List Mgmt. Hawk's List Management 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That doesn't make a lot of sense when you consider Ned is only in what his 2nd year and is still developing, yet, he's had the best year in the VFL out of those guys...

I think most teams would love to have a 2nd year tall mid performing at VFL the way Ned has this year. And when you consider how much he's improved on last year, i'd say he's coming along very nicely.

We still need mid depth, we've been very fortunate this year with very few injuring/games missed to our midfield unit. If that wasn't the case im sure Ned would have seen a decent amount of senior football.
I said I rate him but you tell me where the cuts come from we need minimum 4.

I was gonna post this in the Ned Long thread, but I think it applies to a few players.

We fall in love with draftees and want them all to succeed.
However, when the club is well managed and the recruitment dept actually does a great job, a good many of our talented draftees will not make it with us.

I have posted a number of names previously.
There are likely to be half dozen or so good players squeezed out bc of our high quality of depth in the midfield and at half-back.
This is actually a good thing, as sad as some might find it.

The standard of talent and performance is rising at the club, so we're going to see a few drop out or be traded out in the next couple of seasons, and some of them will do very well, like Kennedy and McGlynn did. So long as we succeed, I don't mind at all. It's a credit to the club tbh.

Have been reading a bit about Tew Jiath coming through and actually starting to move up the draftee board. Is this someone who might be worth a look? Get him in with his brother?

Have been reading a bit about Tew Jiath coming through and actually starting to move up the draftee board. Is this someone who might be worth a look? Get him in with his brother?

We've applied for him to be a part of our NGA (many thought he already was), but still waiting on the AFL to tick it off.

Max Lynch has retired and is coaching the aflw?
if rumours are to be believed, then Tyler Brockman is being targeted by WCE?
Wingard is on the LTI List

theres a small group i think are under the pump, Jeka, Morris and Bramble

we're on the way up, i dont think there will be a lot of changes.

Last edited:
I saw somewhere here we may try to pry Liam Ryan away from WCE if Brockman leaves.
He's not quite as young but his best is as good or better than most small forwards.

I saw somewhere here we may try to pry Liam Ryan away from WCE if Brockman leaves.
He's not quite as young but his best is as good or better than most small forwards.
Main problem with Ryan is that he is inconsistent. His hamstring injury is also a worry. If that was not enough, he probably doesn't want to leave family and friends to live in Melbourne.

We've applied for him to be a part of our NGA (many thought he already was), but still waiting on the AFL to tick it off.
Apparently the list was issued to clubs yesterday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where is he rated in phantom drafts?
Outside 40, probably 50-Rookie. He's been very consistent this year, but hasn't had massive game-breaking performances you'd hope to see from an AFL prospect. Very much in CJs mould though, lightning fast and an excellent leap. I'm also pretty sure he's taller than CJ, and he certainly plays a bit taller. Would really hope he ups his tackling pressure and defensive work though.

Outside 40, probably 50-Rookie. He's been very consistent this year, but hasn't had massive game-breaking performances you'd hope to see from an AFL prospect. Very much in CJs mould though, lightning fast and an excellent leap. I'm also pretty sure he's taller than CJ, and he certainly plays a bit taller. Would really hope he ups his tackling pressure and defensive work though.
Sydney are interested in CJ and his brother. CJ is contracted to the HFC and will NOT be traded. This confirmation from the AFL is overdue and makes the Sydney attempt to get him much more difficult.

Sydney are interested in CJ and his brother. CJ is contracted to the HFC and will NOT be traded. This confirmation from the AFL is overdue and makes the Sydney attempt to get him much more difficult.
nothing difficult

if they want him they can use a pick inside 40 to get him and we can't match

nothing difficult

if they want him they can use a pick inside 40 to get him and we can't match
We lost nothing with Irving Mosquito.

We lost nothing with Trent Stubbs.

If someone rates Tew Jiath higher than we do, I think we'll cope.

Apologies, the rules for NGA have changed and I assumed we could match under pick 40. Otherwise what is the point?
Cam Mackenzie was part of the St Kilda academy. We were able to swoop at 7.

What's the point of academies? Yeah, hard to see. Another item on the long list of the AFL's madness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back