List Mgmt. Hawk's List Management 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Every team has two rucks who can play in the seniors regardless of whether they are both in that team at the same time or not. Our are Reeves and Meek.

If we didn't get in Meek who would you like to have gotten in as the second ruck?

And seriously what is your beef against Sam and Mark in trading out JOM when it was in his best interest to take a four year deal?
Someone like Briggs would have been ok I reckon.

No beef against Sam, so glad he is back at the club and happy O’Meara has a 4 year contract with Freo.
Just don’t rate the trade.

Is he playing HFF at Freo though?
Well, he kinda is as he was doing the same at Hawthorn last year. Doesn't do enough with the ball and doesn't kick enough goals to be a threat, and I can't remember him been even tagged all this time. honest as day , hard working , high of character etc... No problems there but B grade as a footballer .
PS. Caveat is the God awful car crash of a injury.

He's attended the third most CBA for Fremantle
And averages 15 effective touches between HFF and at CB

Not a good marker for either position

Good to move him on and our salary cap gets lighter next year again - Probably by at least a mil extra to spend for 2024

-500k gone - JOM
  • 300K - Tom
  • at least 200k from wingard

Good trade

Players physically cannot return to field as a playable asset with a torn ACL or a pinged hammy.

Players can (and have done - even as recently as a few weeks ago) returned to the playing field with concussions. Having a concussion sub gives the coaches an out to replace their concussed player rather than risk them running the game out to ensure they aren't at a competitive disadvantage.

There are unfortunately some coaches who will prioritise a win over player safety. We saw it with Kenny this season.
I think you will find that the AFL will have their own independent doctors doing concussion protocols.

They will take it out of club hands to prevent Port scenarios happening again

This is a horrendous statement
  • If we weren’t paying $500k of his salary, he would still be slowing up our midfield and Worpel probably isn’t playing as well as he is
  • The pick allowed us to trade for Weddle
  • We had no other ruckman, it’s poor list management to go into a season without 2 healthy AFL standard ruckman

If you genuinely believe we would be better off with O’Meara instead of Meek, you are frankly deluded or just stubborn

1692285096270.gif

And averages 15 effective touches between HFF and at CB

Not a good marker for either position

Good to move him on and our salary cap gets lighter next year again - Probably by at least a mil extra to spend for 2024

-500k gone - JOM
  • 300K - Tom
  • at least 200k from wingard

Good trade
Be interesting what we do with the extra $. Hoping not a Vickery scenario.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You think he went pick 2 without any?

Plenty of terrible top 5 picks in the history of the draft. Lachie Plowman went at Pick 3, what elite traits does he have?

Looking at the top 20 of that draft is pretty grim, few standouts, lots of nothing careers in there.

You think he went pick 2 without any?
He had some great qualities as an U18 but those hammies killed any explosive qualities he had. Lost penetration in his kick, the ability to spread quickly, I'd even say it affected his confidence on the field.
Dare I say it, Wardlaw needs to get out of North and into a professional club if he wants to have a decent career, O'Rourke was no chance up there after the first few he did.

This is a horrendous statement
  • If we weren’t paying $500k of his salary, he would still be slowing up our midfield and Worpel probably isn’t playing as well as he is
  • The pick allowed us to trade for Weddle
  • We had no other ruckman, it’s poor list management to go into a season without 2 healthy AFL standard ruckman

If you genuinely believe we would be better off with O’Meara instead of Meek, you are frankly deluded or just stubborn
I’ll see how the two go this weekend. Looking forward to Meek v Gawn on the big stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back