Autopsy Hawks lose to Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

There are so many dicks on this board that like to hear themselves complain and think it makes a difference, mostly they want to provoke. You either say what you mean or don't say it. If you say it own it, banter indeed, too convenient an out, I call bullshit.

LOL. When you get down off your cross, maybe we could talk about the footy again.

Some of us can't stand all the holier-than-thou princesses who come on here telling anyone who will listen how much better their attitude is, how much more valuable their posts are, how they are a better class of supporter, a better class of human being, and all-round premiership winners in life.

BigFooty is a mess of opinions, rants, the occasional and very rare insight, but mostly one-eyed nonsense about the Mighty Hawks. That's why we're all here.

Absolutely true, my question is why? I don't understand why the AFL has rules like banning third man up, like nominating for ruck, what reason on earth gives an umpire the opportunity to give out petty 50m penalty frees , why is the ten metre run past give the kicker a 50 , for what, if the opponent runs past at 8 or 9 metres from the free kicker , what has he actually done wrong that deserves a free and on many occasions a GOAL!

Count how many goals are scored these days in general from free kicks, the ten metre rule free is a nonsense, too many 50 penalties for petty things, when inertia sends a player one step over the mark trying to spoil , he gets 50 m penalty, many goals have been scored that way, it is WRONG and worse its unfair, there is no merit in that given goal.

There are a lot of things that I could say about the game , I usually say though , that one third is great , two thirds of the game is now killing it off.
And lots of youngsters are seeing that too.

I would love to see the rest of Big Footy people comment on this , I had a rant on another BF forum about this , and I've done it on many occasions,over several years.
Mainly about umpires, but this last one was about no 7 umpire who sees an Essendon fellow get grabbed around the front of his jumper ball not visible.
With no.7 umpire on camera looking straight at the action and calling nothing, a second or so later he gives a free the other way, and I don't even know what it was for?
I unfortunately lost it , turned the game off, is that what our game is now frustration and anger and not even a Hawks game it was the Ess v GWS match.

Goal to North against freo when freo only 4 points down free kick blatant , umpire there calls nothing the whole crowd see it , North get a goal and seal it up.

Is that what we've come to , with written rules from heaven knows who (Hocking now)but others too, what is the AFL doing ? And why?

I hope all BF folk Hawks or not, people with eyes who watch a bit of footy, If they can't see whats happening they really really don't know football..

Years ago I said umpires will begin to decide results soon with the grey areas that they find themselves able to adjudicate on , it is a personal perception from that umpire, and in the never ending pack formations in lots of games they can pick what they like.

Now I think our umpires are of an extremely high standard and have an extremely hard job BUT, the game at this point in time, is wide open for a fix, people may laugh but think about it , it only takes once, for some money from people, who are not the nicest types, to perhaps get hold of one individual just to make some decisions here and there, to make a situation occur.
Personally the cheating aspect is a possibility rather than a probability, but the game itself is no longer Australian Rules, we the money providers the buying public and members, the natural maniacal Aussie footy followers we are being hoodwinked , but WHY AFL WHY???
I hope lots of footy fans and every club start to see what is happening.

Need players to play in position again or we lose footy totally to a game where every one follows the ball! That right now!

I really think the best way to improve the game is to severely restrict the interchanges, we need more 1v1s and less robotic and structured defensive set ups. By bringing in a rule of say maximum 10-15 interchanges a quarter we are going to see more fatigued players who will struggle to defend, by doing this we allow the opportunity to see more individual brilliance which is quickly dying.

The other thing to do which is a last resort is to remove wingman or outlaw kicking backwards/sideways in the D50, I mean they can do it but it's play on.

The game is painful to watch.

LOL. When you get down off your cross, maybe we could talk about the footy again.

Some of us can't stand all the holier-than-thou princesses who come on here telling anyone who will listen how much better their attitude is, how much more valuable their posts are, how they are a better class of supporter, a better class of human being, and all-round premiership winners in life.

BigFooty is a mess of opinions, rants, the occasional and very rare insight, but mostly one-eyed nonsense about the Mighty Hawks. That's why we're all here.

I love reading the views of just about all posters, even ones I disagree with.. there's only a tiny minority I can't stand but for the most part our posters are brilliant imo.

There are certain amount of supporters here that seem to take a loss way too easier than others. I’m one of the ‘Others’.

