Hawks V West Coast (MCG)

Remove this Banner Ad

Killer eagle said:
These are the worrying games, when the opposing team reckons they are going to be belted, then they end up jumping up and winning.

I doubt it.

For the Hawks to get up they'll need to play 4 quarters of decent football whilst somehow preventing the Eagles from kicking multiple goals in quick succession. This is what kills the club the most - being unable to stop the rot.

The polls are in:

Only two tips for and fifteen against from The Age tipsters today.
One from the Black Dog, and the other from struggling Emma Quayle.

West Coast are paying $1.28 compared to a whopping $3.45 for the Hawks. (the Mongrel Punter reckons this is a good deal, given the "possible" upset.)

The Eagles may not be travelling the best they have, but they should make short work of the Hawks. The midfield battle will be interesting, Mitchell, Hodge and Vandenberg being able to provide solid opposition to the Eagles' star brigade. In the end, the visitors will prove too fast, too skilled and too experienced, and will have too many winners on all lines.
West Coast by 37 points

What irks me is many in the media when discussing this game have complete disrespect for our team looking at us as easybeats and it is just a matter of a stroll in the park for the Eagles. After last week's debacle against the Saints I suppose the diatribe is not to be unexpected, but for God's sake we trounced highly fancied Richmond just 14 days ago and the West Coast have lost their last two.

With Willo back and our mid-field having the ability to get on top of theirs, I give our side every chance.

Speaking of easybeats, a Geelong supporter friend of mine says the Adelaide v Hawks margin will be great than the Adelaide v Geelong margin.
A friendly wager may ensue.

I agree Shadworth :) (like that name)

Lets not forget we beat a near full strength Weagles in Perth in I think last pre season game this year.

Its a day game in Vic, not at the Dome. Its on a ground we train on in the exact dimensions. Its Spida's 250th and some teams run hot and cold.

Last week we where frozen but who knows this week? I give us a fighting chance for a good win.

RustyHawk said:
I agree Shadworth :) (like that name)

Ha! Ha! RH. I get Shagforth in my home town, Coolangatta/Tweed Heads :)

Good one Garry, the fickle nature of the press never ceases to amaze! A quick check of the tipping form in the dailys shows how poor they are. Granted the Weagles on form should give the hawks a tidy lesson, but form in melbourne is different, Everitt does his 250 (well done spider), and our bench looks youthful and pacy. The weagles attack is their achilles and a small wager on the hawks to spring a suprise might be a tidy investment. I'm expecting big games from Changa, Willo and Spider.Good to see Murphy finally replace Ries.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if West Coast actually realise that this is a T E A M game that goes for F O U R quarters then they should belt them off the park.

not going to happen, they will pay the opposition no respect even when they are down by 40 odd points by 3 quarter time they will still think that they are better than them

I saw the Eagles train today and Wirrapanda had his hand taped up and didnt use it so he threw the ball instead of handballing so i dont know if that indicates that he will miss the game but he trained so he might.

They are a well oiled machine and Hawthorn must bounce back and rise for Spida's 250th Game

I really think the Hawks are a chance. West Coast are out of form. They have no Cox. We have Spida's 250th. I encourage all Hawk fans - get down to the 'G, cheer on the team, especially Everitt (let's see if we can get him to sign a contract!).
Looking at the draw ahead of us, we have a number of very winnable games. Forget talk of getting the number 3 or 4 draft pick, we could still finish with 11 wins with a bit of luck.

Was very glad to see us attacking the loose ball every time
Franklin in particular impressed me. He's lacked the psysical game until now, and although it cost him game time today after an injury, as the young bodies grow, so will their confidence in playing a more physical brand of football.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawks V West Coast (MCG)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back