Remove this Banner Ad

So, if we won tonight (and I hate seeing us lose);

1. Heat comes on Worsfold even harder from Slobbo etc
2. Worsfold probably gets sacked
3. Possibly Hurd comes back

We lose tonight;

1. Heat still on Worsfold but much quieter
2. If they win 2 or 3 in a row it really damages the Slobbo and Lloyd narrative
3. Essendon sack him anyway at season’s end with little justification which would be more destabilising
4. Irrespective they will get as much of this year’s premiership cup as we do
5. They are still filthy drug cheats

I assumed Mitch Lewis was injured, was he actually dropped? He’s seemed really promising whenever I’ve seen him including Easter Monday.

Are Roughead’s papers so stamped he wasn’t even considered tonight?

Really struggling to keep up supporting this outfit this yr. Total lack of heart hurts

Nobody likes fair weather supporters
Don’t think it’s lack of heart - lack of cohesion, poor skills and not enough quality. We are about where expected and hopefully we can pick up some quality in the draft and maybe a free agent or two

Think the ship has sailed on bottoming out to be honest, we have comitted to this rebuild model and need to stick it out. We have too much talent to truly drop down and shipping them off will not see us get fair value and would damage the culture at the club.

We have to see this through and see where it takes us. Not giving up on it just yet.

You can still hit the draft hard some seasons. We did in 2015 and unearthed some late gems recently

Geelong have surged in a couple of drafts. They’ve plucked some more mature players like we did with smithy and poppy

I assumed Mitch Lewis was injured, was he actually dropped? He’s seemed really promising whenever I’ve seen him including Easter Monday.

Are Roughead’s papers so stamped he wasn’t even considered tonight?

you would think if Lewis was dropped for no reason, then Rough would have to replace him, selectors need to wake up, we have no other tall forw and O'Brien is obviously not the answer you have years of examples to know that and Sicily could be the answer but not tonight, also Gunston seems to be going at cruise mode for the majority of the season.

Last edited:
Most been said already.

Dropping Lewis was brain dead. Cost us on many fronts.

We're bottom 5. Do we really bottom out now or try to hang on? Fascinating few weeks ahead.

The Stratts thing is disgusting. From both captain and coach. Clarko had to stamp it out post Bris game but didn't. It's a disgrace.

Don't know where we go from here to be honest.

No need to completely bottom out. There is still a decent core in that age 24-29 bracket. It’s just a case of needing to add the finishing touches that would take this team right back among the best again.

A mini “clean out” will happen though and the fringe players will likely be gone.

Add Mitchell back, maybe Coniglio and Patton too, plus a top 10 draft pick and things can change very quickly.

I'm OK with that if I look at the big picture. (The big picture being we won't win a GF this year)

What I'm not ok with unless it was deliberate, we gave them at least 4 goals from direct ruck tap outs when we won them in their forward line and hit Essendon players. Either it was deliberate or we need to move Monkey on as ruck coach, yet keep him as Clarko's "minder" when he goes off. Both Ceglar and McEvoy were putrid overall.

We dropped Lewis because??? we were looking to the future and Essendon flood worse than NM but have two KPB who are actually good.

We started Sicily up forward even though he was undersized and wouldn't have the sit to intercept because those guys wouldn't be going for the mark either?

Gunston and Bruest decided the early draft pick was a better way for them to win another premiership. So they'd just go thru the motions even though they'd actually been slightly better than their 2019 selves the last few weeks running into the bye.

I hate Essendon as a club even before the needles I will never forgive Sheedy for what he did to Jeans... or his brother's family the arrogant self absorbed twat, however in the bigger scheme of things it is what it is.

Are we anywhere closer or further away from a premiership based on that loss, for me if we get a lower pick, or if Finn McGuiness is actually good and we get the lower pick plus him, long term does it hurt us... dubious.

Plenty of poor, some of the good was Hardwick looking more like last year than he has for a while. Worpel looking like a very good 3rd amigo long term, super fourth amigo if someone like coniglio turns up. Impey getting better by the year. Those 3 blokes are very young we ain't far away but we are very far away. Ruck and forward line are our biggest issues for me. Actually though TOB was solid down back and twice Sicily up forward yet had almost less than half the time there as Sicily. Stratts looked like he cared every single moment, even though he is not quite there.

The worry for me is Burgoyne, don't think there has been a minute since he came back from injury that he has looked like Shaun Burgoyne that I remember. Love him, still prepared if we could ever get him fit to keep him next year as, as a 18-22 player could win you a GF. But he's looked slower than cousins in his return and hasn't broken a tackle to save himself. NB: not a worry for the future just would have liked to have seen him get a 5th medallion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really bad look by Strats for you guys tonight and it seems habitual this year. Expect that sort of garbage from a hack suburban defender who knows the forward has him covered. Strats is way too good to drop to that level, surprised to see it from him frankly.

Aside from that the future looks ok for you guys. Not your best work tonight but I like the look of your kids.

And to think the masterminds at my club delisted Hendo...

img_0819-jpg.692341
img_0820-jpg.692342

is this part of the game plan or what?
well it's not peptides, but agreed. Not on.

Got a lesson in forward craft by Essendon I reckon. They moved the ball well, presented to the ball carrier, created space for each other, marked the ball.

Our forward play was slow ball movement to 70, then bomb to a crowded forward line where we are outnumbered.

Our midfield got killed in the middle, but tried hard.
Defence got exposed through fast brave ball movement.

Selection, absolutely baffling.

Bring back Lewis, bring in Ross for rest of year.

Never play brand again

Pinching is a dog act no matter your position, captain or not. I struggle to see how anyone can defend it, its a horrible look.

Neroli threw in a sneaky finger to the bombers fans, yet a bombers player got up into the face of the subdued hawks cheer squad after his goal.
That’s the trial by media, and the close up of the bruises after the game.

If every afl players had film of their bruises after every game, a lot of people would be shocked

Thinking back to the tex walker Sam Mitchell incident, the media maintained Mitchell corked him out of the game, but in actual fact tex played two more quarters before getting injured when the hero flog tackled another smaller hawks player
It’s pure bias

Neroli threw in a sneaky finger to the bombers fans, yet a bombers player got up into the face of the subdued hawks cheer squad after his goal.
That’s the trial by media, and the close up of the bruises after the game.

If every afl players had film of their bruises after every game, a lot of people would be shocked

Thinking back to the tex walker Sam Mitchell incident, the media maintained Mitchell corked him out of the game, but in actual fact tex played two more quarters before getting injured when the hero flog tackled another smaller hawks player
It’s pure bias
Not defending Stratton at all but that was really ordinary from that Bombers flog, they looked like kids and they were sitting down not at all in his face and you going to scream at them like that? Bit of a campaigner.

No need to completely bottom out. There is still a decent core in that age 24-29 bracket. It’s just a case of needing to add the finishing touches that would take this team right back among the best again.

A mini “clean out” will happen though and the fringe players will likely be gone.

Add Mitchell back, maybe Coniglio and Patton too, plus a top 10 draft pick and things can change very quickly.

I’d suggest we may go for a half dozen draftees

agreed. pinching's the sort of **** that ******* Crowley used to do all game. Surely Stratton has the dignity not to stoop to that campaigners level.
That is part of it but he is doesn't have great skills anyway and is starting to fall over often in contests. Think the game is starting to pass him by

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Hawks lose to *

Remove this Banner Ad

Back