Off the 'cross" and found myself a soapbox, thanks.

I do understand that, but don't you get sick of the dummy spitting and toys thrown from the cot by some of the posters. If I read another poster stating "I just wont stand for mediocrity" I think I will vomit. What the F are they able to do about anything that happens at the club, how full of shit are they, do they believe the crap they speak, do they think they are that important. W____s

No one on here is happy when we don't win, I normally do not post for days after a loss, but the carry on by some after a loss and the recriminations towards the players/club is ridiculous. Whether our players are the best or worst in the comp at the moment, each one of them has probably attained a higher relative level of success than most of the people whinging about how "shit" they are. "I won't support the team unless they are winners, how else am I gunna feel good about myself while I am driving the garbage truck".

See how much fun it is to read a whinge!

Blake 'Hodgey' Hardwick
Quickly becoming one of my faves in the current side. He'd never die wondering.
Hodgey must be secretly loving seeing the No. 15 still strutting it's stuff. His legacy lives on while Dimma is carrying that number on his back.

Coaches votes getting as dodgy as their votes for Coach of the Year.
Howe got one coaches vote against the Swans and was dropped!
All awards or points or thin gs to win competitions for footballers is something that need to be cut down, if the coaches are just using a dart to throw at a list opf players to pick his best every week then its a worthless operation.
Its about as important as the Golden Fist!!
Well for fun that is very important!

Sorry mate I tuned out. Very melodramatic for me. Too many long sentences and too few paragraphs. The points get lost. However, I feel a majority weren't in relation to my post.

With respect to you critiquing my 'list'. This was in response to another poster suggesting they will become quality players. Like me, like you, it's an opinion. Big Footy is an opinion forum. Bit of fun and discussion. Like me, you too are just an armchair critic.

However, you are correct in saying I don't know for certain these players will not become elite. I hope they do, that's a given.

However, the odds are against us with a number of young kids on our list. You may nail a few late picks and rookie picks, but the success rates is much lower then with first rounder picks. The percentages of first round picks making it is far higher then blokes picked in their 50s, 60s or 70s.

It's not an exact science, but recruiting departments are getting smarter and far more resourced. The odds of finding a Josh Kelly or Pattrick Cripps with a pick in the 50s is low. It can happen, but not consistently.

Its fine , I can't even remember what I talked about off your post, I think the player list.
But it doesn't matter, my main beef is how the AFL have ripped into the game and changed it for the worst.
That's all.
If you find any more of my stuff, just put up with my way , I write like I'm talking to someone, and then I get a bit lost.
But what I am meaning is far from lost.

LOST the operative word for the track that AFL football is taking.
Its not Australian Rules Football that is a fact.

I really think the best way to improve the game is to severely restrict the interchanges, we need more 1v1s and less robotic and structured defensive set ups. By bringing in a rule of say maximum 10-15 interchanges a quarter we are going to see more fatigued players who will struggle to defend, by doing this we allow the opportunity to see more individual brilliance which is quickly dying.

The other thing to do which is a last resort is to remove wingman or outlaw kicking backwards/sideways in the D50, I mean they can do it but it's play on.

The game is painful to watch.

I agree with the less interchange and maybe a bit of leeway given to defenders who at times can barely defend by punching because they get called for touching or chopping an arm when they can't help it, unless of course as I said they just stand down and let the mark go.
If the players get more tired because they don't get enough relief on the bench , that's a good thing , slows the game down , may make them handball a little more legally with skill , as I reckon 50% of handballs are throws!
The speed of the game the lack of kicking skills that seems to have come to a head this year, may be fixed by a slower game and stronger legs.
But also the dilution of the game has helped create that tiny little bit of not quite top level ability in quite a few players, its enough to drop the games standard at seniors AFL level.
One more really bad thing, the speed of the game does, is create injury ridden clubs like we've never seen before, what ever you think out there, having super sprinters who run incessantly all the game at the best flat out pace they can , (and most are supposed to be able to do this) can only work, for so long, before players break down. Obviously clubs in the past had their handful of speedsters to do the hard running stuff, the Key Position boys did the hard contested marking and held positions. That's almost gone!

Still can't answer the why , we have some very strange rules and who gave the AFL the right to mangle/change it in the first place, and where does the money come from? Answer below.
The punters , and its our money and our game!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Hawks lose to Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Back