Hawthorn may emerge as the new frontrunner for Dangerfield

Remove this Banner Ad

They can always go and visit the Sphinx. The one in north Geelong, that is.

the-sphinx-5636-1.jpg

I just want another club to come from nowhere and pinch Danger from under Geelongs feet.That will be Hilarious!!!!!Hopefully not Collingwood or Essendon and we know the Swanettes cannot get him!!!!

Surely at least 50% of our cap would go to Hodge (850k?), Mitchell (850k?), Roughead (700k?), Lewis (700k?), Gunston (500k?), Frawley (500k?), Gibson (600k?), Rioli (600k), Birchall (600k?) and Burgoyne (600k)??

I have no idea though, does anyone?

Surely at least 50% of our cap would go to Hodge (850k?), Mitchell (850k?), Roughead (700k?), Lewis (700k?), Gunston (500k?), Frawley (500k?), Gibson (600k?), Rioli (600k), Birchall (600k?) and Burgoyne (600k)??

I wouldn't think Hodge and Mitchell would be on that much coin...I know Hodge has spoken off taking pay cuts to keep players at the club.....stating that everyone has to get a turn at getting their payday, he's had his......I'd think Roughead would be our most expensive

The pussies have a history of getting ahead of themselves, claiming things that aren't quite theirs yet. And we have a history of depriving them of such things (eg: 2008 premiership, James Frawley).

I seriously wonder sometimes whether we really wanted Frawley that bad or whether because the pussies did that we decided, well...

Maybe we will go for Dangerfield after all, just for the shits and giggles. ;)

The pussies have a history of getting ahead of themselves, claiming things that aren't quite theirs yet. And we have a history of depriving them of such things (eg: 2008 premiership, James Frawley).

I seriously wonder sometimes whether we really wanted Frawley that bad or whether because the pussies did that we decided, well...

We needed another big guy we got Chip
We need another big bodied midfielder we get Paddy
Not our fault cats need those players as well and they chose us is it ;)

The words "Hawks are interested in signing Player X" is guaranteed to push his price up.

So, at the very least, Geelong will paying more than the odds for Dangerfield.

We have a raft of young midfielders coming through, or already making their presence felt. As much as I'd love to have Danger, it doesn't seem possible.

I say we go after Carlisle instead. Yes, I'm aware he comes from a druggy club, and yes I'm aware that he has a bit of an attitude problem. It's more than possible that he has an attitude problem because he was unhappy with the drug culture at Esendon and wanted out. I reckon we could clean him up and turn into a 20% better player than he was, as we always do. Especially with Lake and Gibbo nearing the end. Will be cheaper than Danger too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, but they did manage to steal Sam Blease out from under us.

:)

Forgot 89...
Please hand in your membership on your way out.

Could it be that the club Dangerfield has chosen as his preferred destination is playing finals and the announcement will come once their season is over?
Not saying it is the Hawks...

Forgot 89...
Please hand in your membership on your way out.

Surely you don't believe the pussies are that far up themselves they believed the 89 flag to be theirs before they played? Geelong supporters were far more tame back then, and did actually believe they were merely an outside chance against the reigning premiers.

The first 2 would be on veterans list so only half their cap would be listed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawthorn may emerge as the new frontrunner for Dangerfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Back