Analysis Hawks 2022 Hypothetical trades (read the pinned post)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, the "No Kane Cornes" Rule is back

Last edited by a moderator:
Ginnivan seems far fetched but if it were to go ahead it may look something like this;
Ginnivan+ 4th Rd İN
Mitchell+ future 2nd?? OUT

Really disappointing if jack Gunston is looking to move. I see no positive for us.

Gunston would be a huge loss, but I'd be delighted if we picked up Ginnivan.

DeGoey is a great player but you'd think there'd be question marks over his off-field behaviour and the risk of that influencing a young team. It's the sort of risk we'd have taken during the 3peat era, with lots of older players with strong leadership and culture - but I am not convinced we'd do it now.

Ginnivan seems far fetched but if it were to go ahead it may look something like this;
Ginnivan+ 4th Rd İN
Mitchell+ future 2nd?? OUT

Really disappointing if jack Gunston is looking to move. I see no positive for us.
Just to confirm: Ginnivan is worth Tom Mitchell + Pick 30-32?

If realistic in Mitchell discussions, Ginnivan would be a great get and fills a list need: small forward, kicks goals, plays with flair and is young. Can’t see why Collingwood would trade him though

Something about the Ginnevan rumour just seems like smoke and mirrors for something else.

Wonder if the Grundy deal is linked, just think he is the single piece that will mean they can’t afford degoey, and after this finals series they know who they must keep now.

They will do anything for someone to take Grundy and they are just realising nobody wants him at any price.

Something about the Ginnevan rumour just seems like smoke and mirrors for something else.

Wonder if the Grundy deal is linked, just think he is the single piece that will mean they can’t afford degoey, and after this finals series they know who they must keep now.

They will do anything for someone to take Grundy and they are just realising nobody wants him at any price.

Is he still a rookie? Maybe angling for a decent contract.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So if you post anything negative about the possibility of getting Ginnivan it gets deleted.

Interesting.
No, if you post gifs of babies vomiting while I’m eating my dinner it gets deleted.

Seriously though, if there is a way of posting your distaste of a player without capturing the moment someone vomits all over themselves, it would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
If Gunston is leaving for Brisbane it’s a massive loss but I think it would leave the door open to do a mutually beneficial trade (assuming Brisbane lose McStay)..

Given they need points for Ashcroft & Fletcher and they won’t want to dilute McStay compo by taking Gunston as a FA I think we can negotiate something like..

Hawks get: Brisbane 1st rounder (~pick 15 - 1,112 points)
Brisbane get: Gunston, pick 24 & 50 - 1,058 points)

There’s likely going to be other movements which would hopefully allow us to bundle up later picks to meet a similar points value..

If Gunston is leaving for Brisbane it’s a massive loss but I think it would leave the door open to do a mutually beneficial trade (assuming Brisbane lose McStay)..

Given they need points for Ashcroft & Fletcher and they won’t want to dilute McStay compo by taking Gunston as a FA I think we can negotiate something like..

Hawks get: Brisbane 1st rounder (~pick 15 - 1,112 points)
Brisbane get: Gunston, pick 24 & 50 - 1,058 points)

There’s likely going to be other movements which would hopefully allow us to bundle up later picks to meet a similar points value..
It would really sux if Jack decides to go but it would be a nice parting gift if Jack netted us that deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back