News Hawthorn in the media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Just like last years thread, whatever Barrett has to say is not Hawthorn in the media.

Couldn’t care less for his shit takes, they don’t belong here.

Or that we’ve beaten the other 2 teams in the premiership window

How Hawthorn is entering the premiership window

Deon Taylor GIF by Black And Blue Movie

"That's what I'm tanking about! Well... it's a form of tanking! Not that there's anything wrong with that!"

It's a long time on the dais though. :p
It's a form of ten year rebuild.

Agreed. The other thing to factor going into next season is that Barrass + Battle will need time to gel with their new teammates and also to lear our system. There will most definitely be an adjustment period which could have a domino effect throughout the team
They've got pre-season plus 5 games, same as Chol, Masso and Ginni got this year. We'll know pretty quickly if they are up for it.

As above, never heard of this? Who used to bag him out?

Not sure, but could be a subtle dig at Clarko.

When Sam gave up the captaincy, I believe his young daughter (?) was having some health issues putting huge strain on his young family. Clarko I believe persuaded him to give up the captaincy and it almost led to Sam leaving the club.

Not sure, but could be a subtle dig at Clarko.

When Sam gave up the captaincy, I believe his young daughter (?) was having some health issues putting huge strain on his young family. Clarko I believe persuaded him to give up the captaincy and it almost led to Sam leaving the club.
No it was when the twins were born, they had had an emergency c-section, and the first few months were really tough on them with their father and law also being diagnosed with alzheimers.

They felt the club weren’t being very empathetic at the time, and clarko sent a message critical of his performance in finals which was briefly sort of the final straw.

No it was when the twins were born, they had had an emergency c-section, and the first few months were really tough on them with their father and law also being diagnosed with alzheimers.

They felt the club weren’t being very empathetic at the time, and clarko sent a message critical of his performance in finals which was briefly sort of the final straw.

From memory Sam was sleeping in hotels the night before games so he could get sleep during that time.

I'm probably diverging the conversation away from this thread's category about media talk but on Breusty...surely he's one of the top 10 small forwards of the past decade?

The guy is so consistent and just goes about his job with minimal fuss. Probably doesn't get the plaudits the likes of Toby Greene, Charlie Cameron and Shai Bolton types receive due to his low profile and quiet personality.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who is Caro referring to?
I had the same wondering.

All I can remember is Derm saying on radio that he wasn't sure if Sam had any 'real, true friends' at the club but were rather just 'team mates', and then Mitchell giving him a bit of a wack when he was on air with him one day about it. Not sure if these two are related to what Caro is talking about or not.

I had the same wondering.

All I can remember is Derm saying on radio that he wasn't sure if Sam had any 'real, true friends' at the club but were rather just 'team mates', and then Mitchell giving him a bit of a wack when he was on air with him one day about it. Not sure if these two are related to what Caro is talking about or not.
You happen to have a link to this clip? Would love nothing more than to see that little weasel called out by Sam.

Sam will be at AFL360 tonight

Just watched it. Got my Hawks hat on of course, but he really seems a big step above a lot of other coaches in terms of emotional intelligence and communication.

I want to run through a brick wall after listening to him and there was no rah rah about it at all... Calm, considered, passionate and clear in his direction.

Far out we are lucky to have had this bloke play for us and now coach us.

I'm probably diverging the conversation away from this thread's category about media talk but on Breusty...surely he's one of the top 10 small forwards of the past decade?

The guy is so consistent and just goes about his job with minimal fuss. Probably doesn't get the plaudits the likes of Toby Greene, Charlie Cameron and Shai Bolton types receive due to his low profile and quiet personality.
Huh?

Forget last decade, Breust should be in the discussion for the top 10 small forwards of the last century! His longevity and consistency beats most, if not all of his forward pocket peers.

Titus, Matthews, Moriarty played as small FFs, playing as the #1 target in their teams. Even the likes of Eddie Betts and Brad Johnson spent years as their teams main target. Eddie kicked 640 goals in 350 games (1.82); Johnson 558 in 364 (1.53).

Milne, for all his issues off-field, was a devastating forward - kicking 574 goals in 275 games (2.08). My memory of him, was he too was a pseudo FF.
As was Daicos, 549 in 250 games (2.19)

Which brings us to Luke Breust - 548 goals in 298 games (1.83). Mr Consistent, playing in what's often dubbed the hardest position on the ground - Bruest was always good for a dozen or so touches, four tackles, 2 goals. Luke is the most accurate small forward since behind stats were kept, even when compared with those that spent their time in the goalsquare. Of the list of small forwards, he likely has the highest tackle rate, and certainly defensive efforts (though they may have waned the last few years). His judgement to crumbing off packs at speed was (and all too rarely now, is!) truly astonishing.

In typical Hawthorn fashion, he has been critically under-rated his whole career, just two AA when he could have had 4 or even 5. Some said he was only good because of those around him. He shared a forward line with perhaps the greatest forward group ever assembled, yet he never felt out of place. Luke Breust, a Hawthorn Great and surely a future AFL HOFer.

(it's ok, he hasn't retired!)

Jonathan Brown again had to fit in that Hawthorn were helped by playing North in the last round. I guess the Bulldogs' performance in the premiership window is so much more impressive because they had the tough assignment of playing North in the second last round instead.
Ease up, the cte impact on memory can be a tricky one to manage. We just smile and wave at ol Lego head

Super impressed by Bevo on 360, clearly still has a great affection for Mitch and dare I say the Hawks.
Nice change from Longmire who gives nothing and can put a glass eye to sleep and Scott who has that ' I'm the smartest person in the room ' vibe with every comment

Remove this Banner Ad

News Hawthorn in the media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back