No Oppo Supporters Hawthorn’s 2019 Trade/FA - Targets/Incoming players discussion only - Next Part

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet we gave him up for a 2nd rounder whilst contracted, probably the worst trade we've made in the last 10 years.
that was a means to an end I reckon. There were rumors of Hawks being happy to move him on for non football reasons at the time (although only rumors) plus they were trying to get in Mitchell and O'Meara that year so haggling over things for a few days might of cost time and halted the O'Meara trade more

What happens if Brad requests a trade to hawthorn and explicitly tells the club he doesn't want to be there.

We offer say pick 28 and future 2nd, how likely are they to hold Brad to contract and keep a player who doesn't want to be at the club?

What does requesting a trade to a club even mean? Does the club have an obligation to get you to that destination, or can they trade you anywhere making the destination club in the trade request useless?
A player needs to consent to move to a club, so you can't just be traded anywhere. The club holding the contract aren't obligated to trade the player and are fully within their rights to hold a player to their contract.

At the end of the day, it's going to come down to the club. Some give more of a shit about the player's wishes and make it easy to move, others care more for themselves and make it more difficult. I think Freo fall more into the latter category.

What happens if Brad requests a trade to hawthorn and explicitly tells the club he doesn't want to be there.

We offer say pick 28 and future 2nd, how likely are they to hold Brad to contract and keep a player who doesn't want to be at the club?

What does requesting a trade to a club even mean? Does the club have an obligation to get you to that destination, or can they trade you anywhere making the destination club in the trade request useless?
if that situation happened, unless they have something lined up to use the accumulated picks to climb up order then I would think they yes hold him to that contract for at least another year. They dont have to trade him because he has requested it and more importantly our club wont pay unders for a guy, if anything we are known to pay slight overs to get our target. We leave the attempted under cutting to Essendon

Hawthorn were good corporate citizens to let Hilly go home when we did and for what Feo paid.
I can't imagine that Freo would recognise that were Hilly to come back to us.

I think Bell wouldn’t be adverse to making a stand with Hill. He’s pissed enough already so he isn’t going to roll the red carpet out for him - he will leave on the clubs terms or they will hold him to the contract

So hypothetically then...if Brad decides that he's out of the Dockers and he wants to go to one club only and the Dockers decline the trade offered as not being good enough then what?
Can a contracted player be forced to go to the pre season draft, even if he has made it clear he only wants to go to one club?
Or in the event of a trade standoff will he be essentially forced to suck it up and stay with freo or be forced out of the game for 2 years if he definitely wants out?:think:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Bell wouldn’t be adverse to making a stand with Hill. He’s pi**ed enough already so he isn’t going to roll the red carpet out for him - he will leave on the clubs terms or they will hold him to the contract
I reckon he's more likely to go the other way & do the whole "If you don't want to play for us we are happy to get rid of you for a fair price"

So hypothetically then...if Brad decides that he's out of the Dockers and he wants to go to one club only and the Dockers decline the trade offered as not being good enough then what?
Can a contracted player be forced to go to the pre season draft, even if he has made it clear he only wants to go to one club?
Or in the event of a trade standoff will he be essentially forced to suck it up and stay with freo or be forced out of the game for 2 years if he definitely wants out?:think:
my understanding would be that because he is contracted he would have to remain at Fremantle...similar to when McCarthy wanted to go to them from GWS and he basically sat out the next season

Most of the A graders discussed throughout this thread simply won't be happening.

That said, Wingard was a surprise last year.

There will be surprises. Things going on that we don't know about because we keep our mouths shut.

The slower things look, the bigger the surprise. I think there will be a huge left field trade

I reckon he's more likely to go the other way & do the whole "If you don't want to play for us we are happy to get rid of you for a fair price"
yes but what we in here consider a fair price I think will be well short of what they consider fair price. Think we need to forget about what we allowed him to go there for. That is irrelevant for the current deal. Has played three years at Fremantle and is a huge chance to win his second Best and Fairest this year. I would be extremely surprised if they took second rounders as fair value

Hawthorn were good corporate citizens to let Hilly go home when we did and for what Feo paid.
I can't imagine that Freo would recognise that were Hilly to come back to us.

Yep we do it as good parents, not as good neighbours. In others words we look after the player, not for the sake of the benefiting opposition team.

Other clubs look out for No.1 first at the exclusion of all others.

It's amazing that every year the same old posters trot out this negative "realist" bullshit, pissing and moaning about the moves that the club is and isn't making. Every year. Every club has multiple plans in place and contingencies to get the most out of their off season, it's ludicrous in the extreme to think that we're just going to pack it in and do nothing except panic trade for shitty role players because we missed out on one free agent.

From sources I have Wrighty & Clarko in discussions over following:

Poppy in trouble
Brand, Miles & Mirra likely be delisted
Schoenmakers: Clarko willing offer another year doesn’t want lose all experience but Wrighty wants delist
Birchall: See Schoenmakers
Silk: Clarko & Wrighty know he wants to get to 400 & have said if form warrants will get him there. Safe option is 2 year playing at GC or take his annual one year contract with us
Isaac Smith: real chance to land at Melbourne

Lachie Whitfield: long term deal at GWS

We will be active, keep an eye out on us dealing with Melbourne. That’s the news hearing today.
No Whitfield really hurts

Yep, I’m told that Hill would be fine with landing back at Hawthorn, his manager though wants a payday.
Hill taking the paycut is the one that really misses out though?

Let's say Saints offer 3.6m over 4 years, manager gets 10% - that is 360k.
Hawks offer $3m over 4 years - managers gets 300k - not a huge difference for the manager, but a 600k difference for Brad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back