News Hawthorn in the media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Just like last years thread, whatever Barrett has to say is not Hawthorn in the media.

Couldn’t care less for his shit takes, they don’t belong here.

Listing to that Daniel Hoyne on SEN, champion data guru. I knew chol had an average finals, but gee wizz, I didn’t realise how bad it really was..
It wasn't really any worse than you thought. Just needed stickier hands against Dogs and against Port, all our talls were ordinary. Lewis can't come back soon enough!

Listing to that Daniel Hoyne on SEN, champion data guru. I knew chol had an average finals, but gee wizz, I didn’t realise how bad it really was..
He had a great year.
He wasn’t alone in playing average during the 2 finals, especially against Port

Enjoyed this interview with Dermie on BackChat Podcast

Of course, I had to then YouTube his interaction with the drunk at the All Star Cafe in 1997
“ I just want to go on with it, believe me…” Classic stuff.

Watched it earlier. Always have time for dermie. Basically the reason I started following the mighty Hawks. Legend.

Of course, I had to then YouTube his interaction with the drunk at the All Star Cafe in 1997

Was listening to this on the way into work - great story teller, very honest and raw. I loved those training days at Glenferrie oval during September in the 80s, they were a highlight in themselves - superstars everywhere....and the sausage sizzle!

My favourite Hawk next to Hodgey.
Guy unfairly/fairly cops shit for some of his commentary but I don't mind it as much as some.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Full interview in the link, great interview.

I've said it before, but he plays with such a straight bat! Cornes and Kingy were desperate to get something out of him about the post match saga and he gave them nothing. They tried to goad him, still nothing. There was a bit of irony in them continuously trying to make a big deal out of Hawthorn's reaction when Sam was quite clear that outside of his one comment in the presser, we have barely discussed it.

This is the Worpel interview they're referring to in the interview with Sam. Worpel was just answering a question straight after the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Hawthorn in the media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back