Hawks vs Carlton - Not televised in WA

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey Guys,

Don't suppose anyone knows where I can watch this weekends game live (be it over the internet or at a pub somewhere). I'm in Perth, and it turns out that Fox Sports AND Channel 10 are both going to televise the Western Derby LIVE, and neither is going to show the hawks game which starts 2hours earlier!

I've just come back from 3 weeks o/seas with no footy and need my hawks fix!

-Drew

I have just called Channel 10 and they basically turned around and said too bad so sad - asked them where we could watch it live and there reply was that they did not care as it was not their problem. The biatch then hung up on me.

Now I am going to call the AFL

Mighty Hawks site are suggesting the Inglewood - called the AFL and left a complaint on the answering machine.

Not complaining too loud as our club does a lot for us interstate supporters but maybe these are the weekends when we are not shown on a live network that they arrange for a day out for supporters at somewhere like the Perth Footy Club where we can get together and watch the game on the big screen.

I will also admit that we should of been aware that this was a problem when the draw was released last year - we know that if their is a Hawks game on at the same time as the Eagles or Dockers game in Perth then we will be on a delayed telecast. Both networks always show the local game.

Yeah, definately not the clubs fault. I'm a little confused.. how does both ten and Fox have the rights to show the Western Derby live?

The inglewood eh? hmm.. how are they showing it?

Yeah, definately not the clubs fault. I'm a little confused.. how does both ten and Fox have the rights to show the Western Derby live?

sorry HQ but this has been the same since the new TV deal...arseholes they are (full stop)

anyway get yourself a satelite dish, set-top box (Humax 540?) and gold card so you can watch it on Central 7 :thumbsu:

More possible conflict rounds - when we play near or around the same time as West Coast Eagles

Round 11
Round 15
Round 17
Round 18
Round 19

One could be very interesting as West Coas play at the same time as the Hawthorn Geelong game - I reckon 10 will grab this game in the East which means that we should have this game live on 10 in Perth but guess what - they will play the Eagles away game in 10.

Another situation where the AFL pander to the media - and we supporters get butt fire trucked

They show the games through a Darwin tv channel. Its quality as it means you can watch friday night games at 6:30 instead of waiting till 8:30 on Ch7/10.

The ingy is my local, I might pop down there today and find out if they are showing the hawks game.

They show the games through a Darwin tv channel. Its quality as it means you can watch friday night games at 6:30 instead of waiting till the game over at 8:30.

The ingy is my local, I might pop down there today and find out if they are showing the hawks game.

specifically Central 7...and it is available to the average punter at a cost and has served me very well for the last 3yrs..in fact I probably get more footy than the people who pay for Fox :thumbsu:

check out this link http://www.vansat.com.au/ and click 'tv' for the guides

Hi Everyone

Please see the email excerpt from the Inglewood below.

As valued clientele I would like to let you know what the programme is for Saturday. There is a dilemma with a significant overlap between the Hawks v Blues and Eagles v Dockers telecast times. As you are aware we get a great turn out for all teams in both games, but the western derby is a maximum capacity game for us at The Inglewood. In order to accommodate our hawks and blues supporters I will be exclusively showing that game in our other bar The Verandah Bar. The Verandah Bar has 3 big screen HD Sony TV’s over the bar and 3 other TV’s located for viewing in any area in the bar. The commentary will be on surround sound, bar service is convenient for everyone and there is a beer garden to enjoy in between quarters.

The TV located in the rear of the lounge bar (near toilets) will also be screening the hawks and blues with sound if that is your preferred option. I do apologise for any disappointment but I did want to advise you in advance.

Venue Manager

Cnr Fifth Ave and Beaufort St, Mt Lawley 6050
P 9370 5511 F 9370 1914

2008 Best Bar Service and Presentation
2008 WA's Best Steak Sandwich
2007 AHA DeBortoli 6PR “Perth Pub of the Year’

I too was mighty pissed off when I checked the tv guide on the afl website earlier in the week, and halfway through an angry email I decided to check the regular TV guide on the net, which said it's live on One Digital at 12pm: http://www.ebroadcast.com.au/cgi-bi...sofcom&magic=_HqB99yO8xTjXK9iekzZ1Blra5LNGZXS

I really hope this stands. So if you've got digital TV you should be fine to watch it on One Digital.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

specifically Central 7...and it is available to the average punter at a cost and has served me very well for the last 3yrs..in fact I probably get more footy than the people who pay for Fox :thumbsu:

check out this link http://www.vansat.com.au/ and click 'tv' for the guides

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!
I have it too
Got it in this year
I live in a remote area so its Kosher
WA had the Hawks live last week where the rest had to watch it on Foxsmell.
I get the same up here if we play the Bearz we get it live so works out ok twice a year,cant wait for GC to get 4.

I too was mighty pissed off when I checked the tv guide on the afl website earlier in the week, and halfway through an angry email I decided to check the regular TV guide on the net, which said it's live on One Digital at 12pm: http://www.ebroadcast.com.au/cgi-bi...sofcom&magic=_HqB99yO8xTjXK9iekzZ1Blra5LNGZXS

I really hope this stands. So if you've got digital TV you should be fine to watch it on One Digital.

I have serious doubts that they will telecast this game on One digital and clash with the Derby on Ch10 at 2.00pm. It won't happen, make your way to the Inglewood. Also check this link to the channel One tv guide.

http://ten.com.au/hdtvguide_search.htm

Just checked the guide for one digital and HD on my TV and it looks like it's not on. I have no idea why they can't at least show it on one of the other foxsports channels, considering it's not shown on free to air at all, and is going to be delayed on foxtel by 8 and a half hours.

Apologies for what appears to be incorrectly stating it is on. It did say it was in the TV guide I checked though.

I don't expect a lot of love, but I'm going to email our president about it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawks vs Carlton - Not televised in WA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back