Hawthorn - four peat?

Remove this Banner Ad

Al Clarkson is a genius so there's nothing surer than them being up and about in September 2016. They'll likely have the most efficient game-plan yet again and their players will be managed to perfection.

But whether they salute again will depend as much on the quality of the opposition as it will on their own performance. Brisbane went up against a very good and experienced Port Adelaide side in 2004 when shooting for their own 4-peat. Can West Coast become that good? Can Freo manage their players better and time their run? Or will a quality Victorian side emerge that isn't overawed on the G? Hawks will win it again if no one steps up to deny them basically. They're not going to deny themselves.

Clarko is a genius and he will protect the older players again. The whole game plan, especially in H&A is designed to prolong their careers and conserve their bodies IMO.

The biggest threat to the Hawks is Port. The Hawks really struggle with their game plan. I was certainly not disappointed to see Port miss finals this year, not sure it will happen again though.

What "great kids" do GC have? Your list is rubbish

Firstly, you're a fool if you can't recognise that Gold Coast have some talented young footballers. Secondly, even if Gold Coast had none, I would suggest that is due to poor development processes, and an inability to learn from more experienced teammates (because there were barely any). In no year in draft history has every kid been a flop.

I don't need to make a list to refute your point, though I would comment that if you can't find any "great kids" on that list yourself, your brain is rubbish.

Someone call the engraving company. 2016 is one horse race now.

Melbourne+Demons+Training+Session+f1Adt_zYRcmm.jpg

2016 is Hawthorn's to lose. Said exactly the same thing this time last year.

Anyone who thinks their older players are over the hill is deluding themselves.

The thrashing they gave West Coast in the GF shows the gap between them and the rest of the competition.

And remember they did it the hard way by losing week one of the finals; and although it did not kill off the 'having a weeks break in finals means you are in the box seat for the prelim', it certainly made a big dent in it.

If they win their qualifying final, and get the subsequent week off, they will have an easier run at it than this year.

Hawthorn aren't unstoppable. In fact the Eagles beat them only a few weeks earlier and quite convincingly. Its just hard to beat them on their home ground on GF day - especially when you almost never play there.

Hawthorn aren't unstoppable. In fact the Eagles beat them only a few weeks earlier and quite convincingly. Its just hard to beat them on their home ground on GF day - especially when you almost never play there.
Yeah of course. That was the deciding factor this year. Well done for getting it so right.:thumbsu:

Firstly, you're a fool if you can't recognise that Gold Coast have some talented young footballers. Secondly, even if Gold Coast had none, I would suggest that is due to poor development processes, and an inability to learn from more experienced teammates (because there were barely any). In no year in draft history has every kid been a flop.

I don't need to make a list to refute your point, though I would comment that if you can't find any "great kids" on that list yourself, your brain is rubbish.

Make a list ya flog

What "great kids" do GC have? Your list is rubbish
Gee that's a bit harsh, if even the Hawks had the injury list they did I doubt Hawthorn finishes top 8.

The sheer volume of talent and the nature of their injuries was ridiculous for Gold Coast(although perhaps it's a sign that the players weren't managed correctly).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not invincible no. However there seems to be a slight oversight in that only a handful of weeks before the QF, Hawthorn beat the Eagles on the Eagles home ground. Lot of people forgetting that. And quite conveniently I think.

Nah, it works out ok in the end.
Exactly. Who gives a flying f**k if our Captain is suspended once, twice or three times a year when he holds the cup aloft at the end of it all. People having a dig at the way Hawthorn go about it. Maybe look in your own backyard first.

finishing = top with 10 outs probably harder then top 8 with 21 out.... captain and coach missed 4 games too o_O
21 out and you literally don't have your first team on the park. Literally, not figuratively. While I may be embellishing what I said, it was out of respect to Gold Coast, not a dig at Hawthorn. But if the above Hawthorn supporters here insist on having their fragile egos stroked(really don't get this considering the three-peat), then yes it was impressive that Hawthorn finished top with 10 out.

But have your entire team out? You'll achieve SFA, that fun list they brought up on 360, put just 10-11 more good players onto it then you've got the situation Gold Coast found themselves in.

21 out and you literally don't have your first team on the park. Literally, not figuratively. While I may be embellishing what I said, it was out of respect to Gold Coast, not a dig at Hawthorn. But if the above Hawthorn supporters here insist on having their fragile egos stroked(really don't get this considering the three-peat), then yes it was impressive that Hawthorn finished top with 10 out.

But have your entire team out? You'll achieve SFA, that fun list they brought up on 360, put just 10-11 more good players onto it then you've got the situation Gold Coast found themselves in.

Perhaps but imagine your chances going to shit in successive seasons when just two key posts are missing...

Perhaps but imagine your chances going to shit in successive seasons when just two key posts are missing...
Completely aware about the issues Freo face and have faced, how about focus on the three-peat part rather than sound like your world caves in if the Hawks are said to be anything less than gods?

Since I essentially said 'It'd be hard for Hawthorn to win if they had their entire team out'. Which is completely and utterly correct.

Hodge, Mitchell, Lake, Rioli, Shiels (best tagger), Roughead and Clarkson v Ablett and a bunch of absolute no name plodders

One team won the flag by 10 goals, the other finished 15th
OMeara Prestia Swallow and Ablett are their best 4 who were all injured and on top of that they were another missing 15 of their best 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorn - four peat?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back