Game Day Hawks vs Cats - Round 1, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't do Geelong-Hawthorn games anymore, it's gone beyond a joke. Our average losing margin over the ten games is what, 5 points? We've had so many leads over the trip that we've pissed down the drain, it hurts just to talk about it.

i think I physically ache from this loss. will the pain ever end? I'm sick of those farking geelong supporters rubbing it our faces, yet we cant stand up and win. really needed this one... devastated :(

Why is it that the bloke with the least amount of natural talent (Puopolo), is the 1 who has a crack the most out of all of them. There are blokes out there that need to have a look at they way he plays and realise you dont deserve to play just because you have talent. Its always the case that the blokes with the least amount of talent are the 1s who put in the most. I'm fed up with certain players beating up on the lesser teams but when their backs are against the wall in a tough are contest, they simply do not want it enough.

Cats pace has cut us apart after half time.

The thing is it's not like our midfield is full of plodders. We have pace in the likes of Savage, Smith, Hill and Puopolo. It's just sad that only Pup and Hill (for a half) turned up and knew how to use their pace whilst the other two were to put it harshly useless for the majority of the game.

Geelong know how to inject their quick players into the contest, our quick players either don't know how to or our midfielders don't know how to bring them into the game.

I can't do Geelong-Hawthorn games anymore, it's gone beyond a joke. Our average losing margin over the ten games is what, 5 points? We've had so many leads over the trip that we've pissed down the drain, it hurts just to talk about it.

i agree. they are the most stressful times of the year for me... they just build up and build up and then it all 'matters' in the last 10 mins which we never seem to win... it really is starting to take its toll... i might not watch the next one.. i dont even know when it is but i dont care...

This is unreal, just unreal. Time to get rid of Clakeson and get a real coach who will harden these pussies up. LEIGH MATTHEWS!!!! You know what's the most depressing thing, not that Hawthorn lost, But these players take it for granted. I was severely injured and missed my chance in the AFL draft. To watch some of my ex team mates and what they have become is just pathetic. Just show some heart that's all I ask for. But I guess its to much to ask for.

The thing is it's not like our midfield is full of plodders. We have pace in the likes of Savage, Smith, Hill and Puopolo. It's just sad that only Pup and Hill (for a half) turned up and knew how to use their pace whilst the other two were to put it harshly useless for the majority of the game.

Geelong know how to inject their quick players into the contest, our quick players either don't know how to or our midfielders don't know how to bring them into the game.

Yeah, we just can't get enough out of Savage and Smith consistantly enough these days. Both really disappointing for mine.

Breust was ordinary today, missed 3 easy goals.

I'm going to call it early - We won't make top 4 this year.

Our midfield is too thin, Shiels, Breust and Savage need make huge strides this year for us to be competitive.
We don't have a forward who can take a contested mark yet we continue to just bomb it on top of our forwards heads. Not sure what Roughy deal is but he just seems to get lost under the ball all the time. Gunston was very poor, I'd nearly be happier if they played Spanger on today's performance, at least he would compete.

On a positive Scheoy and Puopolo were pretty good today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Buddy overrated hack!!!

Ooops I forgot Roughy as well!!
The hack part is too far, but overrated is spot on the money. For all of their talent they cost us the 2013 Premiership with horrific set-shots, they both give away costly free kicks at will, Buddy can't mark and Roughy is a flat-track bully. I've had it with them, I don't think we can win another Premiership with them and we should get rid of at least one while they still have currency. Maybe try and trade one of the gun mids from GWS.

Yeah, we just can't get enough out of Savage and Smith consistantly enough these days. Both really disappointing for mine.

I think Smith tries to get into the physical side of the contest too much. I like seeing my players go head in after the ball but whats the point when no one is there to receive and run and carry. Savage is just completely average. There is nothing from him in the past few years to suggest that he could be that player for us.

With roughy and Hale playing ruck/forward, our forward line has no co-ordination. They need to go back to having Rough at full forward and Bud at chf. If Hale plays forward we are way to tall as Gunston isn't quick enough to play the medium forward role. Great start but we looked like short of a run compared to Cats.
Awesome performance from first gamer Jed Anderson, put body on line and showed enough.

Breust was ordinary today, missed 3 easy goals.

I'm going to call it early - We won't make top 4 this year.

Our midfield is too thin, Shiels, Breust and Savage need make huge strides this year for us to be competitive.
We don't have a forward who can take a contested mark yet we continue to just bomb it on top of our forwards heads. Not sure what Roughy deal is but he just seems to get lost under the ball all the time. Gunston was very poor, I'd nearly be happier if they played Spanger on today's performance, at least he would compete.

On a positive Scheoy and Puopolo were pretty good today.

We won't make the 8.

Too old and too slow

Why do we bomb it on Harry fu....en Taylor's head every time we go forward..why does Luke breast always miss the clutch goal.....ruf head shitful one hand efforts...no chase out of forward line.....but we will learn from it apparently, gee we must recruit dumb fu.k players cause they never learn and make the same mistakes every time we play the cats.no composure at all....end rant for now.

Go get knocked out again Breust you've turned back into a peaheart.

You have an avatar with Savage, and you talk about peahearts? I honestly don't know how he gets a game. Brings nothing to the team.

On the two occasions he gets a kick, its because he's left unmarked. The opposition doesn't even rate him enough to put a player on him.

Erred playing the 3 ruckman in the end. Another midfielder would have been handy. I was all for the 3 ruckman, trying to expose the CAts defence, but our run in the end just stopped.

Schoey did well, Mitch was Mitch, Sewelly was Sewelly, thought Silk had one of his best games for us and overall, our defence wasn't too bad. Our forward line just lacked movement and couldn't take a pack mark. We continued to bomb the ball in, despite our best attacks being when he hit up targets.

Anyway, it's Round 1, we have another 21 games to lift our performances. Just need to focus on that

You have an avatar with Savage, and you talk about peahearts? I honestly don't know how he gets a game. Brings nothing to the team.

On the two occasions he gets a kick, its because he's left unmarked. The opposition doesn't even rate him enough to put a player on him.

That is Woodward :p Who by all means is the furthest thing from a peaheart. I do agree with Savage though, he is ordinary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back