Analysis Hawks 2022 Hypothetical trades (read the pinned post)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, the "No Kane Cornes" Rule is back

Last edited by a moderator:
What’s with the lamenting about (possibly) missing out on players who want a trade?

I’d much rather free hits like Amon.

We miss out on players seeking a trade but keep our draft picks so it’s not a disaster.

We can do both, we should be doing both.

Players like Bruhn, Flanders and Henry are in the perfect age bracket for us. They are (currently) undervalued highly rated youngsters that have yet to cement their spot in their respective sides.

These guy are all highly rated first rounders that have shown something at AFL level. In Bruhn and Flanders' case they haven't had a chance to play in their preferred positions at AFL level regularly (or at all in Flanders' case). They have all had a few years worth of pre-season too so should be able to come in and contribute straight away.

We won't have to burn a first rounder to bring them in, they will mature and develop with the rest of our young core, they play in roles that we need. Just like Scrimshaw we should be targeting these kinds of players.

I trust Mitchell and co would be able to develop them and think opportunities like this are just too good to refuse. Amon is a quality wingman and will surely come in and hit the ground running, but by the time our young core are entering their primes he will be 31/32.

Jack Ginnivan anyone?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Is this a legit connection? Ginnivan strikes me as the type of player who will get figured out very easily, wouldn't want to pay what Collingwood would ask.

Flanders putting on a clinic in the VFL prelim, Ned Moyle looks really awesome too- such a shame we couldn’t grab him in the MSD
From the bits I saw looks like a potential Mitchell replacement - first possession winner, can find the ball, quick decision maker. Just took short options but generally hit targets by foot. His Game obviously needs improvement (as otherwise wouldn’t be playing vfl) but reckon we could teach him a few tricks.

With Mitchell & Gunston now looking very likely to depart to Collingwood & Brisbane respectively.

Gunston having met with Brisbane very recently - Fages a big influence here - 2 possibly 3 year deal mooted.

That makes it at least 8 list changes required, Amon a confirmed arrival.

McEvoy
Howe
Shiels
Callow
Downie
Phillips
Hartigan
Gunston
Mitchell

There is no way we will be taking 8 18 year olds in the upcoming National draft to fill the list.

We could only reasonably assume we have at least 2-3 mature targets confirmed before filling the rest of the list with 18 year olds.

This shapes up as our most important off season in a long time.

1 spot you would think would go to a mature aged ruck.

With Mitchell & Gunston now looking very likely to depart to Collingwood & Brisbane respectively.

Gunston having met with Brisbane very recently - Fages a big influence here - 2 possibly 3 year deal mooted.

McEvoy
Howe
Shiels
Callow
Downie
Phillips
Hartigan
Gunston
Mitchell

There is no way we will be taking 8 18 year olds in the upcoming National draft to fill the list.

We could only reasonably assume we have at least 2-3 mature targets confirmed before filling the rest of the list with 18 year olds.

Hawks want/need Gunston to stay - Jack knows this. We aren’t giving up that easily.
We‘ve offered 2 years…..maybe we need to go 3 to get it over the line.
Would be extremely disappointing if he goes.

Ramsden has that rare athleticism for a ruckman. It will be interesting to watch/compare him with Edwards and Moyle over the years. I think Ramsden is a better match with Lynch and Reeves
Will be interesting to see what happens with Edwards because he simply doesn't look up to the level.

McEvoy
Howe
Shiels
Callow
Downie
Phillips
Hartigan
Gunston
Mitchell

You'd think we'd elevate Newcombe, Bramble and Blanck. Callow was on the rookie list. So I wouldn't be surprised if we add Amon and maybe one more then hit the draft.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Is this a legit connection? Ginnivan strikes me as the type of player who will get figured out very easily, wouldn't want to pay what Collingwood would ask.
Kicked 39 goals in 22 games this year and he still is a bit of turning 20.

I agree pies will be asking for a lot unless there is other issues behind the scenes? And pies are wanting him gone for that reason.

In which case I’d be avoiding

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might mean the end of Brockman
Take That Back Jason Sudeikis GIF by Saturday Night Live

I think that's pretty bad for us.
That's giving up 3x assets for 1; two of which (Tom Mitchell + Pick 6) are bloody good.

IMO, we can't sell the farm for 1x high Pick. Having only 2 + 38 would be pretty bad.
Points wise it puts Mitchell at about pick 39, which I agree is slight unders (his value is closer to 30, but i'm not expecting a great deal). But it would depend on whether pick 2 is seen, as some are suggesting, as being quite significantly more valuable than pick 6 in this years draft. More than anything our list needs top end midfield talent. If we are losing players and assets, that should be the focus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back