Autopsy Hawks defeat the Holy Floppity - Rd 21, 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow Eddie McGuire hates Hawthorn. He was loving complaining about our supports, barracking for Geelong, getting up everytime Hawkins went near it. Hey Eddie, EAD mate

Made a handful of Clarko Coffee jokes too, absolute broken record.

But nothing that has an effect on a game of football though???

I think its a bit petty to try and denigrate the achievements of their three gun midfielders. All three are all time and will be deserved HOF inductees.

For anyone to say they don't understand where the hype over the Cats midfield is coming from, it comes across as disingenuous

Last edited:

They missed finals that year but the games weren't close.

It was actually 2006.
First time was down at their shithole stadium in Sleepy Hollow. They were unbackable favourites that day, and we came out and tore them a new one.
Second time was the final H&A game for the year at Shitihad. We once again handed them their arses on a platter, courtesy of one M Williams kicking 8 goals.

Wow Eddie McGuire hates Hawthorn. He was loving complaining about our supports, barracking for Geelong, getting up everytime Hawkins went near it. Hey Eddie, EAD mate

You've gotta take Ed with a grain of salt. He dearly loves good football and I really think his excitement is genuine (his biggest roar was for the Smith goal in 2nd)... But he always has an agenda.

Right now, getting Tom Lynch is #1 priority for the Pies (as it should be for us and Richmond imo), so if he can drive the narrative away from excitement over Hawthorn list, it benefits his team the most. Excitement over Geelong doesn't bother him, they aren't a competitor for the big fish.

I like Eddie, I respect what he has done for Collingwood and I think when he isn't compromised, he is a good commentator. But at this point of the season, he is compromised and he should not be commentating any games at this time of year.

That said, Im not losing any sleep over it, plenty more worse than Ed.

can anyone get a hold of the on ground interview with worpel after the game.
He was asked about growing up a cats supporter and all 11 in the family were mad cats and his response was pretty much
'they're all hawks now' . their was definitely a little bit of '**** you' salt in dem words
Would love to see that again if anyone has it :thumbsu:

Must say I hate Porkins but watching him today hit the pack hard either marking or bringing the ball to ground got me thinking imagine if we had someone built like a brick shithouse doing that for us Breust, Poppy and even Gunners would be licking throat lips crumbing the packs

Roughead missing today's game might be a blessing in disguise given he needed a rest having not missed a game in two years since coming back. It could give him the chance to freshen up and perhaps finish off the last two games strongly going into the finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah I'm away for the weekend chilling in front of a fire with a Bailey's
Abasi was the wordsmith that came up with flopity

Baileys? Are you doing macrame with a rug over your lap?

Hilarious, a few key takeaways:
-Chris Scott gawwwnnnn
-Most Frustrating season since 2006
-Cam Guthrie, Fogarty gawwwnnn
-Match Committee
-Not fulfilling potential

Epic melts, great reading material.

You forgot about Parsons being soft and unskilled.
Burning memberships if certain players play again
The umpires giving us an armchair ride
Garry being so great and awesome

It’s epic a person could write a 20000 page mills and boon novel from it all

Must say I hate Porkins but watching him today hit the pack hard either marking or bringing the ball to ground got me thinking imagine if we had someone built like a brick shithouse doing that for us Breust, Poppy and even Gunners would be licking throat lips crumbing the packs
Fair enough, but that's the thing about a salary cap - you can't have it all. That's the lesson Geelong is learning this season ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Hawks defeat the Holy Floppity - Rd 21, 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Back