Ultimate Glory Hawks vs Swans - We take flag number 12 - our greatest flag - The Hard Way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Just re-watched the first quarter.

Burgoyne is the man!

Everything he touched was to his team mates advantage. Even when under pressure, the bloke knew where to go.
Brilliant footballer and he doesn't look like slowing down.

It's like he just sets it up early and says 'my work here is done' and lets the younger blokes take over under his watchful care.
Love him

I love the photos on the AFL website. Downloaded the whole page.

Here's some of my favourites.

resize

resize

resize

resize

Burgoyne is the man!

Everything he touched was to his team mates advantage. Even when under pressure, the bloke knew where to go.

It's like he just sets it up early and says 'my work here is done' and lets the younger blokes take over under his watchful care.
Love him

20+ possesions @ 92% efficiency for the game, first quarter 10 possesions at 100% efficiency, if they ball didn't go near him in the 2nd quarters given Sydney didn't get their hands on it and in the end cost him any chance of Norm Smith, at quarter time he was the best man on the ground no doubt.

A champion.

Burgoyne is the man!

Love him

he is the man. Don't underestimate his importance in the preparation and lead-up to the game either. By all accounts, a leader and a teacher in all aspects.

Agree with every word mate.

The pertinent point is that every club worth it's salt, should begin each season with the Premiership as it's goal.
So , for us at Hawthorn, because of the two previous years results, will be aiming for a Threepeat!
Sometimes, it's hard to be humble.

This one?

They do a great job with their montages. Give you goosebumps. Just like the Geelong PF.

Also love Bruces quote at the very start.

"This great team, the best team of the modern era of the last 50 years produces its masterpiece they've never been better than this"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The pertinent point is that every club worth it's salt, should begin each season with the Premiership as it's goal.
So , for us at Hawthorn, because of the two previous years results, will be aiming for a Threepeat!
Sometimes, it's hard to be humble.

How do you think Melbourne start every season?

"This season we'll aim to lose on average by around 10 goals"

Has a red hot (according to all the important people) premiership favourite ever been systematically dismantled by so much?

Has a red hot (according to all the important people) premiership favourite ever been systematically dismantled by so much?
Really the're not that important. The more I think of it, the more I knew we were not ever going to lose this game.
The lads were psyched & pumped from the get go. I know the club & players said pregame that 2012 wasn't in their minds, but post game comments say that it did.
F*#k we're awesome. Go Hawks create more history ;)

Does anyone know if there'll be another Grand Final recall on Foxtel? Really enjoyed that last year, watched it 3 or 4 times.

I think you have to wait now until the end of each whole season reply. We are still on round 2 this morning.

Jeez the Swans are melting hard on their board :D This is gold

Remove this Banner Ad

Ultimate Glory Hawks vs Swans - We take flag number 12 - our greatest flag - The Hard Way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back