Prediction Hawthorn Guernsey Numbers in 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

I would have thought the Crimmins family would be proud for Ryan Burton to don the number 5 jumper given what he has gone through to get back to playing football.
I can't recall exactly who it was but it was one of our past players who wore #1 and he stated how he's disappointed that he hasn't been able to see it out on the field in recent years.

Naturally it would be up to the Crimmins family but it's possible they'd prefer to have the #5 jumper remaining active out on the field. Even Sam would like to see it. He seems like the sort who'd be a bit embarrassed if his old jumper was 'retired' for a year.

From a marketing point of view they'll never give Tom Mitchell # 5. Who is going to buy new guernseys when they already have one that has the # 5 and name Mitchell on it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1 , 3 Mitchell ,5 O'Meara , 10 Lovell ,17 Howe , 27 Stewart, 31 Miles, 32 Hardwick , 36 Vickery , 37 draftee 88 ,39 Pittonet,
40 draftee 90, 41 draftee 108, 42 draftee 126, 43 rookie 45 rookie 46 rookie 47 rookie

1 - Heatherley - the people's choice
3 - Mitchell -hard, tough, no nonsense just like previous custodians (i.e lewis and the legend, Lethal!!)
5 - O'Meara - very controversial I understand but gee this kid is super impressive when you listen to him, polite, humble, respectful and by gee he can play
10 - Lovell - indigenous tradition
17 - Howe - has a lot of Tuck light qualities, unobtrusive, hard, team orientated - will be a 200 gamer
27 - Vickery - the 2nd coming of Johnny Barker??
31 - Pittonet
32 - Fitzpatrick - redrafted as a rookie
34 - Miles

*** I have not upgraded Burton as 15 or 23 may well become available in 2018 and he will prove to be worthy of both!

Last edited:
Don't think they will give 5 to anyone yet. I would actually like them to rest 3 and 5 next year i respect to Mitchell and Lewis

1 O'Meara - as a fan, I don't want the bloody number a give it to Jaeger
3 Mitchell
5 Let it breath for a year or two
10 Lovell
17 Howe
27 Burton - worn by cult figures like Spangher, Simmonds and Barker. Burton is fast becoming the new cult hero.

1 O'Meara - as a fan, I don't want the bloody number a give it to Jaeger
3 Mitchell
5 Let it breath for a year or two
10 Lovell
17 Howe
27 Burton - worn by cult figures like Spangher, Simmonds and Barker. Burton is fast becoming the new cult hero.
TV has the haircut for 27 or 44

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Hawthorn Guernsey Numbers in 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Back