List Mgmt. Hawk's List Management 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might be closer to the truth to say they didn’t expect Worps and Nash to play as well as they have and thought Stephens might displace one of them at some point. Stephens may have met their expectations but the other two have exceeded theirs and while they play at this level, Stephens is unlikely to force his way into the team. The fact he can’t get a game is both a good and bad outcome I guess. If he was getting a game he’d need to be playing at Newc-level which would have been fantastic. The face that he isn’t is the downside I suppose. But the fact that he can’t get passed the other two shows how well they are going so that’s the upside.
He's had 1 (pre)season learning our system and processes. How long have Nash and Worps had?

He's had 1 (pre)season learning our system and processes. How long have Nash and Worps had?
I think I’m in your side , aren’t I?! I’m saying the trade wasn’t an error, it’s just that the form of Worps and Nash are holding Stephens out which may not have been anticipated when Stephens was brought in!

I shake my head in disbelief at the calls for Kosi to get delisted or traded.

Just shake my head
Yeah I do not get it at all. He's played 46 games for 53 goals and is different to most other key forwards in the sense that he tackles and applies pressure.

He rarely ever gets beaten 1v1, hell he wins 1v2 a lot and he just turned 23.

Moore wasn’t going to make it. Seamus wasn’t going to make it. Kozi was done 2 weeks ago. Things change. Players develop at different rates. Some players actually play better at AFL level than VFL level when given the chance.

Currently hearing it with DGB.

It was the same with Nash. Those that were knocking Nash are now singing his praises.

Currently hearing it with DGB.

It was the same with Nash. Those that were knocking Nash are now singing his praises.
They're probably not.

More than likely they've moved on to the next soft target.

So the ideal scenario is we end up with 3 top 30 picks and McCabe/Haynes. Think we would Cat B rookie Tew Jiath if we can. That 6 already and we are 1 over with Ryan so we would need to lose 7 and if we take Ryan lose 8.
Lynch retired.
Brockman traded.
Morris and Bramble delisted.
Chad either delisted or hopefully placed on base contract and LTI.
That’s 5.
Who are the other 3? Seems like Morrison, Kozi, Maginness have saved their spots so now it’s tough. For mine
Frost traded to north
Long and Fergus delisted
I am in the keep Jeka for one more camp. it was down to Fergus v Jeka and I went with the younger potential but understanding they aren’t competing for the same spot.

So the ideal scenario is we end up with 3 top 30 picks and McCabe/Haynes. Think we would Cat B rookie Tew Jiath if we can. That 6 already and we are 1 over with Ryan so we would need to lose 7 and if we take Ryan lose 8.
Lynch retired.
Brockman traded.
Morris and Bramble delisted.
Chad either delisted or hopefully placed on base contract and LTI.
That’s 5.
Who are the other 3? Seems like Morrison, Kozi, Maginness have saved their spots so now it’s tough. For mine
Frost traded to north
Long and Fergus delisted
I am in the keep Jeka for one more camp. it was down to Fergus v Jeka and I went with the younger potential but understanding they aren’t competing for the same spot.
I think this is spot on. Unless of course someone responds with an even better list, in which case I’ll drop you like a hot potato and throw my weight behind them.

He's had 3 yrs learning system & processes, 3 yrs more than Weddle. If he needs a year to learn how to play then he's slow learner and we play the waiting game with him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's had 3 yrs learning system & processes, 3 yrs more than Weddle. If he needs a year to learn how to play then he's slow learner and we play the waiting game with him.
Geelol's system and process is not Hawthorns. He has to unlearn their way and learn our way.

Comparing Stephens to Weddle is just weird given they don't play the same role.

I think this is spot on. Unless of course someone responds with an even better list, in which case I’ll drop you like a hot potato and throw my weight behind them.
And I will cry, send you repeated DMs each more desperate and emotional than the last, to try and assess where it all went wrong…🥹😍😂🤪

Probably not popular & being a bit harsh but with Kosi I reckon
‘Too little too late’

Kicked 27 goals in first full AFL season less than 48 months ago, then was given the famous number 23. That wasn't very long ago.

He has his deficiencies, but his good attributes are AFL quality.

And I will cry, send you repeated DMs each more desperate and emotional than the last, to try and assess where it all went wrong…🥹😍😂🤪
I regret to advise that due to system issues your message could not be delivered at this time. I wish to further advise that El Hawko has died.

No I don't,

Ned is in front for now, but also feel Meek will continue to develop into a handy AFL ruck. Both need to hold more marks but that should come with more confidence and experience. It is a good position to be in ATM.
Sam thinks he will be the player.

Kicked 27 goals in first full AFL season less than 48 months ago, then was given the famous number 23. That wasn't very long ago.

He has his deficiencies, but his good attributes are AFL quality.
Is that the famous Tim O’Brien 23 ?!

Let’s agree to disagree and see what happens….not Long now

So Meek was drafted as a backup ruck?

I believe it was envisaged that he and Reeves would ruck in tandem, which as we know didn’t work out, so I’m calling it a bust. I believe Ramsden will surpass Meek next year, we’ll just have to wait and see.
Meek was drafted and told that he was going to have to fight for the spot

Again, who would be our backup currently

Lynch, Tucker?

Ramsden can’t ruck a full AFL game

Bust?, we got a second rounder with him for O’Meara who is barely averaging 20 touches and our midfield has thrived

If that’s a bust, SMH

Don't like hearing Long's name among the potential delistings. Feel like he's so unlucky. Has shown a lot of improvement. That's life I guess.

I don't think Kosi will be delisted, but maybe Hawthorn isn't the best environment for him to get the best out of himself. That is to say, he might leave.

Meek was drafted and told that he was going to have to fight for the spot

Again, who would be our backup currently

Lynch, Tucker?

Ramsden can’t ruck a full AFL game

Bust?, we got a second rounder with him for O’Meara who is barely averaging 20 touches and our midfield has thrived

If that’s a bust, SMH
And how much of O’Meara’s wage are we paying? $500k from all reports
Maybe that has come in to the equation of a 2nd round pick swap for a 4th.
O’Meara is in Fred’s best 22, averages over 20 disposals a game playing the majority as a half forward, plus adds experience and leadership to the group.
Meek is currently not getting a game in a bottom side that has no established ruck and I can’t see that changing unless an injury occurs to Reeves. Meek is also averaging less than 10 disposals per game.
We will wait and see if he is offered a new contract when current one is up and if the trade is a bust or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back