News Hawthorn in the media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Just like last years thread, whatever Barrett has to say is not Hawthorn in the media.

Couldn’t care less for his shit takes, they don’t belong here.

Roosy with a take typical from him.

Roos who watched while Ryan o keefe went to the wire with a move to the hawks, but ‘persuaded’ ROK to stay and then go public about how apparently shhitty the hawks were in dealings

How did that affect hawks dealings with player managers? Not much I’d say.

Roosy buffoonery in verbal form

A few weeks ago, I defended Roos when I thought our resident Groundhog Day fan was being overly critical of him.

I take it all back, Ned Ryerson. Roos is indeed a buffoon of the highest order!

Sydney failed to execute the Joe Daniher trade so are they stained? They might have at least provided better entertainment in the 2022 and 2024 GF’s with Daniher.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m not listening to that, which club does he think should be banned from the draft?

Yet another rent-free abode for the Hawthorn Football Club. My goodness, this is what happens when you play for Fitzroy, losing all those Prelims to the mighty Hawks. Then, you coach a side that is all but dragged over the line by the AFL, only to trip on that last hurdle in a spectacular manner. That brain has a spacious - if empty - room. But it is decked out in brown & gold and the club doesn’t have to pay a cent to live there!

I'm still waiting to hear why us trading pick 14 was a good idea. I just can't get my head around it, all these picks flying around, no players getting traded but plenty of picks being swapped.
If we trade Barrass for F1+F2 which we got for Pick 14 then we still have a F1+F2, gives us the option of trading out a F1 on draft night if needed, without that second F2 we'd be unable to trade the F1.

How Roos still gets these media gigs is beyond me . He hasn't had one reasonable or sensible take in years .
And then he was absolute hit and miss and living of the Swans 05/06 (still is )

But we have such a low bar anyway.
Dwayne Russel suggests today pick 3 for Sam De Koning is unders .......he can't get a game in Geelongs team and yet us peddled as nearly a number 1 pick.
Jenkins telling the Dogs to just accept what they get for Smith , same with Dees for Oliver .

It's laughable stuff 😆

How Roos still gets these media gigs is beyond me . He hasn't had one reasonable or sensible take in years .
And then he was absolute hit and miss and living of the Swans 05/06 (still is )

But we have such a low bar anyway.
Dwayne Russel suggests today pick 3 for Sam De Koning is unders .......he can't get a game in Geelongs team and yet us peddled as nearly a number 1 pick.
Jenkins telling the Dogs to just accept what they get for Smith , same with Dees for Oliver .

It's laughable stuff 😆

Josh Jenkins is an absolute deadshit. He could absolutely let you know which crayon tastes the best.

Our product is stained when this is this WWE type manufactured theatre from the media that isn't based on reality that runs parallel to an extremely professional sporting competition. They enter each others worlds and interact, but they are not the same reality.

Personally I love that we haven't let the WWE theatre enter into our thinking this trade period. From the first day MM was interviewed he said 'we know it'll take a good pick to get it done'. It was interesting he said 'a good pick' (singular) after he was interviewed, and that was a good sign we weren't falling for Twomey and co asking for more. Whatever it is that Hawthorn are offering, it must be more.

29, injury history, but a gun player. A first rounder is on the generous side but fair. To be thinking of multiple in that situation is not realistic. However given the Carlton trade, we could put a F1 and F2 on the table. I love that we are asking for a F3 back, rather than bowing down to media pressure that doesn't make any sense.

Remove this Banner Ad

News Hawthorn in the media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back