Review Hawthorn defeats Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Huge win off a second half effort. The ability to lift and push beyond pain in the second half has been our failing this year. A great effort.

We were still creamed around the stoppages, but take one win at a time. This win was effort. From that can come positioning.

349098.gif

I’ve got nothing to say except I feel like I’ve been through the heavy cycle of my washing machine

Didn’t turn up in the first half
Came out firing in the 2nd half - wasn’t pretty but we got there but did try to give it back

Week for Cuz - silly boy

Time for a stiff drink

Terrible.. I don’t understand why when we have momentum and the chance to stick the dagger in we go slow, try and possess the footy with 6 minutes to go. I’m glad we won but really it’s nothing to happy with, Carlton are a poor footy side and we lacked any desire to put them away.

Clarko wouldn’t be happy, how could he?

The Blues' injuries are what kept us in it, but to come back from as good as 6 goals down will hopefully give the group some self-belief to turn our season around.

Jaegar was something special today, and almost single-handedly kept us from being blown off the park in that first half.

Sicily and Impey epitomised composure in defence.

Cripps may be the best player in the comp, so the job that Howe did on him cannot be overstated; absolutely brilliant.

Impey was huge, and how many times do you see players come back from injury like Shiels did?

Reckon we've gotta rest Gunston, figure out what's going on there. I almost hope he's carrying something we might have busted him playing him in the back line so much. Past couple of years he's either gone completely missing or shows only a few signs of the skill he has always had.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a great contest. Carlton youth is impressive. They can rightly feel like that was a missed opportunity. We won but it came with the realisation that there are very few if any teams which we can consider ourselves better than. Hopefully these sort of games build the spirit of the squad and builds team moral. Looking forward to watching the replay.

Good for the Tassie locals to see a close win.

It may not have been pretty, and those sorts of games can go either way when they're that close, but at least we were on the winning side unlike the Saints match.

Onto the Dees next week for what is FINALLY a non-Sunday/Monday shit time-slot match.

Terrible.. I don’t understand why when we have momentum and the chance to stick the dagger in we go slow, try and possess the footy with 6 minutes to go. I’m glad we won but really it’s nothing to happy with, Carlton are a poor footy side and we lacked any desire to put them away.

Clarko wouldn’t be happy, how could he?
Guess what, stop living in the past. We are not the great team we used to be or haven't you not quite noticed yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Hawthorn defeats Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Back