autographs blind at 2 in the morning.

what kind of tossers want autographs from a footy player who's out trying to get on the piss :confused:

Why don't you all go & name everyone you see out on a weekend pissed or on something else. These guys are just normal blokes trying to have a good time, like we all do. Who are we to judge them & name them for doing that. Next we'll be naming players when we see them out at dinner or at the movies with there partners. All you people really need to get a life.

Why don't you all go & name everyone you see out on a weekend pissed or on something else. These guys are just normal blokes trying to have a good time, like we all do. Who are we to judge them & name them for doing that. Next we'll be naming players when we see them out at dinner or at the movies with there partners. All you people really need to get a life.
- I havent heard anybody judging the players. Most of the stories have been the stuff you hear at sports nights and the likes, drunken antics that are worth a laugh. Enjoyed this thread!

I enjoy this thread to, It's not judging any players... I think Kilbo needs to get a life, knowone is bagging anyone, its all in good spirit. Kilbo-D*ldo

Was out one night after our local footy season had finished, ran into Adam Heuskes and Stefan Carey. Got talking to them both, after a few drinks i asked them if they had training tomorrow. Heuskes tell me he is going to announce he is retiring tomorrow. SCOOP

Was on footy trip in Adelaide many years ago and the St Kilda boys were there as well. They were fantastic, our big ruckman was having a great conversation with Everitt, had us all in stitches telling him how pathetic it was the that we were from afl backwater Brisbane and we were on footy trip in Adelaide and that they play in the AFL and could only get to adelaide on footy trip.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Allot of players will be out tonight thats for sure!

Going out with your team on Mad Monday would be an awesome night... Should be a competition! hahaha

Hahah, trying to suss it out for tomorrow actually.

FWIW, The Rising Sun in Swan st always has a team there. The London Tavern on Lennox st occasionally. The Waterside (Riewoldt and Brown's pub) is a regular haunt, but is usually a private affair. Otherwise, the Bee Hive out in the Eastern suburbs also.

I used to see Jeff Fenech at Studebakers in Sydney every Tuesday (Ladies Night) a fair few years ago now. Plus a few other League players. They were just drinking, doing nothing too scandalous happened, except for a couple of all-in-brawls (the League players).

the whole richmond team were at cushion last night, including plough and the rest of the coaching staff. a lot of essendon boys too. ramma, mcveigh, welsh, lloyd. Colin syliva was there as well.
all pretty smashed but having a good time. browny bought me a beer which was nice.:thumbsu:

Tony Modra is probably the greatest bloke ever to have played the game. :D Spent some time in Adelaide in the 90's, and still ocassonally go there. The stories are endless, one of the best was when he nailed N.V with David Pittman and Crows entourage hiding in the closet. Plays for Encounter Bay now I think and loves a beer enjoys a chat with us little people...gun.

September 2005 i saw Brown at the GPO night club here in brisbane. he was wasted...couldnt get the ciggy in his mouth...was classic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back