List Mgmt. Hawk's List Management 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mind boggling that Freo gave JOM a four year contract TBH. He is already borderline cooked in the first year of that deal (could argue he was cooked in the first year of his Hawks deal as well).

That trade along with the ridiculously over the top price they paid for Jackson showed they really jumped the Shark last trade period.

Did they really give him 4 years? Sheesh! Loved JOM, but would have thought 4 years might be a stretch. He is amazing in a leadership capacity.

They are a little stupid, they gave Fyfe another two years and he is barely coping in games.

Two rucks could become more in vogue again next year, I have heard a rumor that the sub will be gone and it'll be 5 on the pine.
I've heard the same thing, but it would also mean a reduction of interchange rotations.

Interesting.

Did they really give him 4 years? Sheesh! Loved JOM, but would have thought 4 years might be a stretch. He is amazing in a leadership capacity.

They are a little stupid, they gave Fyfe another two years and he is barely coping in games.
Giants wanted him and he was almost a lock there (as was a first rounder to us). 4 years prob needed to convince him to change his mind and go Freo.

Jaeger would have to be the slowest mid in the comp. Absolute detriment to the way Sam wants us to play the game. Stiff as a bricks, no sideways movement, no dexterity or good disposal! Sounds harsh ,but those who can't let go of Jaeger leaving , need to get their heads around the fact that he wasn't much use for us going Frwd.

Jaeger would have to be the slowest mid in the comp. Absolute detriment to the way Sam wants us to play the game. Stiff as a bricks, no sideways movement, no dexterity or good disposal! Sounds harsh ,but those who can't let go of Jaeger leaving , need to get their heads around the fact that he wasn't much use for us going Frwd.
Have to think that when we traded for JOM that Andrew 'Jack' Russell thought he could get his knee/s right. Really hate to see how JOMs career has panned out because he had all the tools to be a top 5 player in the comp which is obviously what we bet on and lost when brining him over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have to think that when we traded for JOM that Andrew 'Jack' Russell thought he could get his knee/s right. Really hate to see how JOMs career has panned out because he had all the tools to be a top 5 player in the comp which is obviously what we bet on and lost when brining him over.
Has to make you think what did they think they could do with JOMs knees that the Hawks conditioning/medical staff wouldn't have already tried over the previous five years?

Players with degenerative issues (JOMS knees, Wingards Calf's) don't get better as they get older they just get worse.

A four year deal really is pretty mad but hey it's Freo we are talking about after all 🤔

A lot of irony in how things have worked out for us from a list management perspective re: JOM

We overpaid for a highly rated but injury troubled player who we were hoping would rediscover his strengths of accumulation, raw power and burst away from congestion.

It didn't really work out, despite some years of solid service.

Then in 2021 we pick up a country kid in the mid season rookie draft who stunningly has the aforementioned skill set we traded in O'Meara for.

A lot of irony in how things have worked out for us from a list management perspective re: JOM

We overpaid for a highly rated but injury troubled player who we were hoping would rediscover his strengths of accumulation, raw power and burst away from congestion.

It didn't really work out, despite some years of solid service.

Then in 2021 we pick up a country kid in the mid season rookie draft who stunningly has the aforementioned skill set we traded in O'Meara for.
Which is why every spot on the list is vital.

We have mined some absolute gold with our later picks, rookie picks and MSD selections.

And on the flip side we have had some pretty spectacular busts with our first round picks and highly touted trades like JOM.

If you genuinely believe we would be better off with O’Meara instead of Meek, you are frankly deluded or just stubborn

Agreed.

I was really happy when we signed JOM, and I hoped he would become our captain. I wish him nothing but the best, but the truth is we are now a better side without him.

Don't like hearing Long's name among the potential delistings. Feel like he's so unlucky. Has shown a lot of improvement. That's life I guess.

I don't think Kosi will be delisted, but maybe Hawthorn isn't the best environment for him to get the best out of himself. That is to say, he might leave.
I cant for the life of me, see any good reason to get rid of Long. If it came to Long or Stephens I’m in the Long camp every day of the week. His work ethic on the track is second to none and as you mentioned he has improved. From the fab four this season, a grand two games have been missed (Day through suspension). By any metric that’s a charmed run. You can’t bank on that every season, so you need back ups that can fill the role without losing too much.
Long is still pretty much an unknown quantity at the level admittedly, but his VFL form has been excellent and he is a REAL brute. For who watch Box Hill know, he’s already bulldozing his way through contests and he’s only 20 years old.

Stephens is contracted but no reason he can't be placed on the rookie list if he's the bottom of the pile and senior lists spot are scarce.

Makes him vulnerable for a Hugh Greenwood to North like poaching, but maybe we'd be comfortable with that.

Stephens is contracted but no reason he can't be placed on the rookie list if he's the bottom of the pile and senior lists spot are scarce.

Makes him vulnerable for a Hugh Greenwood to North like poaching, but maybe we'd be comfortable with that.
Greenwood was out of contract and promised a rookie spot, not the same situation

Ultimately we probably aren’t at the list balancing stage yet seems like 1 more draft then that happens. That aside we need more forward talent asap so hope the stars align that we can tick both boxes. If any of the plays come of to get more early picks then some people here will be disappointed about who we cut to accomodate that talent. Lynch spot already taken by Ryan so 3 minimu must leave which are Morris bramble (delist) and brockman (trade). After that it’s not obvious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back