Autopsy Hawks vs Roos - tear it apart here

Remove this Banner Ad

It doesn't take much these days to keep us happy, especially when we get close to you blokes.

I was concerned all day that, despite our dominance through the centre, you guys seemed to move it into the forward line and kick goals with ease when needed. I didn't think it was going to take much for you guys to blow us away.

Cyril especially destroyed us, really disappointing injury for you blokes, I do like watching him play. Lake also looks like he is back to his best. Looks in hindsight to be a great recruiting move.

Take the win, after the 4 hard weeks on the up you had, there's always going to be that one down game. And against North at home there was always the danger that you would take the foot off the pedal.

Anyway, I'll see myself out :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

No need for you to leave. You actually make sense, unlike some of the other Roo supporters masquerading as subtle trolls.

Franklin needs to get out of this bloody habit of his and stop trying to wrestle every single time with the opposition defenders in a marking contest, because he aint going to win too many. He needs to lead at the footy more often and use his pace to burn off his defender and find some space to work in. The amount of scoring shots he would generate threw this style of play is a lot. One wonders as to why our midfield don't kick it to him on the lead, rather then bombing it 700 meters in the air. It's fustrating to watch.

It is very annoying. When he is at full stretch from fingertip to toe I think he would have the biggest reach bar the tallest of ruckmen and Naitanui. Combined with his pace it's a very daunting task for opposition defenders. I think opposition teams have sort of figured it out by blocking his runs and space but it can't hurt to try it more often.

We don't need Buddy to be Cloke. We just need Buddy to be Buddy.

Yeah, it was definitely rigged for a Hawthorn win. We should never have been allowed 1 free kick in the final quarter of a close game. NM robbed. :p
Don't worry mate, Brad Scott will be taking it up with the AFL this week. First Etihad roof was left open and now this! Blatant conspiracy.

Agree that Gunston is playing a role this year and is worth persevering with.

He is a one touch player. Last night when everyone else was fumbling he didn't fumble.

Agree wit RR that he can't hold a tackle so is susceptible to being run off.

Awesome contribution. I will leave you to discuss the AFL conspiracy against the Hawks.

Thanks for your contribution. It is not welcome on this forum. No suggestion of any conspiracy against the Hawks. Just a statement of two facts

First, the kangas were not good enough, as you suggested
Secondly, we are frankly not interested in your views on this forum

so, off you go

It is very annoying. When he is at full stretch from fingertip to toe I think he would have the biggest reach bar the tallest of ruckmen and Naitanui. Combined with his pace it's a very daunting task for opposition defenders. I think opposition teams have sort of figured it out by blocking his runs and space but it can't hurt to try it more often.

We don't need Buddy to be Cloke. We just need Buddy to be Buddy.

I'd like to see him mark the ball out in front at full reach instead of trying to take chest marks with a defender all over him.It's not rocket science and everyone at junior development squads i played and trained with could grasp the benefits in the 80's and 90's so wtf can't senior afl footballers?

North fans are a classy bunch - scanned from this morning's West Australian...

wcsLh5O.jpg

North fans are a classy bunch - scanned from this morning's West Australian...

Yeah the ones at the game next to me were delivering such pearls as "haha, Rioli gone for the season. Suck a **** Hawthorn".

Mind you, it says more about the individuals than the clubs. We all have 'em.

Yeah the ones at the game next to me were delivering such pearls as "haha, Rioli gone for the season. Suck a **** Hawthorn".

Mind you, it says more about the individuals than the clubs. We all have 'em.

No wonder why theres fights at the footy, it'd be very hard sitting next to a f**wit like that and not retaliate. Anyone who cheers at a player getting injured is a dog act, pure filth.

Most frustrating, messy display of footy Ive seen in a while. We were lucky to run away with it in the dying seconds. Hopefully we turn things around next week.

Its going to be tough..... they were exhausted at the end of the game and its only a 5.5day break + traveling as well

I think the main thing I took out from Sundays game, aside from NM''s shit skills and the fact that Hawks crumble under pressure (skills wise), is that if you can slow Birchall, the Hawks look like a totally different team, lacked run and class from the back line yesterday, it showed massively. Credit to the Hawks, for still winning even though NM was on top of most key areas convincingly. Too much class for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think Hill was only thereabouts, did good things but just needs to work on his finishing.

