List Mgmt. Hawthorn 2018 Trade discussion NO OPPOSITION SUPPORTERS Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

A lot of riddles here. Who do we get?
I'm not going to post it here, because a) It's something I've heard elsewhere, and b) I'm not sure it has any legs at this stage.

I'm just posting to correct this idea that we magically end up with a Pick 3 for a 30 year old ruckman.

McEvoy being traded. Gee there is some rubbish posted on this site

Sorry I don’t deal in crap. BUT to your point there will be upside should he accept a proposition before him. Guess what - he has a proposition before him. He may well say no. I am sorry in a public forum I can’t say more but he has had a proposition for almost a week now.

Completely at peace with losing Burton now. To quote the mental imp that is Buddy Franklin, it is what it is. I’m not sure he can become an elite midfielder or forward and possibly that’s where the club is at also. In terms of rebounding defenders, Sicily has overtaken him rapidly and has more upside in my opinion. Hardwick is also a 10 year player in his current position. Birchall possible returns next year and hopefully we can get Scrimshaw to best 22 level to take over from Birch some day.

Burton could be elite, no doubt. But now he possibly becomes surplus to requirements. He may also get the desire to head home some day in the future anyway (although all reports say he’s happy at the club) and at least we can sell high now.

This is a high risk strategy but the reward of Wingard is a high one also. Our 2018 side minus Burton but with Wingard would automatically be a better one. Granted Burton has upside, but so does Chad about to hit his prime and coming to work under Clarko who rates him and vice versa.

The only sad part about losing Burton is that he got given the 5, so that’s a little disappointing that we trade him after one season. The upside there is that I think Harry Morrison will be a perfect replacement.

Love the Harry Morison idea, Ned. We know what Clarko thinks of that young man, don't we?:rainbow::thumbsu::moustache:

We should seriously stop this "B.B. being traded" thing.
Pittonet isn't ready, and I'm pretty sure T.Mitchell would fail as a ruck.
Yeah, despite getting 60 tapouts a match they wouldn't be palmed far enough, and too many of them would not be directly effective.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry I don’t deal in crap. BUT to your point there will be upside should he accept a proposition before him. Guess what - he has a proposition before him. He may well say no. I am sorry in a public forum I can’t say more but he has had a proposition for almost a week now.
So it wasn’t a typo?
My apologies, I thought it may have been

Are people really believing Gold Coast suns would entertain

A 30 year old ruckman and Hawthorns 2019 first round pick and give us pick 3 this year???

Seriously people get a grip. We are living in fantasy land on here.

I agree, but Gold Coast did give up pick 2 for Weller. I think they cream themselves if someone wants to go there.

Love the Harry Morison idea, Ned. We know what Clarko thinks of that young man, don't we?:rainbow::thumbsu::moustache:
Unfortunately, Harry can't play on someone like Tex walker. Neither can Sicily (not defensive minded enough). I think the one thing that Burton adds more than those guys is exceptional flexibility.

Oh well, better get used to him going...

Scrimshaw will be the ideal replacement long term, Birch short term.

The more i read about this kid the more i am starting to like him.

Whilst Scrims-hawk has made a name for himself as a mobile rebounding defender, the Sandringham Dragons product openly states a desire to shift into the midfield and standing at 193cm, he could be a genuine star in the making.

Scrimshaw has drawn comparisons to four-time premiership Hawk Grant Birchall for the way he patrols the defensive 50, but could become the epitome of a prototype midfielder in the mould of the Western Bulldogs’ Marcus Bontempelli (192cm/93kg).

“I think I’m just a rebounding defender and a tall, versatile sort of player".

“I think I read the play quite well off the half back line but I see myself as a midfielder going forward and hopefully as I build up the tank and the body hopefully I’ll be able to do that.

“He’s (Bontempelli) is one (I base my game on) and Grant Birchall is another. They’re great players so I’ll have to work pretty hard to compare with those guys.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back