News Hawthorn in the media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Just like last years thread, whatever Barrett has to say is not Hawthorn in the media.

Couldn’t care less for his shit takes, they don’t belong here.

King is a convert. He’s a true believer. He made good and honest arguments on First Crack last night (I just watched it now). I’ve spent so many years hating on him that I find myself in an odd position. Not dissimilar to what Cornes put me through earlier this year. It’s hard to let go of the grudges that have sustained me.

I’m just along for the ride. And what a ride it is. Thanks, boys! This year’s membership is the best money I have spent in a long, long time.

King called it a blowout. I reckon it was far from it.

Hawks of 2013-15 would have put 200+ up against them.

We really need to figure out how to bury and destroy teams.
It was definitely a blowout. But yes, it could have easily been a bigger margin. But this team is still young and honing its killer instinct. We'll annihilate some teams over the next decade with this group.

Watching the replay

Could Jack Riewoldt refer to Richmond 2017 less?

Surely you have a greater ability to analyze than that
People always talk about what they know. I didn't particularly like Richmond over their flags, wasn't a fan of the way they played as skill took a backseat, but I think if he's finding a parallel between what we're doing now and what they did in 2017 that's a good thing. If you read the signs following Richmond's loss to Geelong in Round 21, they were the obvious best side in it. Never challenged from there to the flag.

Same goes for us in 2008, following that loss to Richmond we flicked into gear and on form deserved every bit of that GF win.

I've enjoyed Riewoldt's analysis, and he picked up very early how good Dear was going to be.

Watching the replay

Could Jack Riewoldt refer to Richmond 2017 less?

Surely you have a greater ability to analyze than that
People seem to like him as a media person. I think he's a polished performer thanks to being a regular on AFL360 players night for so many years, but I find he often just repeats what others have just said in different words.

People seem to like him as a media person. I think he's a polished performer thanks to being a regular on AFL360 players night for so many years, but I find he often just repeats what others have just said in different words.
High School GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

King is a convert. He’s a true believer. He made good and honest arguments on First Crack last night (I just watched it now). I’ve spent so many years hating on him that I find myself in an odd position. Not dissimilar to what Cornes put me through earlier this year. It’s hard to let go of the grudges that have sustained me.

I’m just along for the ride. And what a ride it is. Thanks, boys! This year’s membership is the best money I have spent in a long, long time.

Even Purple is a convert, claiming we could go all the way and lauded Mitchell and the stunning turnaround we have seen after round five. He also said we are the best team to watch, or something along those lines. Can't argue with any of it, despite how dirty it makes you feel.

IMO it just goes to show how refreshing the changes Mitchell and co. made have been - exciting brand of football, exciting young players with an infectious attitude, open to the media / media friendly. You can't not like it even if you've been a staunch hater for years.

Even Purple is a convert, claiming we could go all the way and lauded Mitchell and the stunning turnaround we have seen after round five. He also said we are the best team to watch, or something along those lines. Can't argue with any of it, despite how dirty it makes you feel.

IMO it just goes to show how refreshing the changes Mitchell and co. made have been - exciting brand of football, exciting young players with an infectious attitude, open to the media / media friendly. You can't not like it even if you've been a staunch hater for years.
He is overcompensating now because he looked like an absolute goose with his calls about us last year .

Sam and the team have been great, 100% have swung a lot of people in the media and in general
Barrett is just jumping on to cover his tracks

He is overcompensating now because he looked like an absolute goose with his calls about us last year .

Sam and the team have been great, 100% have swung a lot of people in the media and in general
Barrett is just jumping on to cover his tracks

Well how do you know that man? Maybe he has simply just changed his opinion based on what he's seen us do, like so many others have.

Not that I'm going to put myself through it, but I'm betting he will be supportive of our development strategy during the Trade Radio segments. I'm also betting he will say Richmond, WCE and a few other clubs should look to do what we did by trading old heads out.

Well how do you know that man? Maybe he has simply just changed his opinion based on what he's seen us do, like so many others have.

Not that I'm going to put myself through it, but I'm betting he will be supportive of our development strategy during the Trade Radio segments. I'm also betting he will say Richmond, WCE and a few other clubs should look to do what we did by trading old heads out.
Likewise the Montagna angst. He made a call. Wasn’t malicious. Was wrong. Who cares? Sure remind him of it in good jest the vitriol is weird.

King called it a blowout. I reckon it was far from it.

Hawks of 2013-15 would have put 200+ up against them.

We really need to figure out how to bury and destroy teams.

Probably didn't get help we took Day of early in the last, but it game one of our prime movers a rest and we still get some good percentage, and hopefully makes the others learn to play well without him, for when he gets tagged.

I don't think you can call purple a convert if he never really addressed nor apologised for getting the "form of tanking" call wrong. He was defending it as recently as a month or two ago.

Likewise the Montagna angst. He made a call. Wasn’t malicious. Was wrong. Who cares? Sure remind him of it in good jest the vitriol is weird.
He put Sam Mitchell’s head on the block, and also disrespected our group in such a way that he quite literally said none of them wound amount to anything by stating that it was a 10 year rebuild we had started.

His comments were more inflammatory than any other commentators, tbh.

I don't know , but I think there is some logic to this if you look at his 'change of mind'
Without giving him too much airtime

- accused us of 'tanking' as a draft statergy. That is a huge and frankly disrespectful call especially when you throw in the numerous high picks his team has accumulated over 4 seasons.

This was despite beating higher placed teams ( both grand finalists ) last season, showing steady improvement and finishing out of the bottom 4 where we were tipped at the start of season.
Think you can also add he tipped us for the wooden spoon this year.

- has called for us to be stripped of draft picks ........which he has noticeable now become very quite on .

Change of opinion , yeah possible but more than likely covering his own a%% , excuse my French 🙂

Remove this Banner Ad

News Hawthorn in the media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back