Toast Hawks made finals in 2024! - Hawks finals discussion

Can the Hawks make finals in 2024?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Sicily was just about best on ground i reckon. Was also very good against the Lions, so reckon he's very close to being back to all-Australian form – the first time we've seen that this year.
Far from best on ground Saturday with quite a few more influential for longer. He did go up a level in the last quarter though when the Crows thought they might have a sniff.

He hasn't been bad by any stretch but he hasn't been at his AA best as frequently as the last couple seasons. If he can recapture that form line then it will lift the team again.

I’m worried about the Richmond one. They seem to always frustrate us - I’m hoping they beat Adelaide this week because I don’t want them to be due for a win come our game.

It's going to be Dusty's 300th in all probability so they will be up for it for sure.

We still have half a season to go. Why I would love for us to make finals this year. I also understand that we are still a developing side, which means we are going to have our little hiccups along the way. Lose games that we really should win, cause an upset or 2, have little brain fades ect.

Next year, we will be playing finals, I’d even tip us to win at least 1 final game. This year we are probably a 12- 6 ladder finishing side. Next year with more experience and maturity we will be close to being a top four side again.

So this year the jury is still out

I did a ladder predictor, gave us 12 wins, and we still finished 11th.

So I guess not this year unless we just keep on winning.
Why not
Go Team Win GIF by Disney+

I got that too. Need significant drop offs from others ( which is happening)
As mentioned. Take our 7-8 wins against teams including just above GWS carlton Collingwood freo and it looks different

12 wins and finishing 11th is just about unheard of! I know 13 wins is usually the mark for making finals, but 12 surely gets 9th or 10th at worst?

12 wins and finishing 11th is just about unheard of! I know 13 wins is usually the mark for making finals, but 12 surely gets 9th or 10th at worst?
Remember that there is an extra game in the fixture because of gather round.

I don't think so.

Same number of games across 1 extra round is what I thought.
Nah, extra game. There's 24 rounds, with one bye week, so 23 games instead of the 22 it used to be.

* Not including the stupid Opening Round.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, extra game. There's 24 rounds, with one bye week, so 23 games instead of the 22 it used to be.

* Not including the stupid Opening Round.
Last word on it.

There were exactly 207 games in 2023..... and there are exactly 207 games in 2024.

Just split over one more round. (aka The Stupid Opening Round).

Last word on it.

There were exactly 207 games in 2023..... and there are exactly 207 games in 2024.

There was also gather round in 2023.

In 2022, before gather round, sides played 22 games for the season.

There's such a massive log jam at the bottom half of the 8 that it's conceivable that a club could miss finals with 13 wins.

Last word on it.

Yes, that's 23 games each..this year and last.

Pre-Gather round (not counting Covid year) it was 198 games a year.

When the fixture came out, the vibe was Geelong had quite an easy fixture and hawthorn quite hard

Play each other twice along with Adelaide and north

Cats other double ups are Carl wb stk. hawks are coll gws rich. Stacks up quite even half way into season. Cats a shade harder cats have HGA at cattery but hawks still have York park

Not only similar draw but have already played 7 of the same opponents out of 11 rounds not including playing each other for similar results 5 wins 2 losses v the same teams. Cats got a closer loss to Melbourne and a bigger win over north, plus beat hawks by 36 points

Cats also beat Carl Richmond, lost to GWS who hawthorn are still to play
Hawks lost to syd coll ess, who cats are still to play

Neither team have played freo or wce yet. Hawks get freo home, wce away. Cats get freo away, WCE home

Short answer. Cats draw has been easier up to now, and have 3 more wins. It’s similar for hawks going forward. Have had similar results v the same teams

I think you did the Ladder predictor wrong there's 11 games left and we have already won 5 so that would leave us on 16 wins. Unless you predicted us to lose for some reason, in which case delete your account.

Last edited:
Enjoy it while you can, Hawks.
If we lose to the Giants our chance to get on a roll to finals looks done.

Enjoy it while you can, Hawks.
If we lose to the Giants our chance to get on a roll to finals looks done.
I would love it if we did win and kept a slim chance alive, but I also won’t be dissatisfied if we continue to play the way we have been these past 5 or so weeks and miss out. Effort, game style and getting games into our young brigade are what I need, finals is what I’d like.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Hawks made finals in 2024! - Hawks finals discussion

Back