Toast Hawthorn have headf***ed everyone

Remove this Banner Ad

To be filed under "For What Its Worth": I have written to Rohan about his articles (and the t-shirts he wears in press conferences, e.g., Helmet, The Mark of Cain), and he always writes back, and is genuine and kind. He seems like really decent bloke.

I like RoCo - always have done
Follow him on Twitter and listen to his podcasts

Thinks we can win the flag

Does Tim Lane hate Hawthorn more than Abbott hates Turnbull?

It is a deep deep deep and completely deluded hate.
Carlton rebuilld is taking a while all those early picks, seeing Ratten suceed,it must do massive psychological damage

Lane is a Carlton person. What do you expect. He still talks about 1979-1982 and he can’t stand what we have done since this period.

Carlton people are scum and what they are experiencing is beautiful. Enjoy the spoons Tim, you piece of shit.

KOLOKOTRONIS

Lane is a Carlton person. What do you expect. He still talks about 1979-1982 and he can’t stand what we have done since this period.

Carlton people are scum and what they are experiencing is beautiful. Enjoy the spoons Tim, you piece of shit.

KOLOKOTRONIS

If you want to hear a commentator in tears during a game, try to get access to the ABC video of the 1986 Grand Final.

In the second half, Timmy sounded like he was at a funeral - he barely had any praise for the Hawks, kept going on about the terrible display by the Blues.
It was just embarrassingly biased.

Last edited:
Does he like Shellac?

Unfortunately O'R-A, I am guilty of having to Google "Shellac" to discover it is not nail polish product but a band containing Steve Albini (who I am aware of as a record producer of some of my favorite albums). I suspect Rohan probably does know of them - he seems to have a pretty good/wide awareness of rock music.

Email him about it - if he can write back I am sure he will.

If you want to hear a commentator in tears during a game, try to get access to the ABC video of the 1986 Grand Final.

In the second half, Timmy sounded like he was at a funeral -he barely had any praise for the Hawks, kept going on about the terrible display by the Blues.
I have tried for years. Do you know where a copy is?

I have tried for years. Do you know where a copy is?

I saw it last year on the FoxFooty grand final eve marathon.

I think Fox has bought all the old ABC footage because a lot of what they show is from the ABC, e.g "The Winners" stuff.

In the second half, Timmy sounded like he was at a funeral - he barely had any praise for the Hawks, kept going on about the terrible display by the Blues.
Used to feel like he got every one of our Tassie games, unbearable. A truly awful commentator with a huge chip on his shoulder, just because we beat his team in a grand final one time!? I always thought he hated us because we were in Tassie, at least that's not quite as pathetic a reason.

I won’t dispute the Lane hate for the Hawks but to be fair to him, at the time of that article there were more then a few posters on here mirroring those very sentiments about the fact that we looked on the slide and that we had perhaps got our recent list management decisions wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I won’t dispute the Lane hate for the Hawks but to be fair to him, at the time of that article there were more then a few posters on here mirroring those very sentiments about the fact that we looked on the slide and that we had perhaps got our recent list management decisions wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The major difference is those Hawks fans were taking glee in it :rolleyes:

I’ve never heard that call. Must find it!

KOLOKOTRONIS

I like RoCo - always have done
Follow him on Twitter and listen to his podcasts

Thinks we can win the flag

He was a painful Bomber Mongrel around 2001 but time has mellowed him.

He is genuinely interesting to listen to, as he takes off centre positions and is defintiely not boring.

Tim’s bitter about Hawks being in Tassie, and is always agitating for Tassie to have its own team.

Started calling him Tim Lame some time ago.

He interviewed Jeff earlier this year and Jeff said "Great, do something about it" very funny

I really wish I had recorded/kept all those news stories around around 6 2017...
"How could we trade our future 1st rounder for Jaegar"
"How far ahead the Saints are"
"We'll be a bottom 4 side for years to come with no talent coming through"

Most of those on the "Clarko is a genius" bandwagon now were the driving forces behind these dud headlines.

I was amazed to hear the following fact the other night...

Since 2009, Hawks have only had 6 Picks inside the Top 30..... Truly amazing

I really wish I had recorded/kept all those news stories around around 6 2017...
"How could we trade our future 1st rounder for Jaegar"
"How far ahead the Saints are"
"We'll be a bottom 4 side for years to come with no talent coming through"

A 'trend' now is about 2 games such is the pressure to go one up on the pack in media street.

It truly is bullshit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Hawthorn have headf***ed everyone

Remove this Banner Ad

Back