Autopsy Hawthorn pipped at the post by Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

I never planned on ever rewatching this game, but happened upon the Kayo mini now and wish i hadn't. Instead find myself reliving the pain of hitting the post twice with a few minutes to go, all while Port were dobbing from everywhere. After feeling nothing but pride all week, i've moved on to the next phase: feeling cheated by cruel luck. Sicily missed a really gettable one too, just dribbling the wrong way through. As for all the criticism of Chol, he was vital in setting up Ginnivan's goal, but no one's mentioning this. Also had Sicily not snatched the ball out of his hands, it would've been him lining up for goal

Looking back on our season, our unacceptable losses to Port and to GWS, it's hard to stomach we're not playing this week as we could've gone all the way dammit. But i guess that's footy, a stone cold bitch of a game

I never planned on ever rewatching this game, but happened upon the Kayo mini now and wish i hadn't. Instead find myself reliving the pain of hitting the post twice with a few minutes to go, all while Port were dobbing from everywhere. After feeling nothing but pride all week, i've moved on to the next phase: feeling cheated by cruel luck. Sicily missed a really gettable one too, just dribbling the wrong way through. As for all the criticism of Chol, he was vital in setting up Ginnivan's goal, but no one's mentioning this. Also had Sicily not snatched the ball out of his hands, it would've been him lining up for goal

Looking back on our season, our unacceptable losses to Port and to GWS, it's hard to stomach we're not playing this week as we could've gone all the way dammit. But i guess that's footy, a stone cold bitch of a game

Think the Hardwick one was the killer blow. Just so unlucky Georgiadies slightly changed direction as the ball was about to hit his boot.

The far wing in particular looked pretty rowdy for hawks fans too, then a few more bays off camera where I’ve taken the photo from were also full hawk bays. Really was good fun tbh

That’s so good to hear. At the end of the day it’s a distraction and entertainment.

That's not the first time that happened to us this year
Not stepping back further off the mark and then having the resulting kick get smothered is something I've seen happen from Hardwick, Scrimshaw and Sicily quite a few times.

It's one of those things along with handballs that just miss the target and double grabbing marks that gives me the uneasy feeling that things are just a little bit off.

The opposite is probably when our players are doing those clever taps and knock-ons that open up the space and avoid them getting nailed in the tackle by taking possession.

not sure Port will get flogged if they play the same this week. Credit where it is due, they were absolutely fantastic and negated all our strengths with quite amazing pressure. Having said that, it is a measure of how good the Hawks were playing at the back end of the season, given we lost by three points and had two posters in the last five minutes.
People have to realise this, what they produced was not a simple anecdote during the season, you need to be switched on for 90% of the game with no lapses. Credit to them for this, the amount of times I thought we were out and yet Port were able to hold tackles or just obstruct our drive/play. Add in our very own fatigue under this duress, we produced a magnificent effort.

Think the Hardwick one was the killer blow. Just so unlucky Georgiadies slightly changed direction as the ball was about to hit his boot.
I reckon Georgiades' bonce also helped Rioli get the last second goal at half time. Hardwick tries to help it through and it ricochets straight to Willie. 🤬

How unlucky are the Hawks? Port selected Charlie Dixon in their team to play the Swans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What his captain James Sicily allegedly said to Port Adelaide coach Ken Hinkley last Friday night has also been revealed, with the Hawks skipper taking a dig at Port’s lack of ultimate success in the last two decades.

7News.com.au reported that in Sicily’s post-match spat with Hinkley, he told the 57-year-old that his club has been “nowhere club for eight years”.

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Am I the only one who went to the Adelaide oval to watch this game and is still absolutely gutted about losing this. Hard pill to swallow 😓
Yeah, I know what you mean. I live in Adelaide, and the one team I hate losing to is Port Adelaide, especially after that disappointing loss earlier in the year.

I'm happy with our overall season, but losing to Port leaves a sour taste in the mouth.

That’s going straight up on the whiteboard
They have a prelim to prepare for yet here we are a week later from our game and they're more concerned about saving face! Trust Me, most actually think he's made an absolute dick of himself , an embarrassment.
That whiteboard shit won't mean jack all, because ours is a lotttt bigger. Btw, I agree with Sis , making finals without the ultimate success means didly squat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Hawthorn pipped at the post by Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back