Rumour Hawks Interested in Mumford???

Remove this Banner Ad

It was a hyperthetical answer mate.
And yes there ARE other ways it could get done. Will it ? I dont know.
One thing i do know though is it would be nice to have a 10 yr Ruckman on the list. One that isnt recycled or injured and can grow and develop with the new breed. Imagine the Hawks getting first taps for a change. Longer down to Lewis, Anderson, Cyril, Woodward and Hallahan. Sounds exciting !

Anyway good luck to you mate, whatever happens i love my Hawks !

Ha! I wasn't having a go at you, just thought Buddy wouldn't be part of the equation because he's a free agent, was seeing the value in terms of other players we currently have that are not subjected to free agency. It does sound very exciting though.

If I had called them soft you would have found a quote containing that word. You didn't because I didn't.

Suckling and Young are senior established players who have mature bodies yet physically they are regularly INEFFECTIVE or at an exaggeration USELESS in contested situations. They compete but cannot positively impact a contest regularly because simply they do not have the strength and won't get any better.

Next to useless in a life or death contested situation, is quite bold......but your response is fair, I see the difference now that you've expanded on your original comment.

If you don't agree with my opinion on Hill's mental attitude at present regarding"putting his body on the line", Do you have any opinion on other players from other various clubs that have this kind of mentality. Or do you think it doesn't exist.

And the further point I was making was that having two of these type of players in the same side makes us vulnerable in dogfights. This was based upon the GF last year.

That is very different discussion to the content of your post at #55 in this thread about a second year player whose will to compete you question to the core and go onto label poorly in your own words along with Chris Yarran. If you can't see the difference, you should be asking Assumption for a refund on school fees.

Firstly my Yarran comparison was based solely on his mental application to the contest not his physical development through age, he chooses when to go or not to go in, in Hills case its currently non existent. I expanded through this in later posts and how it can possibly have a detriment affect come finals football.

But this still doesn't explain how you can be content with your post about two players who are willing to compete in a contested situation but are limited due to strength issues, then give a big OK to a player who so far isn't willing to go into a contested situation, put his body on the line, provide adequate defensive measures whilst also not having the strength to compete in a contested situation.

Anyway apologies to other posters for derailing this thread.

Way to go kiss ass, Are you also going to excuse yourself when going to the bathroom.

If you've noticed Hill, he has a big solid arse......I think he's going to have a fairly good physique in 2 years time. He has the foundations.
I hope you're right for our clubs sake that's its as simple as a new set of instructions come finals time. The thought of its as easy as flicking a switch has me concerned. It is a mindset....so he has it in him.

Def agree on the potential body size, but he's gangly in the Clinton Young mould. He'll likely end up like his brother build wise which is probably obvious, but can see him more Smith/Young in body shape than say a Jordan Lewis or even someone like Kris Barlow. Those latter bodies are made to smash and be smashed, but sadly I don't think Hill will ever be in that category.

He's pretty friggin' good at what he does though, and has no peer on our current list given the development he's had.

Based on most posts in this thread, I think I can safely answer the thread question. No, it doesn't seem like Hawthorn is very interested in Mumford at all, possibly due to a strange infatuation with Hill's courage and whether he should be playing finals or not. With Collingwood, North and Swans looming, I don't think we need to wait til September to see Hill's effectiveness come finals. If the rucks appear ineffective over the next few weeks, I'd expect a sudden resurgence in the Mumford situation. Or perhaps Longer, which sounds a much better prospect imo. :D

Will have to take your word on that one, can't say I've been looking.

Ha! Don't be like that, You can look at the male body in a purely sporting athletic development way without getting an erection, sounds to me, you're trying to fight an urge :)

Hill has a solid core (arse quads) for a 2nd year player The more muscle mass stimulated during an exercise the more testosterone thats going to be produced, hardwork in the gym in the preseason a clean diet, he can potentially have a capable AFL upper body, sooner rather than later.

Ha! Don't be like that, You can look at the male body in a purely sporting athletic development way without getting an erection, sounds to me by your post, by not looking you're trying to fight an urge :)

Hill has a solid core (arse quads) for a 2nd year player The more muscle mass stimulated during an exercise the more testosterone thats going to be produced, hardwork in the gym in the preseason a clean diet, he can potentially have a capable AFL upper body, sooner rather than later.

dipper86 - the resident Bigfooty arse expert. thanks for your opinion, it is definitely better informed than I.

dipper86 - the resident Bigfooty arse expert. thanks for your opinion, it is definitely better informed than I.

It's good to have one on the Forum.

We can all refer to him if we have arse problems.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think he is finals material as of yet (hopefully in years to come) but it is unfair to be so critical of him because the defensive side of his game is sub par. He is the youngest player in the side and is only finding his way. His defensive game will improve with more games in him.

To think when I clicked on this thread I'd be reading about Mumford...

That was silly of you! ;)

With Buddy off to Sydney, Mumfords name is again being raised.
Popular opinion is that Hawthorn may match Sydney's offer, meaning they will have to trade with us to secure Franklin.
The trade that keeps getting raised is Mumford and pick 14.

When this first came up, I thought Mummy could be good for us. With there now also some doubt over Baileys ability to go around again, Mumford could be an important acquisition for us.

That said, he wasn't massive in either the R23 game or the final the following week so I am unsure if we need Mumford or not.

With Buddy off to Sydney, Mumfords name is again being raised.
Popular opinion is that Hawthorn may match Sydney's offer, meaning they will have to trade with us to secure Franklin.
The trade that keeps getting raised is Mumford and pick 14.

When this first came up, I thought Mummy could be good for us. With there now also some doubt over Baileys ability to go around again, Mumford could be an important acquisition for us.

That said, he wasn't massive in either the R23 game or the final the following week so I am unsure if we need Mumford or not.

We do need a ruck but you are actually suggesting we assist Sydney in creating cap space. They already want to offload Mumford. We need them to squirm more than that. Pick 14 and 32 is a start but we want them to give up a player they do not want to give up or get a lower draft pick. So let them sell Mumford to GWS for GWS's compo pick 9 and we get 9, 14 and 32 and spend a bit on Longer. OR Pick 14, 32 and a player that is very handy for us Luke Parker is possibly one and one that Syndey would prefer not to lose.

Um actually, while we all thought he 'wasn't massive', he did poll 3 Brownlow votes for the game.

So it seems, even the maggots are trolling us.o_O

Same thing happened in 2003(?), Hawks wiped the floor with Sydney. We beat em at the SCG, Mitchell was an absolute standout, and Spida smashed em as well. Goodes, not a feature from memory, but he did get the 3 votes that, yes, won him the Brownlow.

Mumford can rot on the scrapheap. Let other Sideny players (and potential players) see how you get thrown on the scrapheap. GET LONGER!

Yes, it's allllll about Sideny. If I didnt live here, I'd call in F%^kin nuke strike on the place.

Lets get Longer instead. If Hawks can't match the Buddy offer (Which looks likely if it's a 9 year deal), lets not both giving the Swans anything else. Reading some of the swan supporters on here go on about how they're gonna get Buddy for free and get a first round draft pick from Hawthorn for Mumford is laughable. We won a premiership with our current ruck duo, and we could always get Longer. Don't want to deal with Swans unless it's a favorable deal towards us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back