News Hawthorn in the media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Just like last years thread, whatever Barrett has to say is not Hawthorn in the media.

Couldn’t care less for his shit takes, they don’t belong here.

Went and had a listen to the rest of that segment. Pretty funny how cut he is by it. And acts as if everyone else is being unreasonable for still bringing it up.

I guarantee the moment he genuinely and unconditionally owns up to getting it wrong that 99% of people will drop it and move on. It's only ever been his defiant doubling down and shifting of goal posts in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary that has had people all over this.

To be fair, as purple reminded Nat Edwards on Access All Areas this week, she did tip us for third last this year.
But yeah, it's his refusal to concede that we weren't doing a "form of tanking", that means this will dog him for a long time.
Next time we salute in the big dance, I want one of our boys on the dais to shout, "it's a form of tanking!", a la Crawf's "that's what I'm talking about!".

Last edited:
To be fair, as purple reminded Nat Edwards on Access All Areas this week, she did tip us for third last this year.
But yeah, it's his refusal to concede that we weren't doing a "form of tanking", that means this will dog him for a long time.
Next time we salute in the big dance, I want one of our boys on the dais to shout, "it's a form of tanking!", a la Crawf's "that's what I'm talking about!".
"That's what I'm tanking about! Well... it's a form of tanking! Not that there's anything wrong with that!"

It's a long time on the dais though. :p

Brown on On the Couch last night pretty much saying Freo were robbed a finals spot as the Hawks played Norf and Tiges whereas Dockers played GWS & Port.

(Lyon mentioned the draw was based on where teams finished blah blah, nobody suggested to Browny that there's more than just the last 2 games ina season?)

My gawd, of all the takes to take the cake, this take is the one take that takes the cake.
Couldn't believe nobody pointed out. "Browny, Freo could be playing final instead of Hawthorn or Carlton...if they didn't lose to both Hawthorn and Carlton".

Not to mention they drew with Collingwood which doomed them both. Oh and speaking of Collingwood, we beat them by 11 goals too.

Absolutely every side earned their spot. We had to win 6 or out last 7 to make it and did. Freo just needed to win 1 of the last 4 and lost them all.

Freo beat Bulldogs, Brisbane and Sydney (convinced Sydney loaded up training for 2 months when they were 4 games clear on top)

The drew or lost to every other top 10 side and lost to Essendon.

They did not deserve finals and are lucky they weren't below Stkilda and Adelaide who had similar seasons.

Brown on On the Couch last night pretty much saying Freo were robbed a finals spot as the Hawks played Norf and Tiges whereas Dockers played GWS & Port.

(Lyon mentioned the draw was based on where teams finished blah blah, nobody suggested to Browny that there's more than just the last 2 games ina season?)

My gawd, of all the takes to take the cake, this take is the one take that takes the cake.
Maybe beating one team in the 8 over the last 17 rounds wasn't so much bad luck but an accurate reflection of their quality.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree I follow other teams from other sports in different countries, and I’m sure other people on these forums follow sporting teams from different countries also, not just Hawthorn.

If Hawthorn can become as big as other sporting teams internationally some people could be walking the streets of the USA or the UK in a Hawthorn jumper, and we get bigger sponsors and lots more money as they can use Hawthorn as a brand to give exposure to their brand internationally.
Sorry I'm so late to this party. but I had to let you know I wear Hawk gear around here quite often. IOW, I'm workin' on it!!!!!:drunk::p

Thing I love about finals, is that once it's played, the draw becomes irrelevant.

Beat the Bulldogs on Fri, and that narrative has sailed.

Now it's simply survival of the fittest.

Are-You-Not-Entertained-Gladiator.0.0.gif

I don't remember ever listening to Jonno Brown and come away thinking " gee, he makes a good point" . Never.
Intellect of a 10 year old disguised within a confident swagger and blokey bush accent... usually tune out when he starts grunting out the obvious and wait for the next commentator to offer something insightful. Also finishes sentences with "So...." a fair bit which is weird for a grown man.

Intellect of a 10 year old disguised within a confident swagger and blokey bush accent... usually tune out when he starts grunting out the obvious and wait for the next commentator to offer something insightful. Also finishes sentences with "So...." a fair bit which is weird for a grown man.
Agreed. I think Bucks looks at him with bemused detachment, “ok so you’re the village idiot in this group”.
I actually think Daisy Thomas would good as the third banana in On The Couch. Has some real good insights.

Agreed. I think Bucks looks at him with bemused detachment, “ok so you’re the village idiot in this group”.
I actually think Daisy Thomas would good as the third banana in On The Couch. Has some real good insights.
I nicknamed Daisy 'Cones'. If you ever get the chance to watch one of his 1st ads for Pointsbet you'll know why. Looked like Donny Sutherland about 2 hours into Sounds.

Loved that, thanks.

Which player was it that said "you have", after Mitch said something like "What happens now, anyone been here before". Did bring a smile to my face.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Hawthorn in the media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back