News Hawthorn in the media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Just like last years thread, whatever Barrett has to say is not Hawthorn in the media.

Couldn’t care less for his shit takes, they don’t belong here.

James Brayshsw said we have been blessed with incredible health and that can’t last. Brian Taylor said we are all huff and puff and it’s all not real and we are no match for the more skillfull teams. Brayshaw implied if North had our health they would be much further up the ladder.

Who are North missing? Logue was a big loss, but we have had Lewis and Blanck out for essentially the entire season.

Outside of that they have had fringe players like Goater missing. Meanwhile we have had Day, Watson and CJ miss time.

Just on Kane. Canny work by Mitchell and co. getting him inside the tent. Like it or not Cornes has immense social media cache. The marketing and promotion he delivers is a free hit for the club.
Sam is a smart cookie.

Kane is the current day Peter McKenna with admiration of the club.

The Rushhour on MMM yesterday. It was truly disgusting.

Day
CJ
Sicily playing with one arm.
Ginnivan leg crack.
Punky groin issues.
Lewis
Blank
Reeves
Chad
Butler

It has not been the perfect run, maybe if we had full health like the top teams often do, we would be much higher on the ladder.
Missing your first choice KPF and KPD, starting the season 0-5. Every team just dreams of it.

Who are North missing? Logue was a big loss, but we have had Lewis and Blanck out for essentially the entire season.

Outside of that they have had fringe players like Goater missing. Meanwhile we have had Day, Watson and CJ miss time.
Well that's it isn't it. The guy is just a goose and it's indicative in general of the excuses that club keeps putting out for poor performances.

The stats on games lost to injury this season actually show the opposite of what he 'claimed'.

And BTs depth of analysis is if you yell louder it's better 😆

You know the funny thing is that they annually give us a top 4 draw (which I'm pretty sure is to fcuk us) but in the end all it has done is expedite our rebuild. The AFL should know by now that the HFC have always done things the hard way and all they done is made us stronger.

Reminds me of the 'all I was doing was making him buff and angry' cat post.

cats.jpg

Add Josh Weddle to the list of future captains of the club (couldnt resist lol). Very well spoken tonight on 360. I'd link the interview but yet to see it on any socials.

Weddle very relaxed in front of the cameras, another natural talent of his.

Very humble and honest with his answers (in other interviews also) and has this air of self-assured confidence about him.

I don't think there's anything a neutral supporter could hate about him outside of the fact he doesn't play for their club.

Weddle very relaxed in front of the cameras, another natural talent of his.

Very humble and honest with his answers (in other interviews also) and has this air of self-assured confidence about him.

I don't think there's anything a neutral supporter could hate about him outside of the fact he doesn't play for their club.

My wife has commented on his haircut a few times. But, then, let’s face it: the Hawks are not the well-groomed clan of 10 years ago. Spanger once caused titters of disapproval with his rock star looks. Now it’s the fellas that tame their mangy locks who cause a buzz.

As Bobby D once sang, “Times, they are a changin’.”

My wife has commented on his haircut a few times. But, then, let’s face it: the Hawks are not the well-groomed clan of 10 years ago. Spanger once caused titters of disapproval with his rock star looks. Now it’s the fellas that tame their mangy locks who cause a buzz.

As Bobby D once sang, “Times, they are a changin’.”
I'd like everyone of our players to have a Dusty haircut if it meant that they could play like him !

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Their fear will now cause a change in tactics. First they dismissed our boys. Now they will try to distract them with as yet unearned praise.

Next, they will say it’s not yet our time.
I still remember a very sour-puss Robert Walls describing how we didnt deserve the 1991 flag and we pinched it…

F’ him too

Not really sure it’s Hawthorn in the media, but I guess it kind of fits here.

Gunston must have been unavailable.
It’s quite amazing to have 4 guys from 1 suburban club on the list.

IMG_6617.jpeg

Their fear will now cause a change in tactics. First they dismissed our boys. Now they will try to distract them with as yet unearned praise.

Next, they will say it’s not yet our time.
Interestingly enough, the youngest side to win a flag was Collingwood in 2010. I always remind people this when they talk about how Hawthorn won flags because of the expansion teams. It's not our fault that other teams who got their rebuilding done pre-expansion shat the bed so badly.

Interestingly enough, the youngest side to win a flag was Collingwood in 2010. I always remind people this when they talk about how Hawthorn won flags because of the expansion teams. It's not our fault that other teams who got their rebuilding done pre-expansion shat the bed so badly.

That 2010 team was insanely good - and people tend to forget how bloody good they were in 2011 because they didn't go back to back. They had 20 wins and a percentage of 167.7. That they didn't become a dynastic team is a massive indictment on those steering the ship at that club back then.

That 2010 team was insanely good - and people tend to forget how bloody good they were in 2011 because they didn't go back to back. They had 20 wins and a percentage of 167.7. That they didn't become a dynastic team is a massive indictment on those steering the ship at that club back then.
Yep. Climbing the top of the mountain is one thing but staying there whilst everyone else is trying to knock you off it next level. This is why teams that have sustained success like our 3peat team are so special.

We're media darlings atm but don't be surprised for that feeling to change pretty quickly due to our expedited progress this season. There are a lot that still have mental scars from that 3peat era which in AFL years isn't that long ago and there would be a lot of fans that think that we should be resigned to the bottom of the ladder for another 10 years. The thing is Hawthorn have never abided by that script and most of us are already starving for our next period of success.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Hawthorn in the media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back