And whats with Sammy not having that kick at goal from outside 50 late in the 4th, instead he pops it up to nowhere.

Don't know if you have played the game yourself, but if you have, try to remember what your legs feel like at that stage of a game. Especially when you play in a position where you run for most of the game.

I think the main thing I took out from Sundays game, aside from NM''s shit skills and the fact that Hawks crumble under pressure (skills wise), is that if you can slow Birchall, the Hawks look like a totally different team, lacked run and class from the back line yesterday, it showed massively. Credit to the Hawks, for still winning even though NM was on top of most key areas convincingly. Too much class for us.

Unfortunately your analysis only applies to this one game where a lot of our team was down at once. I wouldnt use that as a template in the future though, you might get a rude shock.

Unfortunately your analysis only applies to this one game where a lot of our team was down at once. I wouldnt use that as a template in the future though, you might get a rude shock.
Any NM supporter that comments gets shut down by Hawks. No point. I give an honest opinion and even credit you and you still shut it down. I think there is no better template to use than that, if you pressure the Hawks and beat them to the ball they will struggle. If you give the Hawks time and space they will punish you. Stop Birchall and the Hawks lack a bit of class & dash from defence.

Still lots of class around the ground to have to stop of course though. Always very hard. You don't even credit North, it's just about "how down all of your players were"... Of course...

Went to the game, great to win a game that the opposition clearly out pointed us in most facets of the game, sign of a mature and resilient team.

One thing I noticed ( understand it has been pointed out many times before here) was Buddy's inabilty to compete in the air, he refused to jump at the ball and continually wanted to duck out the back for the ball over the top. He seems to have lost all confidence in this area of the game, would like to see him played out of the square only, he is also not repeat leading or presenting as he has in the past, looks down on confidence. I still believe he can be a 100 goal a year FF if used correctly. Hope the great man turns it around quickly, too good to be reduced to a bit part half forward goal sneak.

if you pressure the Hawks and beat them to the ball they will struggle. If you give the Hawks time and space they will punish you. Stop Birchall and the Hawks lack a bit of class & dash from defence.
Still lots of class around the ground to have to stop of course though. Always very hard. You don't even credit North, it's just about "how down all of your players were"... Of course...

Instead of "Hawks" you can insert "Any Team" and instead of Birchall you can insert "Any team's main running defender" and you are just stating an obvious fact of the game. Its not rocket science and it applies to every team in the league.

Instead of "Hawks" you can insert "Any Team" and instead of Birchall you can insert "Any team's main running defender" and you are just stating an obvious fact of the game. Its not rocket science and it applies to every team in the league.
Hawks more so than any other team, you have no one else that plays his role. Sigh, don't worry...

Hawks more so than any other team, you have no one else that plays his role. Sigh, don't worry...
You would have thought an afl coach might have come up with that amazing plan over the last few years...... I wonder why they havent been able to pull it off if there is no one else? Seems pretty easy too.... sigh

You would have thought an afl coach might have come up with that amazing plan over the last few years...... I wonder why they havent been able to pull it off if there is no one else? Seems pretty easy too.... sigh
You are ridiculous. No point even commenting, it's your way or the highway. I'll leave it to you Clarko, good luck. :thumbsu:

goddess...you al know how much I hate the cats..............but to wish any of them injured and ut for the season...man that is just sick

My philosophy on umpiring is that it all evens out by the last quarter. Usually they get a few doubtful ones, we get a few doubtful ones and by the end of the day, the frees are never equal, but the umpires don't matter.

But a 10-2 differential in the last quarter meant that they had 8 extra frees. That equates to a 32 possession game, and that's 8 easy clearances/rebounds/shots for goal.
That's like having an extra star player, a 32 possession player, on the field.

Like North having 2 Majak Daws ...

An extra star player would be like half a Majak Daw.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Hawks vs Roos - tear it apart here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back