Autopsy Hawks lose to Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Disappointing not to get the win but was a much better performance today, played better then we have in some of our wins.

Hopefully a sign of improvement and we can have a strong second half to the year.

Also great to see a good game from Burton, should keep the doubters quiet for a week. Also think Chip was solid today and it was great to see Jaeger hitting the scoreboard.

For a loss that was a really encouraging game. The Eagles are a better team than us but we never took the foot off the pedal. Impey Shiels Hardwick Sicily all immense. Smith Burton Omeara never stopped trying. I liked Lewis's cameo also. I thought even Mirra contributed. Very positive signs moving forward. Not used to feeling this positive after a loss. Play like that and we will beat Port next weekend.

ps I forgot Ceglar. He seems to straight us out a lot. Massive upgrade on Obrien. He is a constant aerial threat. I think the 2 ruckman is the way forward.

The tough hard reality that we're just not good enough anymore.

God dam we need a key forward
No shame in not being as good as the best team in the comp, we pushed them and would have won against most teams with the way we played today. Play like that week in week out and we aren't too far away.

The tough hard reality that we're just not good enough anymore.

God dam we need a key forward
Eagles defense makes literally every team want that.

Impey good, O'meara great, Smith good, Burton

Naitanui was huge in the last, sunk us.

I know he's our engine room,but TMitch really needs to clean his kicking up. It hurts us when he's on the recieving end of a chain of handballs and turns it over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3 min left on the clock, needing 3 goals, and we move the ball backwards 3 times to try and go forwards...not the time for it! Our disposal isn't good enough any more to keep doing that - we go backwards 100meters and are just as likely to turn the ball over before regaining that 100meters on the other side of the ground these days.

Better effort than last week, sure, but yet another loss.

Can we please now put an end to the two ruckmen theories now? We just looked way to slow and top heavy. This idea that Cegs and B.B. were going to mark everything that went in our forward was never gonna happen.

Today we was a wasted opportunity, boy we looked poor.
Did we? We were a few goals off the best team in the comp. Probably could have been even closer if it was at the MCG. Last quarter was disappointing but i think we had a lot of promising signs

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Hawks lose to Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Back