Hawthorn’s 2019 Trade/FA - Targets/Incoming players discussion only

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be a tad naive but after today if Cogs does not tell his manager “Get me to the Hawks”

He can get stuffed.
Nah mate, no need to tell his manager that again. :cool:

With all this talk that Patton is locked in makes we wonder what that means for TOB..

Clarko loves players who are versatile so I see him becoming like Gunston where he can play forward or back when needed.

More importantly, picking up Patton and the rise of both Lewis and O'Brien means all of the sudden we have depth in an area where it seems like just yesterday we had so little.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Clarko loves players who are versatile so I see him becoming like Gunston where he can play forward or back when needed.

More importantly, picking up Patton and the rise of both Lewis and O'Brien means all of the sudden we have depth in an area where it seems like just yesterday we had so little.

I also think everyone needs to cool their jets a little with Timmy. He's had a great month and has been pretty solid leading up to the last month too but almost everyone around here would've traded him in a heart beat before then. He just needs to keep doing what he's doing and he'll be alright. So happy for him.

Is he one for next draft, or this one?

It's hard to keep track of these players. I know we have Maguinness this year, and Downie, Pepper and at least one other coming up over the next two years.

Pepper is this year, along with Maginness.

There's Downie and Feagaimalii for next years draft who are both looking like good prospects early. Downie in particular.

Pretty sure there both next year. Wouldn't surprise me if one of our players is traded out midseason next year if there is a midseason draft to garner a 2nd rounder. That way we can use our 1st on one of them and 2 x 2nds on the other. I assume the problem will be if they both have extraordinary seasons leading up to the draft and we struggle to get enough points.

Looks like we have a few coming through next year, along with Finn this year.

F/S - Finn Maginness
Academy - Harrison Pepper

Academy - Connor Downie
Academy - Salele Feagaimalii
Academy - Todd Garner

Edit: fixed to move Pepper up.

Looks like we have a few coming through next year, along with Finn this year.

F/S - Finn Maginness
Academy - Harrison Pepper

Academy - Connor Downie
Academy - Salele Feagaimalii
Academy - Todd Garner

Edit: fixed to move Pepper up.

Yes sorry I had Pepper and Feagaimalii ass about. Either way come the 2020 offseason we will need to get creative if we want to bring Downie and Feagaimalii both in especially if they both kill it. Rich people problems 🤷‍♂️

So you’re saying we can bring all this top line youth talent AND still trade away our first round pick this year or next if a suitable trade requires it?

**** I love this club.

So you’re saying we can bring all this top line youth talent AND still trade away our first round pick this year or next if a suitable trade requires it?

fu** I love this club.

I think I said elsewhere, this is GW big challenge to hold enough collateral or create enough collateral for the two Drafts, while still trading.

I think I said elsewhere, this is GW big challenge to hold enough collateral or create enough collateral for the two Drafts.

Thankfully we’ve go the team to make the dream work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back