Preview Hawks v Cats - ins, outs and general prognostications

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

He's a great leading forward when we structure the forward line around that.

But anyone who has done 2on1 practice at training knows that you feel pig rooted after one or two goes at it. Basing our entire scoring strategy around this is a little flawed.

Agreed, sit him in the fifty alone with less space over the back, they drop another player in and he loses potency just like anyone else.

I don't fully agree with this. His pressure is amazing no doubt. But he doesn't get much of the ball, he's not kicking goals (only 6 this year) and he often makes terrible decisions under pressure. ie the flying kick out of the air that cost us the geelong game last year.

That didn't cost us the game

There is only one thing that our EX President, Jeff Kennett, I want HIM to do; Admit he was WRONG when he made that stupid remark, and that stupid curse should be lifted!!:D
Can we find a witch that can put a curse on the Rats? Now that would be heaven on earth:p

Unfortunately it is impossible for Jeff to admit he was wrrooo... wroooo...wrooon (He's like the Fonz).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The grunt work he does makes up for other deficiencies he may have, Imo he isn't in the side to kick goals they are a bonus, he is there to provide manic pressure and intensity around the ground so we gain an ascendency

What isn't clear is what relevence he has in finals when everyone's pressure and intensity goes up to puopolo-like levels and his lack of offensive skills become more apparent.

What isn't clear is what relevence he has in finals when everyone's pressure and intensity goes up to puopolo-like levels and his lack of offensive skills become more apparent.

Poppy is well and truly in our best 22, he provides more than just forward pressure. Before he got injured, he was just about our best rotating midfielder.
Think you're selling him a bit short (no pun intended).

I find it funny how some supporters think we have learnt from last years GF and we are now kicking straight because we have sorted it out. They tried last year but most likely their heads got in the way and pressure got to them. It's all in the head for most of AFL players when shooting for goal. Practice does help but players may still get the yips, look at Breust round 1, he played a good game except from set shots he froze up. In the bigger games the pressure is enormous and last year in the GF and in most Geelong games the boys have struggled to keep a cool head and finish their shots off. We've seemed to have more games of accurate goal kicking than in the past this year but that may not matter come Saturday. Let's hope they can kick straight, they all try but whether they can step up and do it, is another thing.

I'm sick of seeing Chapman and Bartel kick massive goals outside 50 against us and then see us miss some absolute sitters. Our boys are ready I believe to take on this pressure and overcome it and get this annoying scragging ugly dirty monkey off their backs.

Simple to beat the cats this Saturday

DONT THINK> DO

Sick and tired of losing to these blokes. Hopefully Buddy has learnt that to beat Lonergan he has to lead....

Do you think there are ANY fair umpires? Obviously not:eek:

Umpires schmupires. They're all kermits-
“I've gone way beyond afraid. Right now I'm somewhere between bedwetting and a near death experience." - Rizzo

Seriously for once the difference will be in the moves
this game will be won by.......the COACHES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back