Autopsy Hawks vs Roos - tear it apart here

Remove this Banner Ad

I have a feeling that in a couple of year we won't be able to beat north anymore. Their young midfield is really very good, once they gain composure they will be right up there with the best.

I'm not sure you can teach someone how to read the ball off the boot and judge flight. I throw the aerobie (like a frisbie) a bit and as soon as it leaves a persons hands I'm running to where it's going to land but it's not something I've been able to teach, though I do believe it's something that can be learnt through practise. I do think it's just one of those talents people have, Lake has it in spades.
Yea it seems to be something that a player has or hasn't got the talent for. I think Lake would be able to help more so with player positioning as he was always able to get himself into the right position to kill the contest or take the mark. Reading the flight is something that should improve the more you play and deal with the situation and maybe something that can't really be fast tracked

You're right he should have got a few frees and it wasn't fair i went at buddy when quite a few players effort wasn't the best.

Franklin needs to get out of this bloody habit of his and stop trying to wrestle every single time with the opposition defenders in a marking contest, because he aint going to win too many. He needs to lead at the footy more often and use his pace to burn off his defender and find some space to work in. The amount of scoring shots he would generate threw this style of play is a lot. One wonders as to why our midfield don't kick it to him on the lead, rather then bombing it 700 meters in the air. It's fustrating to watch.

Maybe the Match Review Panel will finally award him that goal.

And take away the one that hit the post? It all evens out. I know you guys are frustrated about the umpiring but you were second to the ball. We smashed you around the packs but we were not good enough to finish you off.

For the last 3 weeks I have noticed our backs are opting to mark the ball coming in instead of just spoiling like last year. I'd like to see marks from opposition kicks stats in the back 50 as I am sure they are up from last year...Thanks to that we were able to deal with their high inside 50s....must be the lake effect :)

Good game from S. Thompson. When the umpires let you get away with anything and everything, why not take blatant swings at the forwards arms,!

That's the one thing Buddy should have at least done to help his cause..... i.e. try to clunk a few out in the hands with his arms outstretched and actually make Thompson have to chop his arms. Too many attempted chest marks made it easy to spoil and also to spoil illegally without penalty.

hahaha classic - just saw the Daw tackle .. FULLY 100% did not touch Burger until the ball was gone .. amazing call and hilarious more that the commentary was so excited that he got near the ball they ignored the fact it was an incorrect call. Stunning error

Absolutely. The 2 NM supporters in attendance were blowing a load too... "How's that Chase by Daw.....fap fap fap".

MinerBoy "How's the flipping fact that he tackled him after Burger had already handballed the flipping thing and you guys got a goal from the poor umpiring (non) decision".

We should never underestimate the inferred pressure Pup brings to bear ... tough, hard, uncompromising; just never gives up ... & they know it!
Just so we don't get confused here, "Pup" is actually Liam Shiels. I'm not sure if that's who you're talking about, but by the description, it sounds like Puopolo. He had one of the better seven possession games. His chasing, and harassing and contesting was first-rate.

As for "Pup", I am a huge wrap for him, but a spell in the twos couldn't do him any harm I don't think. I just don't know what he's doing out there at the minute.

Just so we don't get confused here, "Pup" is actually Liam Shiels. I'm not sure if that's who you're talking about, but by the description, it sounds like Puopolo. He had one of the better seven possession games. His chasing, and harassing and contesting was first-rate.

As for "Pup", I am a huge wrap for him, but a spell in the twos couldn't do him any harm I don't think. I just don't know what he's doing out there at the minute.
Shiels had 9 clearances last week and was one of our best. He has enough credits in the bank for at least the next two weeks. Was poor last night though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And take away the one that hit the post? It all evens out. I know you guys are frustrated about the umpiring but you were second to the ball. We smashed you around the packs but we were not good enough to finish you off.

I was more bemused at how it came about. The umpire signalled a goal. Then, upon much handwaving, it was reviewed. Then, on inconlcusive video evidence, it was over-turned. Why? Even at the ground they detailed what happened" "only overturned if the evidence was compelling". Or something like that.

I don't think it's a conspiracy, rather just another example of how half-arsed the AFL are.

Going to put myself through watching it tonight.......just to watch Lake.
Just his positioning is phenomenal , he was either there or there abouts for every kicked bombed in long. Also loved his reaction when the final siren went - clearly meant a lot to him to justify his move and we were under siege for most of that last half .

The Hawks were off their game a touch but gave us a lesson on how to make tackles stick and hit targets by foot, especially in the first half. I was very happy with the fighting spirit shown by the North boys.

Good win. I eagerly await our next match.

I was more bemused at how it came about. The umpire signalled a goal. Then, upon much handwaving, it was reviewed. Then, on inconlcusive video evidence, it was over-turned. Why? Even at the ground they detailed what happened" "only overturned if the evidence was compelling". Or something like that.

I don't think it's a conspiracy, rather just another example of how half-arsed the AFL are.

Yep I agree with you there. The goal reviewing system is a total farce.

Had to listen on the radio yesterday and planned on watching the reply today. Not sure I can put myself through it now. Might be good just for a laugh at the commentary though.
One of the funniest comments is Kingy saying "Majak looks like hes ready to get a free kick."

Yes.

Cyril smashed you.

He certainly wasn't paid the respect he should have been given and we paid the price.

I thought our coach had a pretty good game, but he dropped the ball there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Hawks vs Roos - tear it apart here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back