Hawks want a ruckman for Chick or NO DEAL!

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by daddy_4_eyes

You have to understand though that Chick wants to go home. Whether he gets traded to WA or not, one things is for sure, he won't be with the hawks next year.

Hawthorn can either:
1) Accept what WC/Freo offer, whether they want to or not
2) Make a stand that they won't be pushed around and force Chick into the draft
3) Come up with a 3-way (or more) swap where they get their ruckman, we WC/Freo get Chick and someone else gets something WC are willing to trade

Either way, WC has stated that they won't be trading their ruckmen away. That means Hawks won't get their ruckman unless a compromise deal is reached.

I have no problem with all of this. If i were West Coast i probably wouldn't want to trade Gardiner or Cox for Chick straight out either. The thing that bugs me is that WCE people think Hawthorn are being unreasonable. Yet the Eagles offer Embley/Williams and we're supposed to smile nicely and agree, bull****!

Be my guest and trade hard with hawthorn - thats what it's about.

I wouldn't be playing as hard with chick -pay cuts- below first year players in the team selection etc. If you think he's such a fool why even try to recruit him

I am starting to think Chick may be in brown and gold after all next year

Originally posted by X_box_X
Luke Penny for Ben Dixon?
Hawthorn could use Penny for a ruckmen and a backmen. Dixon will be another forward target for the Doggies to help Bandy out. Bandy, Dixon, Brown, Johnson, Giansiracusa and McGuiness in the Forward line ... Mmm, I like it :D
Thats ridiculous Xie
Penny a tall honest backman for a show pony like Dixon

Originally posted by Danny Chook Fan Club
The third was just starting out. Close to the first, at least on a par with the second (and in my view, clearly better).

To quote your good self from another post, polled less than both the second and third in the '96 brownlow. Close to Carey in the mid nineties? Bah!

Their performances, good as they were, do not stack up to what we lost. Therefore, negative trade.

What did you lose? How do you know how he'd have performed had he stayed? If he wanted to go home wouldn't that have impacted his play? Did Hawthorn have a side that would have won a flag with Jarman and without Salmon and Chick? That's drawing an awfully long bow Buzz. You may not be happy with the trade, but describing it as inadequate is ott IMO.

Originally posted by Chris_23

I have no problem with all of this. If i were West Coast i probably wouldn't want to trade Gardiner or Cox for Chick straight out either. The thing that bugs me is that WCE people think Hawthorn are being unreasonable. Yet the Eagles offer Embley/Williams and we're supposed to smile nicely and agree, bull****!

I doubt anyone expects you to just "smile nicely and agree." However, its not what Hawthorn value Chick at its what the Eagles value Chick at that will define the upper limits of what Hawthorn can get in a hypothetical trade. Quite clearly this doesn't include ruckmen at this time.

Originally posted by Mr Q

I doubt anyone expects you to just "smile nicely and agree." However, its not what Hawthorn value Chick at its what the Eagles value Chick at that will define the upper limits of what Hawthorn can get in a hypothetical trade. Quite clearly this doesn't include ruckmen at this time.

Looks like all we can say to Hawthorn is "no dice".

Niether ruckman is up for trade. Simple.
Sell Chick elsewhere.

Originally posted by Dave

To quote your good self from another post, polled less than both the second and third in the '96 brownlow. Close to Carey in the mid nineties? Bah!

What did you lose? How do you know how he'd have performed had he stayed? If he wanted to go home wouldn't that have impacted his play? Did Hawthorn have a side that would have won a flag with Jarman and without Salmon and Chick? That's drawing an awfully long bow Buzz. You may not be happy with the trade, but describing it as inadequate is ott IMO.

Its in the associated results Dave. Adelaide arguably came out that far ahead in the end (two flags probably neither of which would have been won without Jarman). Essendon got its rebounding defender (quarterback if you will...and I owe you a beer for saying it) in Wellman and a bonus that came on (especially against Hawthorn too) in Barnard.

We got great service from both Salmon and Chick yet neither (and im with DCFC on this in to how highly I regarded Jarman at the time of the trade) gave the class to the side that Jarman gave.

We came out with less in the deal by not much in the end probably. Still less though.

No, see thats the thing. I'm not sure we're really fussed either way. If you want to trade us Chick for what we're offering, fine. If alternatively, you're prepared to lose him for nothing via the draft, thats ok as well. No disrespect to Chick, but there are better things on offer.
We're not going to be forking out the big bucks and high quality players for Daniel, not when there's still a possiblity of getting Headland!

No, see thats the thing. I'm not sure we're really fussed either way. If you want to trade us Chick for what we're offering, fine. If alternatively, you're prepared to lose him for nothing via the draft, thats ok as well. No disrespect to Chick, but their a better things on offer. We're not going to be forking out the big bucks for Daniel, not when there's a possiblity of getting Headland

Originally posted by carlyp

Listen Pesimistic, IF we decide to take chick you will get what he is worth. He is not worth a Gardiner or a Cox or a Wirrupunda. At best he is worth an Embley/williams and mid draft pick! Now if you hawks dont want that then you will get nothing. Chick is coming home to the Eagles and you will have to take what we offer.

I am sure Freo would offer something better than Embley + Williams and a low Pick.

McPhee + pick 21?

Sounds reasonable to me.

Originally posted by Kenny_01

I am sure Freo would offer something better than Embley + Williams and a low Pick.

McPhee + pick 21?

Sounds reasonable to me.
Still gotta find money to pay him Kenny!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Kenny_01

McPhee + pick 21?

Sounds reasonable to me.

How is McPhee and a pick any better than Embly/Williams and a pick??? lol....

I hope we get Chick and i hope the Hawks dont get screwed over but that probably wont happen....

Originally posted by carlyp

....because Hawthorn are the AFL's love child!

Comedy at its finest. :rolleyes:

LOST: The Plot
IF FOUND: Please ship immediately to Tassie ... I believe it may have a hope of finding its owner down there :p

Originally posted by kaz68

Comedy at its finest. :rolleyes:

LOST: The Plot
IF FOUND: Please ship immediately to Tassie ... I believe it may have a hope of finding its owner down there :p

YAY!!! This trolling really works! I caught my first fish!!! YAY!!!!
Thankyou Suzi, you taught me everything!

Pretty obvious you were using Baldrick (Sorry Suzi .... last time I promise) as a role model. The complete and utter lack of sense shown in your numerous posts was a dead give away. Perhaps you are another cousin :p

BTW You really don't know much about fishing. :eek: so I shall pass you on to an expert .............

Christian where are you when you are needed .... fishing lesson please.

YAWN .... how many days till it all begins again??????

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawks want a ruckman for Chick or NO DEAL!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back