Autopsy Hawthorn pipped at the post by Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Hodgey was very, very happy with the Lions win. He has a strong Paul Salmon vibe (who now apparently supports the Hawks despite playing 80 percent of his career at the Dons)

Saw a guy near the cbd about a year ago going for a run with vintage hawks gear on that looked like genuine club apparel. It was the man Paul Salmon

Love the Volkaneo but he definitely puts too much mayo on things. Best win in 20 years? He’s acting like they travelled to the g with 15 debutants and beat the undefeated ladder leaders

Yeah Kane has come to work with his port guernsey on. He spent the entire week talking up Hawthorn and loading up on Port and how insipid they were while stirring the hornets nest right up.

Hats off to Port, they played superbly and gave us zero time or space to get any system going on the night.

He also whacked Hodge and Lewis between the eyes and basically called them sooks which will be an interesting watch for the reply.

Yeah Kane has come to work with his port guernsey on. He spent the entire week talking up Hawthorn and loading up on Port and how insipid they were while stirring the hornets nest right up.

Hats off to Port, they played superbly and gave us zero time or space to get any system going on the night.

He also whacked Hodge and Lewis between the eyes and basically called them sooks which will be an interesting watch for the reply.

He's a machiavellian, populist media operator.

Doesn't care about anyone other than himself ultimately, he's no friend of our club no matter what people might think.

Was probably passing along notes to Port with whatever he felt he could glean from the interaction after catching the same plane as our guys.

Ginni and Watto after kicking a goal against port next season
View attachment 2112188
I'd rather not see that. Not wanting us to pick up any cues from Peanut Kenny. 75,000 Hawks fans boo'ing the clown when he steps foot on the MCG (we need that fixture) will do. And Sammy ignoring him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd rather not see that. Not wanting us to pick up any cues from Peanut Kenny. 75,000 Hawks fans boo'ing the clown when he steps foot on the MCG (we need that fixture) will do. And Sammy ignoring him.
Yeah Id take a more stoic approach myself as you suggested but not everyone is motivated that way.

Robbo still has steam coming out of his ears.

He's also struggling with the distinction between player and coach.

Have another beer, Robbo!
And Sam did that half way through a game when everyone was talking trash. Sheedy did his throat thing at half time.

Once the game is over it is over.

And Sam did that half way through a game when everyone was talking trash. Sheedy did his throat thing at half time.

Once the game is over it is over.

That point is somehow lost on so many people. Hard to know whether it's self deception, or deliberate.

It's a weird world this AFL media landscape.

Almost like they're living in a bubble, and don't get that the days of privileged access and non disclosure about what goes on behind closed doors is almost over.

Hodgey was very, very happy with the Lions win. He has a strong Paul Salmon vibe (who now apparently supports the Hawks despite playing 80 percent of his career at the Dons)
I'm pretty sure Paul Salmon growing up was a Hawthorn supporter? At least that's what I recall from a hazy memory of back then, or perhaps it was a family connection to Hawthorn. Either way I don't think it was a case of him being turned away from the dark side and now supporting us as there was already a connection to us which preceded him playing for Essendon.

Edit: Just did a few searches which confirmed what I recalled in some news articles I found. He did support the Hawks growing up.

Last edited:
Looking back I wish we swung Weddle forward earlier. We needed a tall up there with Gunston going off and he was having a bit of a mare down back.

Nah, nah they're doing it. 12 times in one game too. It's going to be like Heathrow airport

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Hawthorn pipped at the post by Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back