No Oppo Supporters Hawthorn’s 2019 Trade/FA - Targets/Incoming players discussion only - Next Part

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hilly is OUT! Chasing the coin. 5 year deal @ $900K done to Saints!

Freo wants pick 5 or 2 first rounders
I hope that if Freo come for any of our players in the future we demand overs and let them know that everything they want from us will be at a premium if that's the way they want to play it.

It's going to be a very underwhelming off season people, strap in for the long game.

_tIXuehfMDFMKdgnxSwkXmVdMok=.gif

It's amazing that every year the same old posters trot out this negative "realist" bulls**t, pi**ing and moaning about the moves that the club is and isn't making. Every year. Every club has multiple plans in place and contingencies to get the most out of their off season, it's ludicrous in the extreme to think that we're just going to pack it in and do nothing except panic trade for s**tty role players because we missed out on one free agent.

Reminds me of the hand wringing last year when Shiel went to the Druggers. Remember how badly we failed trade period?

Not sure why all the doom and gloom.

At this stage we have pick 10 to use on a gun player and use pick points get Finn.

Finn's bio from Cal Rwomey this month is:

Finn Maginness
187cm/80kg
Vic Metro/Sandringham Dragons
Midfielder
The hard-working and big-bodied midfielder should land at Hawthorn as a father-son pick, following in the steps of his dad Scott, who won two flags for the Hawks. Maginness showed his ability as a clearance-winner and ball-getter in the final game for Vic Metro, having also been a standout earlier in the season for the Sandringham Dragons. Has size and good game sense, and has also shown at different levels he can push forward to hit the scoreboard.

At pick 10 he has:

Sam Flanders
182cm/81kg
Vic Country/Gippsland Power
Forward/midfielder
July ranking: 10

With 28 disposals, six clearances and a goal against Tasmania two weeks ago, Flanders showed his ability as a pack-busting midfielder. The Gippsland Power product has a burst from the stoppages and has enjoyed a consistent season playing largely in the midfield, and occasionally shifting forward where he has created chances there too. With his size and strength he looks ready to play.

Get those two, to add to our midfield stocks and I would be pretty happy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hill taking the paycut is the one that really misses out though?

Let's say Saints offer 3.6m over 4 years, manager gets 10% - that is 360k.
Hawks offer $3m over 4 years - managers gets 300k - not a huge difference for the manager, but a 600k difference for Brad.
I don't think managers get that high a percentage on the player's salary, I think they get a bigger cut of other deals however.

Reason being there's a salary cap, so if you stay at a club and know that you've got to accept a salary in a certain range, why would you waste 10% on a representative who can't really get you a better deal.

I saw one of them on Open Mike I think it was and from what I remember it was 20% on commercial deals and about 3% on salary negotiation. That 3% might sound low but if you've got a stable of players then 3% on all their salaries is money for old rope.

On SM-J330G using BigFooty.com mobile app

I was half happy when I got that mail, at least we won’t spend all next year thinking we might be getting him like we did Cogs lol.
I'm with you there. That "will he or won't he" stuff in particular is just plain exhausting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back