Autopsy Hawks vs Roos - tear it apart here

Remove this Banner Ad

They got a lot in the last but I thought the 3rd was worse just for the ludicrousy of some of the calls. The in the back against Rough was possibly the worst decision I've ever seen and the entire 5 minutes after that was beyond terrible.

Agree Roos got the run with the umps, but our lack of spread and run today was glaring and kept them in the game to make the umps more significan than usual, I can only put it down to a very tough opening draw, thanks again Vlad and co and now we get a 6 day break into the crows, thanks again Vlad and co. The amount of times we didnt seem to have our usual options or extra overlap stood out for me.
The fact we scraped out a win, albeit unconvincingly will take, although losing Cyril who basically won it for us is hard to digest.

Some are underestimating what a tough 4 weeks does. This week was a downer which funnily enough, was the same round of last season when we put in a shocker.

However, this year we did enough to get over the line. That is all that matters in the grand scheme of things.

Now, onto an alarming trend with Guerra. I mentioned it after the WCE win and it has carried through again - Guerra is not the same player as last year. He has had his colours lowered in every game he has played this year. Needs to find form or Duryea could be replacing him quick smart. Perhaps that bad hammy from late last year has restricted his movement. Cmon Goo lift.

A big :thumbsu: to Brian Lake on his debut with the Hawks. He was very good. His reaction at the end was a nice indicator about his frame of mind. He had the whole footy world watching and just reminded a few people that class is permanent.

100% agree with the bolded. I have thought this all year, but was hoping he would snap out of it. Had another poor game today. Hopefully he is just going through some poor form and will come right, however there is always the possibility that he is just coming to the end of his career. Whatever the case, he will want to improve before the finals.

Having lake is going to take some getting used to

Often his man had left him behind and you think. Oh no !

Then the ball drops into lakes hands and his opponent looks v silly

Or big packs for marks and when it unravells theres lake with the ball

"be happy that you won, it was lucky". "You boys deserved to win"

Patty... Make ur mind up..
You deserved to win because we didn't take our chances.

I'm proving a point, we won all key areas, including shots, but didn't capitalize. In a way you were lucky, but its NM, and this is what we usually do, sadly.

We lead you to the ball all day, that is why we won more frees. In saying that, there were a few contentious decisions, in our favour definitely.

That would be a good point except for the days when we dominate and still lose 30-15.

I realise the frees don't have to be equal in number, but IMO the teams weren't umpired equally today.

...however there is always the possibility that he is just coming to the end of his career....

This is my fear for him. I have noticed in a few games he has even taken a stint in the forward half. Not sure whether it is his 'breather', or whether the coaches are a little concerned.

He has been a great pick up so I hope this isn't the beginnings of the end for him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Becoming obvious Buddy and our team in general don't like round 5 but at least we won this year.

Never really got out of 2nd gear.
A point well made , makes you wonder where we are at in ref to a training bloke doesn't it .

I could just tell when Buddy took his first mark and wouldnt go back and take the kick but instead stand on the mark and be silly that he would be off today. You can just tell by his attitude when he's going to have a shit game. He's like a toddler sometimes, if things aren't going his way he gets a bit silly and rough.

Even tho Hill missed the goal I was glad he didn't give it to Buddy in the last when he was next to him, it just wasn't his day.

So disappointed in Cyrils injury, when he's having an on day **** it's like magic.

I could just tell when Buddy took his first mark and wouldnt go back and take the kick but instead stand on the mark and be silly that he would be off today..

Should have been 50 against Firrito. Wasn't even Buddy's man who was standing behind Buddy where the mark actually was. Firrito was clearly over the mark and not moving. A fairly simple rule not implemented IMO. Buddy had every right to stand there and expect the umpire to do his job correctly.

Roili really really hurts. I truly hoped the hamstring troubles were behind him. Really dangerous point in his career with how many times he has injured them. With the work that has been put in behind the scenes, it's a terrible result for the club. Fingers crossed its not the tendon or its almost season over..

You deserved to win because we didn't take our chances.

I'm proving a point, we won all key areas, including shots, but didn't capitalize. In a way you were lucky, but its NM, and this is what we usually do, sadly.
You actually haven't proved anything (apart from perhaps how defeatist you are).

North aren't a bad team but you didn't deserve to win tonite.

Must congratulate Thompson for holding Buddy all game.

He held him well from start to finish.

Did I mention that Thompson had a good game holding Buddy?

He learnt it from Hudghton.

It was ignorned by officials then too.

Should have been 50 against Firrito. Wasn't even Buddy's man who was standing behind Buddy where the mark actually was. Firrito was clearly over the mark and not moving. A fairly simple rule not implemented IMO. Buddy had every right to stand there and expect the umpire to do his job correctly.

People forget too that Buddy was often going for marks with guys hanging on to him, and the umpire not even blinking.

Sure he shouldn't drop his bundle like he seemed to today, but he got attention all night from North players, and none from umps. Meanwhile the little guy at the other end was practically on a third date with them. Would have been tough for anyone to stomach.

A few people critical of Hodge today.

Had a poor first half but did anyone see his final quarter???!! HUGE! would not have one without his influence in the last qrt. Went in the centre, one a few clearances stopped the leaking. running end-to-end and a massive critical spoil in defense late in the qtr. Real captains quarter. Loved it!

Also liked Hill, Pop, Ossie, Lewis, Buger and LAKE!!

Having lake is going to take some getting used to

Often his man had left him behind and you think. Oh no !

Then the ball drops into lakes hands and his opponent looks v silly

Or big packs for marks and when it unravells theres lake with the ball

Lake is awesome. His body use is magnificent. Edges opponents under it, backs whole packs back to protect the drop, knows when to leave his man. Great to have someone shifting everyone else out of position instead of the other way round.

Thought we missed Schoe as an outlet though. Hawks were very static - no movement at all. No space either though which is a credit to north.

I hate the long ball into the forward line. Need to give that away. Not one of our forwards are capable of catching those things.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Hawks vs Roos - tear it apart here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back